HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2009, 04:20 PM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Cornwall, UK
Joined Sep 2006
2,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexosex
I thought it would be good for us to both use it but now think its a bit confusing!

What ye say ste!
I think its cool
Thepasty is offline Find More Posts by Thepasty
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:15 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Mark your video of Nate's Ridge is awesome. Way better then you lead on yesterday. Great job putting it all together. Robin did an awesome job videoing from her little camera. So amazing the flying we got on such a calm day with the wind coming so many directions. Can't wait to see how it comes alive with real wind.

James those photos are great of such a fun time up at Yellow Rock yesterday. The moonrise / sunset combo sure did put the cherry on top of the day.

Paul, Greg and I had an awesome time today dsing another new spot off a finger ridge at Lake Elsinore today to top it all off. Greg sorry I didn't get the video up yet. I was wiped out from all the hiking this weekend. I got some great footage of you and Paul testing the backside and I got your acro session down at the main location. I accidently got my on/off switch backwards and started filming my feet and turning the camera off when filming your high speed curcuits at the end when the wind picked up. Really bummed because those curcuits were smoking. Anyway, there is still some really cool video, and I will get it up for us tomorrow night when I get home. Sure was a blast flying with you today and finding such a great new spot, especially with the santa ana winds. Can't wait to see what it does when it really blows hard.

Wow, three new dsing sights found in the past couple weeks. Way to go guys. It sure has been fun joining everyone in the exploration.

Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:31 AM
Sky Surfers
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,444 Posts
Well done.

New spots are always rewarding .

Pete in Idaho
-=RCpeterV=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:18 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Promised video of this weekend's exploration.

Saturday we went to Yellow Rock after the AMA convension. It is a place Greg found by his house and mentioned last summer to Mark, so with the Santa Ana winds Mark remembered it and we met up with James and his wife and did our thing figuring out the groves and having fun. Wr Mizzard joined us later in the evening. Only got a couple videos since I was to busy flying.

MARK DSING YELLOW ROCK WITH WING (0 min 16 sec)

MARK DSING GULP AT YELLOW ROCK (0 min 31 sec)

Oh yeah we named it Yellow Rock after James left yellow paint on a rock he used to land with after dsing his mini blade. The rock one snapping off the nose of his plane.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:35 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Sunday I met up with Greg and Paul to join them to go up to Norco. We were right by Elsinore and Paul had flown some spots up there. I had scoped it out the day we got kicked off of Norco by the cops a month ago. I had seen a nice finger ridge that looked promising with a north east wind. So we decided to go up there before Norco. Paul stop at the same place I had scoped out which he had done some road side dsing before. The wind was coming in straight east at that time so we had fun doing some roadside curcuit for awhile. The wind started blowing more north, so we went out to the ridge and did some fun laps at the top. Paul and Greg were flying all over the place. Paul took off for family stuff, and Greg and I hiked down to the main saddle. It was awesome, especially when the wind would pick up. Tons of frontside lift and really smooth deep backside. Wind just wasn't real strong to see what the place is really made of. Can't wait to score it when the wind is really strong.

PAUL ROADSIDE DSING ELSINORE (0 min 17 sec)

PAUL ACRO DSING ELSINORE (0 min 55 sec)

GREG AND PAUL DSING ELSINORE TOP (1 min 16 sec)

GREG DSING GULP TOP OF ELSINORE (0 min 47 sec)

GREG SMOOTH ACRO DSING ELSINORE MAIN SPOT (2 min 16 sec)

GREG HIGH SPEED DSING ELSINORE (0 min 21 sec)

Sorry Greg I pressed the record button off, and on when I stopped videoing
Last edited by quadshot; Jan 13, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:36 AM
BEX
South Africa
Joined Sep 2007
607 Posts
I love the videos , thanks guys .
BEX is offline Find More Posts by BEX
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:31 AM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
SWEET!
Nice job on the cam Chris, those were nice! and Greg looks like you'll be the DS acro master of the ADSJ's, nice job!
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator
Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:48 PM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Cornwall, UK
Joined Sep 2006
2,459 Posts
Nice vids... I got ridge envy
Thepasty is offline Find More Posts by Thepasty
Old Jan 14, 2009, 01:42 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Thanks guys, wind was not strong enough for any PB's but great exploring and fun flying especially with all the ADSJ bros. Can't wait to see how these new spots work with more wind and dialing in the grooves better.

Good weekend of dsing sure helps get through a tough week of work. Looking forward to next weekend already.

Chris
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:07 AM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
That part should be TONS of fun. I saw many places in the videos where more DSing could happen. I'd take a spin right behind where that HG was hang'in during preflight. Looks like skills are growing too. SWEET!
I had one of my best acro days ever yesterday myself, spine tingling fun FOR SURE!
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:01 PM
Should it be doing that?
Riverside, CA
Joined Mar 2001
295 Posts
Chris ... I found your thread!
When I have time, I'll read through.

I'm heading out for some thermaling with that Radian and then flying the helis.

Have a great weekend!
brianchristie is offline Find More Posts by brianchristie
Old Jan 17, 2009, 06:37 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Hey Brian, glad you found my DSing world. I am about to go out and buy a Radian right now I think. These light Santa Ana's are a real bummer this weekend for dsing. Oh well better than work! Hope you had fun today thermaling and heli flying.

Chris
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:22 AM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
A new DSer is born. Well I finally came on over to the dark side today and I loved it

I found the new DS spot at Lake Elsinore and it just so happened there were 4 guys DSing wings at the new spot and the wind was hitting just right. So I grabbed my LEG Airacobra walked down the trail and joined them. Flew the front side for a while then I went on over to the dark side and did my first ever DSing. It was very cool. I will still front side but I am definitely going to be doing a lot more DSing. I am hooked!!!!!! I was DSing with my Airacobra and a wing that they let me use. I liked the wing better for DS, Airacobra didnít seem to have enough elevator throw.
I think the wing was an E-Slayer. It had the triple spar.
I noticed I was kind of tired when I got home, DS seems to take a bit more concentration when you are trying to stay in the grove. I love it!!!
It was a pleasure meeting you and flying with you Chris (Quadshot) and your friends.

Dave
A new DS junkie.
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:35 AM
Menifee, ca
Joined Nov 2008
35 Posts
Chris: Thanks for the New DS spot !!! you guys found last week at ELSINORE !!
Had a blast flying with you and Marty,Jimmy,Dave Got a nice 2-3 hours of flying/circuits In.
Definitely a new place to fly when the wind is blowing out of the (North)North/East.

Hey that guy that showed up there Dave ! I'm sure all he thinking about is Dsing next weekend!! Dsing is so addicting.

Thanks Nick

(Rebel Awsome DS wing Thanks Predator)
NICK WORTHEN is offline Find More Posts by NICK WORTHEN
Last edited by NICK WORTHEN; Jan 19, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:43 AM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
That I am Nick.

Dave
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member