HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot

Surf and Turf day!

Let us all know how the day was.

Chris

Slide n Glide was fun today, first HB surf, double swell, a little onshore early, so Temple Hill,, fun fun... Lots o wind.

chris
daboz is offline Find More Posts by daboz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:35 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Just got back and cleaned off the Poway dust.

Had a good time today. Met up with James, Chris, Mark and Mike. Mr Robert was just leaving as I got there and another guy left when I showed up. Not much wind but fun enough.

Chris' bungee is a hoot, radared at 73 mph on launch.

James P-51 DSed at 46 mph, HP did 50 or so.
Chris' Bird hit 73, Weasel hit 50, Mini Weasel 23, miniswift was too slow to radar.
Marks M60 was in the 60's, Mini Destiny DNF, Miniflow ???, Weasel 49.
All I brought was my race weasel and hit 50 mph my offical radared PB.

We must have set some records:

Fastest Foamie P-51, Fastest MiniWeasel, Miniswift and Miniflow DS speeds

and most Weasels on the backside at the same time.

Sorry I missed it... anybody interested in doing some DS tomorrow?

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:16 AM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,621 Posts
Robert did you fly the Fish???

James and Chris has some video that I'd like to see. Some with the bungee launches and some vid of a flock of weasels DSing.

Happy Father's Day
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:54 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Guys what a great day at Poway. Geez where to start?

First seeing James dial in dsing his halfpipe, so smooth and on track, really cool.

Then Mark with his M60, Wow I think the best ds curcuits of the day. Nonstop with great style.

Robert and his Skua was so awesome to watch. I was blown away how well it dsed. Also, Robert thanks so much for taking the time to download the 200 plus pictures your son took. There are some really awesome shots you posted.

Ray, what can I say? Showing up with the radar gun and showing us how to really ds a weasel. Took the fun level up 5 notches.

Then with the wind dieing off and weasel mania erupting. So much fun. Ray mark and myself trying to brake the 50mph barier all at the same time, what a blast.

And for myself, all my hard work this week paying off getting my weasel rebuilt and putting together a bungee cord. It was my first time ever bungee launching. Shooting that weasel up at an angle into the perfect ds dive in spot, and hearing all the hoots and giggles everytime I lauched that little sucker was the best.

The only problem is James broke my video camera (just kidding bro, you just noticed it was acting up), so I have all this great video, but can't get it off the camera, to share with everyone. :O(
I'll figure it out, just not right away. Sorry everyone.

Anyway, all you guys yesterday (Mark, James, Ray, Robert) are what inspired me to start this thread and I crown you founding members of the Amateur DS Junkies Club!

Lets keep the fun flying!

Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jun 15, 2008, 02:34 PM
San Diego North County
Del Mar
Joined Feb 2007
758 Posts
Chris,

Are you going out to Poway today? I am going out around 1pm

Robert, with out my son this time.
Mr. Robert is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Robert
Old Jun 15, 2008, 02:48 PM
Del Mar California
Joined Mar 2007
205 Posts
Chris,

I most say yesterday was great, I had a blast watching you guys trying to brake the 50 mile and hour record with the Weasel's!! and I have to say that if it wasn't for you I would never got into Ds'ing so you are to me of course the founder of the DS amateur junkies club!! keep it up Bro...(sorry about the camera)jajaja..
jduartep is offline Find More Posts by jduartep
Old Jun 15, 2008, 02:49 PM
Launching!
Chula Vista, CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,435 Posts
Bonus activity points.......

I'm guessing you get a bonus "activity point" if you find a rattler while looking for your plane!

Man, you and Bruno have me all freaked out with all this talk about rattlers.....and I'm an ex-zoner who grew up playing in the dessert

DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
How many "activity points" for picking up your plane from the backside... running from rattlesnakes?

-James
dc812 is offline Find More Posts by dc812
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Sirrocco LT
Old Jun 15, 2008, 03:03 PM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,634 Posts
Here is a classic day from last year

10-10-07 Eagle Mountain Sunset (2 min 58 sec)
deputybuzz is offline Find More Posts by deputybuzz
Old Jun 15, 2008, 03:07 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,621 Posts
Where is Eagle Mountain?
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2008, 04:10 PM
San Diego North County
Del Mar
Joined Feb 2007
758 Posts
Video

Trying to upload video

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...60#post9961771
Mr. Robert is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Robert
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:12 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Eagle Mountain looks awesome. I am guessing somewhere in Colorado? Too much grass and not enough rocks for California.

Can't wait to fly a big ds spot like that.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:19 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Robert the video is nice. The definition on the frames is sweet. I'm going to have to recover my planes if you keep taking video. It came through jumpy though. But it could be my quicktime software. when ever I open a file I comes up in 7 quicktime windows. If you get it on Youtube or Viemo, please repost I would love to see it smooth. I'm a bit bias since it is me flying )

Chris
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:41 AM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Well I chose not to DS today. I was planning just flying a couple hours this morning at my local spot (Dave's Beach), and then watch the US Open. Got to Dave's around 10 am and did not leave until sunset tonight. Great day at the beach, but still not the same anymore like yesterday DSing all day.

I actually was doing my last Weasel flight, and thinking it would be neat if I could hook my new bungee up to something when I looked over to the right and there was the perfect chunk of cement sticking up right on the edge of the cliff. The rest of the day was set bungee heaven with the weasel and the moth. Then one of the guys Dave broke into his little parts box and we hooked his Scrappy up with a hook. It lauched great. Then he rigged the rest of his planes and it just turned into a Bungeefest.

Anyway, I know this does not have anything directly to do with DSing. But I learned a lot about bungeeing, which was super cool to do yesterday at Poway when the frontside lift was weak and I was just bungeeing my weasel up into the perfect dive in spot every time. So anyway, I can't wait until September when we get our east winds to try and bungee and ds the frontside of the cliff at the beach! Actually, Mr Roberts idea that I have heard him mention a couple times before.

Anyone try to do this? Bungee and ds a spot that does not have a frontside lift zone (i.e. a slope site when the wind is going the other way). I bet Wr. Mizzard probably has video all ready of him doing just that :O)

Chris
Longer posts than Mr. Predetor!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:27 AM
Circle Jockey
A Sasquatch took my plane! Tujunga. Ca.
Joined May 2004
2,412 Posts
I have posted this a bunch of times already but maybe you guys didn't see it. We had this Mini JW launching over 130 mph on radar using a peddle launcher. The bungee was four parallel 20' lengths of heavy duty surgical tubing stretched way to far. Dangerous, but loads of fun while we were waiting for the wind to figure out which way it was going to blow.

Dean

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...64385621&hl=en
D.S. is offline Find More Posts by D.S.