SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:25 AM
Professor Joe Valencic
Lake Forest, Ca.
Joined Oct 2006
223 Posts
Discussion
AUV show in San Diego with FPV/RPV

I just attended the AUVSIS Unmanned Systems show in San Diego where there were more that 300 exhibitors showing the latest autonomous and FPV/RPV technologies. I thought it appropriate to link to this posting for any users in the Video Piloting forum to see what can be done with virtually unlimited budgets. aka, government contracts. See:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877898

In the pictures posted you may gain some ideas for your next projects including camera mounts, head tracking geat, wireless technologies, etc.
Remember, this is mainly military so they are use to controlling Preditors in the Arabian Gulf from a military base in US. There can be as much as a 12 second lag but most of the time it is 3 to 6 seconds from what the "flight experts" tell me.

I will also try to post more pictures that are specific to Video Piloting rather than AUV's.
questtek is offline Find More Posts by questtek
to remove ads between posts