HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:17 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,264 Posts
Another one bites the dust!

Welcome to the Amateur DS Junkie crew Dave... now you're never going to have the time to help Dave finish those P40's 'cause you'll be jonesing to go DS!
Sounds like it was good times up there this weekend... I put the DS'ng down for the weekend though to pursue my other favorite hobby. Surfed out at Santa Cruz Island on Saturday and dealt with the throng at Rincon on Sunday. Great waves and great conditions... now where am I going to DS today

-James
wondering if DS'ng can be taken intravenously
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2009, 02:54 PM
In speed lies safety
USA
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
I drove to Rincon both Sat and Sun but wrote it off when I calculated upwards of 500 people on the point for the contest. I have never seen that many cars there. This is one of the worst winters for waves I can remember. Good thing the wind has been cranking
Aerogance is online now Find More Posts by Aerogance
Old Jan 19, 2009, 03:45 PM
Flying Kiwi
Wellington, NZ
Joined Apr 2005
798 Posts
Haha...you should be here ! 6ft perfect...5 guys out and a DS hill right by the break ! [oops now they will all be wanting one]
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
Old Jan 19, 2009, 07:48 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
now you're never going to have the time to help Dave finish those P40's 'cause you'll be jonesing to go DS!

-James
wondering if DS'ng can be taken intravenously
Very true James and thanks for the warm welcome.

Dave
DWA is online now Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2009, 01:06 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Dave welcome to ADSJ's. You are definetly a nature ds'er. Picked it up right away, and were right in the fur ball along withNick Jimmy and I (Oh yeah and Marty coming in and out with his Radian. Good times. We were really blessed since when we got there the wind was dead, but Nick charged down the ridge as the wind felt like it was picking up, and sure enough it blew until it was to dark to fly. It sure was great fun flying with everyone. I sure did need that it.

Booma, Perfect uncrowded surf break with a dsing hill in one place. Your killing me. Sounds awesome. Actually, glad to hear you are so blessed down there. Post some pics or vids so we can all live vicariously throw you.

Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:24 PM
Is it DS'able?
Joined Feb 2007
2,264 Posts
Here's my bit of DS'ng on the holiday weekend... new spot out east by Boulder Oaks, a bit of a hike and nothing but a hope and a prayer for landing, but really cool place. I'm calling it, "The Narrows"

The Narrows, DS Acro (4 min 29 sec)

-James
ADSJ
Old Jan 21, 2009, 06:36 PM
USA, CT, Fairfield
Joined Jul 2004
2,600 Posts
Nice flying and filming helmet cam type video. Do you have a picture of your rig?
Sleedo is offline Find More Posts by Sleedo
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:01 PM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
672 Posts
Nice Vid James, looks like fun. Hope the Blast made it home in one piece.

Mark
Mark Canfield is online now Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:40 PM
Sky Surfers
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,443 Posts
Very nice vid

Did the centre fin on the first wing (which model?) help it track as well as it appeared to?

Pete
-=RCpeterV=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:36 PM
Is it DS'able?
Joined Feb 2007
2,264 Posts
Thanks guys... I had alot of footage to whittle down for this one.

Sleedo: The "helmet cam" is nothing more than one of the HD Aiptek cams held onto my head with a couple of rubber bands... constant adjusting assures I get things in frame since I can't see the screen on the side of my head. Note to self, get bigger rubber bands... my head hurt after a while.

Mark: The Blast made it home with no more than a microscopic scratch on a leading edge . Fortunately, with the flaps I was able to slow it down enough to splash down in some of the scrub after diving down deep on the frontside and crabbing up to the lip... still, it did a cartwheel off the chaparell and I found it leaning against a rock. I reccomend everybody gets a Blast... if not for their super cool looks and fast DS speeds, at least for their robust build.

RCpeterV: The center fin DID help the "Prairie Dog" track much better than with the winglets alone. I copied Dominic "screamin' eagle" from his post in the Prairie Dog thread after he described the diminished "wag" with the center fin.

-James
DS acro addict
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:52 AM
Del Mar California
Joined Mar 2007
205 Posts
Gread Vid James, where is that place? looks really fun!

James 2
jduartep is offline Find More Posts by jduartep
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:24 AM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
Excellent everything really James.

Footage, maneuvers, and what a cool place!!! I just love going on a hike and whipping it out in some obscene spot like that, then going big! Nice job with the head mount cam too! I have the auto focus version and I think "auto out of focus" describes it best. . . .I'll post some of it one of theses days. I have bits of focused action from Jones Pass that is entertaining.
Anyway, impressive stuff, I'm glad to see more DS acrobats!
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator
Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:23 PM
Sky Surfers
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
Thanks guys... I had alot of footage to whittle down for this one.

Sleedo: The "helmet cam" is nothing more than one of the HD Aiptek cams held onto my head with a couple of rubber bands... constant adjusting assures I get things in frame since I can't see the screen on the side of my head. Note to self, get bigger rubber bands... my head hurt after a while.

-James
DS acro addict
dawsonh has a pretty cool "helmet cam" set up.

Pete
-=RCpeterV=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:55 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
James, ADSJ Board Member, great video (as always), but even better flying!

Lots of great thoughts going through my head watching it:

Look at the Parrie Dog go
Wow that center fin is working well
Where the hell is that place
He probably hike farther than I want to to get there
Dude look at the acro moves, sweet
Those rock sure look cool to fly around
Damn that brush looks like a bitch to get your plane though
What a great ridge to open up both ways on
What now he's dsing the other side. SA winds can be cool
Did he really bounce off the rock or was it just the sound effects in the song
Oh look at the blast
What a great plane

Classic Wr Mizzard!
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:31 AM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot
Dave welcome to ADSJ's. You are definetly a nature ds'er. Picked it up right away, and were right in the fur ball along withNick Jimmy and I (Oh yeah and Marty coming in and out with his Radian. Good times. We were really blessed since when we got there the wind was dead, but Nick charged down the ridge as the wind felt like it was picking up, and sure enough it blew until it was to dark to fly. It sure was great fun flying with everyone. I sure did need that it.

Booma, Perfect uncrowded surf break with a dsing hill in one place. Your killing me. Sounds awesome. Actually, glad to hear you are so blessed down there. Post some pics or vids so we can all live vicariously throw you.

Chris
Thanks Chris

It was a fun day and I am looking forward to next time.

Dave
DWA is online now Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member