HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2009, 02:01 PM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Cornwall, UK
Joined Sep 2006
2,459 Posts
Oh dear I can see this Shakin Stevens thing sticking! I'll have to bribe Hexo not to let on to the other guys.

Steve
Thepasty is offline Find More Posts by Thepasty
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2009, 06:46 AM
Cornwall, UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty
Oh dear I can see this Shakin Stevens thing sticking! I'll have to bribe Hexo not to let on to the other guys.

Steve
Heeheeheh, How much
Hexosex is offline Find More Posts by Hexosex
Old Jan 10, 2009, 04:33 PM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Cornwall, UK
Joined Sep 2006
2,459 Posts
Whats going on guys? not getting out flying much?

I had a good day down one of our smaller sites, the wind was steady with a clean sheer and smooth darkside... Ideal for tinkering with with rates/expo etc... I thought the site might be too small for the Dub but yet again it shone.

I put together a very short vid for my own records... its mainly me pulling silly faces

Steve DSing JW60 at Meers, 16mph winds (1 min 18 sec)

Steve
Old Jan 10, 2009, 06:59 PM
Put in all the lead
Devon, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,590 Posts
Great flying Steve!

LMAO!

Steve
n-tropic is offline Find More Posts by n-tropic
Old Jan 10, 2009, 09:53 PM
No time to not fly.
USA
Joined Sep 2008
2,495 Posts
Thepasty is the UK version of Ray Gross! Great job searching out new sites and shooting video of your discoveries. Nice JW, looks like she is working sweet.

Aaron
Aerogance is offline Find More Posts by Aerogance
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:15 AM
Joined Apr 2007
543 Posts
Hey, steve the JW is loving that little groove. That ugly guys face could use a little work though :O) Just kidding I love your personal cameos in your videos.

My friends greg and mark scouted out a new dsing spot that we took advantage of today, and had a blast. 20-30 mph winds at a new spot finding the best grooves. Frontside wind was a bit switchy, but the backside was fun and smooth. The great thing is that it works well with our east winds that are the strongest but the rarest. Only a couple places work well in these winds that are all a couple hours drive. This spot is a bit closer of a drive, rocky 4x4 road, and a little hike, but we had a blast, and fun searching and flying a new place.

Looks like the local ADSJ's were at all the east wind spots. Greg and Paul up at Norco, and Nick and Jimmy up at Parker. Way to represent guys.

Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jan 11, 2009, 01:40 AM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Cornwall, UK
Joined Sep 2006
2,459 Posts
Thanks Steve, I'm finding that spending more time getting my planes set-up right rather than just dealing with it at the sticks is helping a great deal... its common sense I know but something I never spend enough time or effort doing and in DS it makes a big difference... I've now realised that.

Hey Chris! Good to hear you guys are still on it! I suppose you've been DSing a while now so you're moving away from amateur status

By the way, for some reason you tube has messed with the quality of that vid I uploaded if you watch it in the normal quality setting, but if you hit the high quality link it doesnt take any longer to load and the quality is pretty good.

In the world of broadband I dont know why they dont have it default to high quality... I've got a third party hack that sets high quality as default... I can share the luv if anyones interested.

As for me getting in camera on my vids, too many videos out there are just flying, yes this hobby is about flying buts its also about the people doing the flying... I'd like to see more of a personal touch in other peoples vids too.

Steve
Last edited by Thepasty; Jan 11, 2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 01:49 AM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot
Hey, steve the JW is loving that little groove. That ugly guys face could use a little work though :O) Just kidding I love your personal cameos in your videos.

My friends greg and mark scouted out a new dsing spot that we took advantage of today, and had a blast. 20-30 mph winds at a new spot finding the best grooves. Frontside wind was a bit switchy, but the backside was fun and smooth. The great thing is that it works well with our east winds that are the strongest but the rarest. Only a couple places work well in these winds that are all a couple hours drive. This spot is a bit closer of a drive, rocky 4x4 road, and a little hike, but we had a blast, and fun searching and flying a new place.

Looks like the local ADSJ's were at all the east wind spots. Greg and Paul up at Norco, and Nick and Jimmy up at Parker. Way to represent guys.

Chris
Chris did you guys go to the Hemet spot? I didnt get out from the trailer place till about 4 pm so it was too late to meet you guys.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEG 60 inch P-39 Repaint
Old Jan 11, 2009, 09:36 AM
Cornwall, UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepasty
Thanks Steve, I'm finding that spending more time getting my planes set-up right rather than just dealing with it at the sticks is helping a great deal... its common sense I know but something I never spend enough time or effort doing and in DS it makes a big difference... I've now realised that.

Hey Chris! Good to hear you guys are still on it! I suppose you've been DSing a while now so you're moving away from amateur status

By the way, for some reason you tube has messed with the quality of that vid I uploaded if you watch it in the normal quality setting, but if you hit the high quality link it doesnt take any longer to load and the quality is pretty good.

In the world of broadband I dont know why they dont have it default to high quality... I've got a third party hack that sets high quality as default... I can share the luv if anyones interested.

As for me getting in camera on my vids, too many videos out there are just flying, yes this hobby is about flying buts its also about the people doing the flying... I'd like to see more of a personal touch in other peoples vids too.

Steve
If you log into youtube and goto the setting you can set high quality as default now!

They dont do that as default as youtube itself would crawl to a stop!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 01:12 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,233 Posts
Thanks Mark, Chris, James #2 (and his beautiful wife) for inviting Tony and I up to "Yellow Rock"
We had a great time DS'ng (Tony will get it one of these days) and, man, I bet that place has some good speeds in it.
It was amazing how the wind went from 20+ to 0mph in a matter of seconds though. One second I was ripping around the backside, the other I was scratching to get back up to the road for a landing

Mark had the Gulp double "whump'ing" on the backside, James #2 literally "left his mark" and Chris was beaming like it was christmas again

...and how about that moonrise/sunset??? That was worth the drive alone

-James
GO CHARGERS!
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jan 11, 2009, 01:19 PM
Sky Surfers
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,356 Posts
OK....who got the "Team Monkey" avatar up first ? Me thinks I soar it on Steve's page awhile back......hmm...... .

Pete in Idaho wondering who will show the colours next...
-=RCpeterV=- is online now Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Old Jan 11, 2009, 01:45 PM
Cornwall, UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,089 Posts
I thought it would be good for us to both use it but now think its a bit confusing!

What ye say ste!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 02:03 PM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
658 Posts
Nates Ridge

A new find out near Palomar Mountain. Looks promising. Need to get it on solid West.

Enjoy,
Mark

Nates Ridge (3 min 41 sec)
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
Old Jan 11, 2009, 02:04 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,864 Posts
This is a cool thread...

Long ago I made a small plane.. about a 30 inch span from a crashed Enigma DLG. It as a small little plane but behind the dams here in Tx it woudl get going so fast in such a small circle it was difficult to follow... The RPM's were amazing..

That might be something fun for y'all to try out there.. See Who can do the MOST circles in say a 1 min period.

A light clean airplane that turns really fast and a Good pilot will be the things needed to do say 120+ circuits in a minute.... Not at all impossible
AustinTatious is online now Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Jan 11, 2009, 03:16 PM
Fly fast, Dont crash.
Cornwall, UK
Joined Sep 2006
2,459 Posts
Nice vid freeglide, I like the pic at the start where you're stood together but all looking in different directions....

Makes me long for our summer to come around again... only 4 months to go

Steve