HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 12, 2008, 01:35 AM
Registered User
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANATOR
Ray,

Give me a call tomorrow, I want to get the gun from you. I am going to go out on Wednesday to get some "alone" time with the darkside and I will be bringing my entire plane not just the fuse.

Oranator
Oran,

It hurts when you can DS does'nt it. Betty Ford has room waiting for you.

I'll drop the gun off at your place in the morning before I head to work.

Ray

Sorry I missed Sunday's meeting. Tell me you guy got vid of the Easystar DS.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:56 AM
Registered User
Del Mar California
Joined Mar 2007
204 Posts
Great fun this weekend! I know Chris I should of listen... next time you need to allow the gun on my M60 I want to see how fast can i get that thing going I made some good repairs and it looks like new! well it is new.. Mark like always doing the great figure 8'ts with the mini destiny. James sorry about your plane i know you will be able to repair it, remember you have the ways of the Darks side(Devil)...that was so much fun!
My hat off for you Dave, you are the new survivor man!! not only that thing is tiny but is also green and you still found it, well done sir. I do want to say that is the most expensive crapy hely i have ever seen.
let's keep the hill the way it is FUN!
jduartep is offline Find More Posts by jduartep
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:57 AM
Is it DS'able?
wr_mizzard's Avatar
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Oran,

It hurts when you can DS does'nt it. Betty Ford has room waiting for you.

I'll drop the gun off at your place in the morning before I head to work.

Ray

Sorry I missed Sunday's meeting. Tell me you guy got vid of the Easystar DS.

I DID get video of the easystar DSng, but I havn't even watched it yet. I'm sure it's gonna' have us rollin' on the floor. If I ever get time away from repairs and building I'll throw together all the footage of recent... including PSS DS, easystar DS, Dave vs. Wild, etc...

-James
trying to make the SSDC deadline
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:04 PM
Master of Flying Wings......
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
check out my plane!!!

wing

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!
flyingwing12 is offline Find More Posts by flyingwing12
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:08 PM
Slope Stud
ORANATOR's Avatar
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwing12
wing

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!

OK, But what does it have to due with this thread???
There is like 5 other forums that you should have posted this in..
I don't think it will DS very well.


Oranator
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:50 PM
Is it DS'able?
wr_mizzard's Avatar
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANATOR
OK, But what does it have to due with this thread???
There is like 5 other forums that you should have posted this in..
I don't think it will DS very well.


Oranator

I'm glad your delta wing flys, but I don't think it'll DS very well either... as Oran stated, I think you should find a thread that matches your tastes. (like the other two that you created and posted the video in).
As for your earlier post "finding the CG", you should write a script next time. I would count the number of times you said "umm?" but that would be a waste of my time. In fact, this reply is a waste of my time but your posts in this thread are far-to off topic for me to not say anything this time.

...and now back to our regularly scheduled ADSJ thread.

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:25 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
steve wenban's Avatar
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,379 Posts
Ok here's a newb question guys , at what point would you say is the fast point of the ciircuit to take the reading at ? from the video's it seems to be around the end of the circuit before poping over the top , would that be a fair assumption ? or is it coming out of the bottom turn ? .I Know the gun will keep the fastest reading but just wanted to get opinions on the circuit sweetspot so to speak
SteveW who wants to get it right
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,655 Posts
The fastest point in the circuit is actually entering the bottom turn
but it's a tough spot to get a good angle on the plane.
The reason it feels fastest coming up the back is only because
it's closer. If you've ever been around someone who fly the
circuit going in close, and out far at full speed, you'll see that
the entry speed feels even faster than exit when it's close up.

Radar angle is so important that most people gun the plane
coming out toward the pilot, simply because it's the one part of
the circuit that the pilot can control the most. After you
learn to DS fast circuits, you have to learn to DS fast circuits
pointed at the gun.

When I'm calling for someone else you'll hear this sort of thing.
"152... 160... 130 bad angle.. 150.. 149.. 120.. bad angle.. bad angle.. "
any time I don't see the plane pointed directly at me during
some part of the circuit. Sometimes you can change the radar location
to get an angle on the plane when it's otherwise flying a high line
but you usually need a saddle to do that. And if the radar is
too far from the pilot for the pilot to hear the numbers called out
then it's of less value.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:44 AM
Sky Surfers
-=RCpeterV=-'s Avatar
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,434 Posts
Hey flyingwing12

Try some of the threads in here for your posts. The 3rd and 6th down the list come to mind.

Good luck, Pete
-=RCpeterV=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:57 AM
Registered User
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,556 Posts
Where is the Easystar DS vid????


Who got stung by a bee Sunday???????
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2008, 02:56 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
steve wenban's Avatar
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
The fastest point in the circuit is actually entering the bottom turn
but it's a tough spot to get a good angle on the plane.
The reason it feels fastest coming up the back is only because
it's closer. If you've ever been around someone who fly the
circuit going in close, and out far at full speed, you'll see that
the entry speed feels even faster than exit when it's close up.

Radar angle is so important that most people gun the plane
coming out toward the pilot, simply because it's the one part of
the circuit that the pilot can control the most. After you
learn to DS fast circuits, you have to learn to DS fast circuits
pointed at the gun.

When I'm calling for someone else you'll hear this sort of thing.
"152... 160... 130 bad angle.. 150.. 149.. 120.. bad angle.. bad angle.. "
any time I don't see the plane pointed directly at me during
some part of the circuit. Sometimes you can change the radar location
to get an angle on the plane when it's otherwise flying a high line
but you usually need a saddle to do that. And if the radar is
too far from the pilot for the pilot to hear the numbers called out
then it's of less value.

ian
Thanks Ian ,
Ive got plenty circuits under my belt now but only once been on a gun and it was a dead air day but still managed 62mph gun position for us is not really a problem as the circuit naturally comes at the gun before hitting the layer and flicking back down . I guess it will be a run it up the pole and see if it waves type of effort . I know Ive got circuits fast enough to crack the fuse between the wing bolts on my Carbon bird but wouldnt even guess at how quick it was I know it happened in the circuit because I heard it go ,but we have the gun now so we will see how we go
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Last edited by steve wenban; Aug 13, 2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: corrected circuit count
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:23 AM
Registered User
Del Mar California
Joined Mar 2007
204 Posts
Ray, I got stung by two Bees man. I think they were sisters the first one came after me and miss my face by centimeters so she got stuck in my hair(you can see why that would happen) I still have the bump in my head, the other one saw me squessing her sister and came straight to y but man! it was funny.
jduartep is offline Find More Posts by jduartep
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:55 PM
Is it DS'able?
wr_mizzard's Avatar
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,260 Posts
I'll see if I can get the easy star vid up tonight Ray... it was the GF's Bday yesterday so planes and vids were off limits.
James, you and I both came away with insect bites, the ant bite on my knee swelled up pretty good and itched like a mo-fo for a day or two.
flyingwing12, sorry to vent at you for your video posts... didn't realize you were 14.

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 05:25 PM
Registered User
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,556 Posts
Anyone up in north county hear a sonic boom this afternoon?
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2008, 05:35 PM
Slope Stud
ORANATOR's Avatar
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Anyone up in north county hear a sonic boom this afternoon?

That was ME!

I think I am getting the hang of this DS thing.

Oranator
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools