Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 26, 2009, 01:52 AM
Registered User
quadshot's Avatar
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Wow Mark I think you've got something there for Sunday!
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2009, 01:15 PM
Registered User
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot View Post
Wow Mark I think you've got something there for Sunday!
Happy Thanksgiving all.

Chris work pays for Toys, got to be thankfull for that.

Mark I stil have your gun. Its loaded and ready to go. I've been lazy about bringing it back. I'll call Friday AM.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multicopter News
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:44 AM
Semper Fidelis
Big Gas's Avatar
USA, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Jul 2005
1,444 Posts
I think you guys might appreciate this.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/bt...58e150b37cf038
Big Gas is offline Find More Posts by Big Gas
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2009, 11:07 AM
2 Build or not 2 build???
jrbike's Avatar
Solana Beach, CA
Joined Jul 2008
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gas View Post
I think you guys might appreciate this.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/bt...58e150b37cf038
That is just too darn funny. Thanks for the post.
jrbike is offline Find More Posts by jrbike
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2009, 11:38 AM
Registered User
JLink125's Avatar
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,195 Posts
Hey guys I just got my first taste of DS'n last sunday at norco, I flew my carbon destiny and my erwin v, I'm not to sure how fast it was but man what a blast, I can see why you all love it so much! Next speed goal 200mph..haha
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2009, 09:07 PM
Registered User
LVSloper's Avatar
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,164 Posts
DS Rehab

Jlink, The bug has bitten me also, started Dsing eight months ago and now more than half my planes a slope/ds planes. Next goal is to obtain some carbon and really get going fast. The need for more speed! Best, Mike
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2009, 09:25 PM
Is it DS'able?
wr_mizzard's Avatar
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125 View Post
Hey guys I just got my first taste of DS'n last sunday at norco, I flew my carbon destiny and my erwin v, I'm not to sure how fast it was but man what a blast, I can see why you all love it so much! Next speed goal 200mph..haha
Don't you just love your erwin? Mine is possibly my favorite airplane...ever.
Is yours the DSS version or light-layup?

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2009, 09:41 PM
Registered User
JLink125's Avatar
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard View Post
Don't you just love your erwin? Mine is possibly my favorite airplane...ever.
Is yours the DSS version or light-layup?

-James
My erwin is the light layup, it's way too light for DS'n as I found out, well at least for the wind we were flying in that day as I kept getting pushed out of the shear layer but my destiny was working great. I think I'll keep the erwin for front-side flying only, or do you know of a way to add ballast, there really isn't much room in the fuse, maybe the wing between the joiners
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2009, 11:07 AM
Menifee, ca
Joined Nov 2008
35 Posts
New D/S SPOT

Recently been flying this new Hill,Been up there three times now and haven't been disappointed yet ! went up there yesterday around 1:00 and flew until dark, Definitely a foam D/S Hill.
This hill definitely works with wind out of the South and will be real nice on those days when the wind is blowing out of the North.

Flew up there last week with Chris, Jimmy, John , We all got some nice circuits in.Did get video of Chris flying his Bird and his JW-60 will post soon.
NICK WORTHEN is offline Find More Posts by NICK WORTHEN
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2009, 11:16 AM
Is it DS'able?
wr_mizzard's Avatar
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK WORTHEN View Post
Recently been flying this new Hill,Been up there three times now and haven't been disappointed yet ! went up there yesterday around 1:00 and flew until dark, Definitely a foam D/S Hill.
This hill definitely works with wind out of the South and will be real nice on those days when the wind is blowing out of the North.

Flew up there last week with Chris, Jimmy, John , We all got some nice circuits in.Did get video of Chris flying his Bird and his JW-60 will post soon.

Uhhhh, where is it?

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2009, 11:34 AM
Semper Fidelis
Big Gas's Avatar
USA, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Jul 2005
1,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK WORTHEN View Post
Recently been flying this new Hill,Been up there three times now and haven't been disappointed yet ! went up there yesterday around 1:00 and flew until dark, Definitely a foam D/S Hill.
This hill definitely works with wind out of the South and will be real nice on those days when the wind is blowing out of the North.

Flew up there last week with Chris, Jimmy, John , We all got some nice circuits in.Did get video of Chris flying his Bird and his JW-60 will post soon.
Yeah, more details.
I work right there in Menifee, I'm interested.
Big Gas is offline Find More Posts by Big Gas
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2009, 12:41 PM
Registered User
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gas View Post
Yeah, more details.
I work right there in Menifee, I'm interested.
Come on Nick Spill the beans. I hav'nt DS'ed in weeks. Then again I have'nt had much more than a couple hours to spare.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multicopter News
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2009, 03:00 PM
WINDEPENDENT
slopepilot's Avatar
United States, CA, Beaumont
Joined Dec 2007
3,224 Posts
sounds like the bump

you talking about 'the bump'...it too takes a south wind and also is DSable...there is another hill south of the bump Ive been eyeballin, but have not yet expolred
SAY IT !!!! SAY IT!!!! ie, sam kinison in back to school
slopepilot is offline Find More Posts by slopepilot
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2009, 04:17 PM
Menifee, ca
Joined Nov 2008
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopepilot View Post
you talking about 'the bump'...it too takes a south wind and also is DSable...there is another hill south of the bump Ive been eyeballin, but have not yet expolred
SAY IT !!!! SAY IT!!!! ie, sam kinison in back to school

No It's not the Bump!!! I've flew there many times in the past.Heres some pictures of last weekend,Pictures don't do any justice,will post some video soon.
Iv'e been told to keep this (site) under the radar!! Joking!!
NICK WORTHEN is offline Find More Posts by NICK WORTHEN
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2009, 04:33 PM
WINDEPENDENT
slopepilot's Avatar
United States, CA, Beaumont
Joined Dec 2007
3,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK WORTHEN View Post
No It's not the Bump!!! I've flew there many times in the past.Heres some pictures of last weekend,Pictures don't do any justice,will post some video soon.
Iv'e been told to keep this (site) under the radar!! Joking!!
south of the bump?...in pic 21 is that the bump in the distance?

let the cat out of the bag...in a PM perhaps?
slopepilot is offline Find More Posts by slopepilot
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools