SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:07 PM
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
1,954 Posts
Video
early morning beach flying with a Mc Clain 36" flying wing MCW36

Hey folks

a second little video from my recent vacation to the outer banks.

I am flying a Mcclain 36" flying wing with a Dons wicked Jr park pusher outrunner on a 3s 1500 kokam pack.

level flight speeds are about 70 to 75 mph ..slow flight speeds are somewhere around 20, it can fly slower but the gusts were particularly rough so speed is your friend!

winds are honking at 18 kts initially out of the SW then out of the NW - - off the land side of course - lots of turbulence coming off the condos and the dunes but nothing that was slopable from the beach side . . . just a lot to kick your tail

Lots of fun...

my lovely wife was kind enough come out with me to the beach to try to work the camera side - this is her first attempt at video work and I think she did pretty well as the video you are going to watch is pretty much uncut, just pasted pieces of video from one flight.
pval3 is offline Find More Posts by pval3
to remove ads between posts