HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:19 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
Here's the vids guys... we've got PSS, Easy Star, Colibri, Blast, all on the darkside as well as the beer bottle bowling and limbo. Enjoy!
Great video. What do you need the streamers for? Just get in there
and beat each other down. DS combat is one of the great joys in life.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Great video. What do you need the streamers for? Just get in there
and beat each other down. DS combat is one of the great joys in life.

ian
Glad you like the vid Ian...
The streamers, despite the drag chutes that they are, actually help to track the direction one's plane is going (helping newbies to stay in the groove) and they make for much more audible airplanes (great for dodging planes "inadvertently" aimed at your head while retreiving one's downed plane).

Your right Ian, DS combat IS one of life's great joys... in fact, if I may quote myself, during one of our recent outings I remember saying something like "...this (DS combat) is alot more fun than crashing composites!".

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:05 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
James #1 awesome vid!!! Captured the day perfectly and is what ADSJ'ing is all about. Dude your Blast ovals looked like you were at Parker or something! Very sweet, just be careful diving in by that road, couple passes looked Wisper close.

What a great time. Thanks for taking the time to put the video together for the great memories.

By the way Robert, my buddy will probably let you hav the DS EasyStar (in the video) for $600! It holds the current EasyStar DS record of 53mph by yours truly. PM me and I'm sure we can work out a deal

Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:35 AM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
667 Posts
Chris, is this Whisper close?
sorry for the reminder James STOP ME
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:50 AM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
You guys may need to change this thread title soon!

Always cool to see solid progress!

Try the CANNON BALL DS combat move. Your foe will have NO CHANCE to run if he's drifting along the front side and you FIRE your wing at them like a Cannon ball coming out of the groove. I like to toss in a high rate roll as impact becomes imminent!

Cheers, Karl
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:05 PM
Del Mar California
Joined Mar 2007
204 Posts
is all good james we just need another DS fix and we be ok, I flew the M60 for many Hour ohh I mean minutes! so am ok with that! now i know not to do it again.
jduartep is offline Find More Posts by jduartep
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:22 PM
Del Mar California
Joined Mar 2007
204 Posts
Where did you loose your plaine Robert? and by the way thanks for the pictures of my P51 Flying in Fermin that looks great
jduartep is offline Find More Posts by jduartep
Last edited by jduartep; Aug 20, 2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:05 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Yeap Mr. Freeglide that is exactly what Whisper Close means (and you have the pic of when the term was created!)

Predator, now I have to find a new stalling method to get behind the guy on my ds tail. I would hang of a second on the frontside of the circuit while the guy passes me and then dive in on his tail. Now when I stall he will "Cannon Ball" me when I slow down Actually, great tip, I will definitely put it in practice! Keep them coming!

Chris
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:34 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGlide
Chris, is this Whisper close?
sorry for the reminder James STOP ME

I suppose we could call it Wr-close... Whisper/Wr close. Thanks for posting the pic Mark, before I clicked on the picture I was like, "Whoa, what kinda' plank ship is that?" ...then I saw that it was me and the 3 piece fuse.

-James
proud inventor of Whisper Close
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:40 PM
Slope Stud
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,262 Posts
Went to BH today and the wind was great!

I had fun on the front side and did a little on the back side, I could not break 89 mph. I hit 89 once and lots in the 70's and only a handful in the 80's.
The wind was good and steady I just couldn't find my GROOVE.

Ray,
Let me know when you are available and will get the gun back to you.

Oranator
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2008, 03:05 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Hey All You Amateur Ds Junkies Out There. This Thread Just Broke The 10,000 Views Mark (in Just 72 Days)!!! That Puts Our Ranking As #7 As Highest Views In The Dynamic Soaring Section!!!

Way To Go Guys! I Knew There Were Alot Of US Out There That Haven't Ds'ed Over 200mph But Enjoy It Just For The Thrill!!!

A Few People Have Mentioned That It Would Be Cool To Have Some Amateur Ds Junkie Shirts Made. I Wanted To Wait Until We Hit The 10k Mark To Make Sure This Group Was For Real. Anyway, I Am Throwing It Out There For Your Thoughts And Artwork On Creating The Best AMDSJ Shirts. I Am Totally Nieve To What It Take To Make Shirts Like This And My Ds Obsession Has Left Me To Poor To Pay For Them Up Front, But This Is Everyones Thread, So Lets Get Some Ideas Out There.

Congradulation Everyone Around The World Who Loves This Type Of Flying, Keep Having Fun!

Chris
Last edited by quadshot; Aug 22, 2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 03:11 PM
Slope Stud
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,262 Posts
Chris,

I have a friend who owns a print shop and I can get shirts made cheap.

NOT cheap shirts..

Oranator
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2008, 05:09 PM
Sky Surfers
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,417 Posts
Good idea Chris .

Hanes "Beefy-T" or better. No wimpy Fruit of the Loom type.

My $.02

Pete
-=RCpeterV=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Old Aug 22, 2008, 05:58 PM
DS Will Change Your Life!
Parker Mtn / Valencia, CA
Joined Feb 2006
779 Posts
Sounds like you guys are having a ball with DS combat..I need to get in on that, havent done it awhile.

The shirt thing caught my eye, sounds like a good idea...

Anyway a friend and I just invested in some decent silk screen printing supplies in the last month or so...we have a shop and all. I would love to do the best possible price and still sick looking shirt.."Triple A" are decent quality shirts heavyweight syle and I have a pretty good connection on those through my supplier in LA fashion district..we just just got done with a 108 piece order. I just thought about it in the last week or making a shirt with some ds locations names, currents speeds...literaure, picure or whatever...but that would be cool to work with you guys, let me know if your friend doesnt doesnt work out Oranator.

Joe
_Sloper is offline Find More Posts by _Sloper
Old Aug 22, 2008, 06:06 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,359 Posts
I second the motion for shirts -- Make sure the large logo is on the back and s small logo is on the front. No pockets either...

Maybe hoodies for when it gets cold and thongs for the ladies.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multicopter News