HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2008, 12:51 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Alright everyone, I am getting tired dsing the new San Diego site all by myself the past couple days. It is so much more fun DSing with others. Sorry Mark, Ray and James (

It's actually no big secret. Mark, Ray, and I found out about it on this thread. It's Bill's hill. Mark, Ray, and I that took the trek and checked it out.

It is much more fun and less hassle than Poway (although I love Poway). Much better frontside lift, much deeper backside, and the most fun is DSing right over the road, so when you go down you don't have to hike up and down the hill and go trough all the bushes like Poway. It is a very forgiving ds spot with a huge open air space to dive into and play in. The flip side is you don't want to get stuffed at the bottom on the backside. It is 5 times the hike and greater odds of loosing your plane for good.

Here are the directions:

Removed directions out of respect for those that paved the way before us. Find someone that has had the pleasure of DS'ing it, and see if they will invite you to join them there.

So there you go everyone. This is on someone else's private property, so we want to respect the site, and not have to many cars up there. So car pool if you can. Also, since we are DSing around the cars, park at your own risk. Last Sunday we had 8 people and 5 cars and it was getting a bit crazy, and cars were getting hit.

So the secret/nonsecret is out. Come on out and have fun.

Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Last edited by quadshot; Jul 21, 2008 at 09:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2008, 01:14 PM
Sky Surfers
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,444 Posts
Amen to that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboz
this used to be a cool thread!

-=RCpeterV=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Old Jul 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Thanks, daboz for the encouragement and suggestions. I'm with you getting this tread back to the cool thread that it really is.

Thanks,
Chris
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
Slope Stud
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot
Thanks, daboz for the encouragement and suggestions. I'm with you getting this tread back to the cool thread that it really is.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,

I the most reliable and quickest way to make any thread cool, is to put a picture of Oran in it!

Oranator
Back too the "Coolness".
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:19 PM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,030 Posts
ya want ta put this hill on rcspeeds, if so let me know, name it, a pic or two...
daboz is offline Find More Posts by daboz
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:44 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANATOR
Chris,

I the most reliable and quickest way to make any thread cool, is to put a picture of Oran in it!

Oranator
Back too the "Coolness".
Especially when it's a precedent setting photo of Oran DS'ng!!

Just to set things straight... I cannot take credit for exposing this hill to the world of sloping because it was shared with me by some other fellow slopers sometime last year. I guess that when I visited the spot last year with those guys I posted some directions for visitors coming from out of town. I left those out there so those with the wherewithal could do their re-"search" and find it. Supposedly, it has been sloped for quite some time and has always been a "secret spot" that was supposed to stay low on the radar, hence the hush hush attitude as of late.
I think the jist of it all is that it's a precious site on private land and our use of it hangs on multiple factors, all of which we should understand using common sense.
It would be cool to see this hill on the RCspeeds website, as well as Poway or any other SD DS spot. I don't think exposing it to the world will create a bonanza of visitors as it takes some time and gas to get there, similar to most of our nice inland sites here in CA.
I thouroughly enjoyed my time up there with everybody last week... including launching into Mark's car, crashing my new blast, knocking planes out of the sky with ground to air missiles (aka rocks) and dodging the DS'ng foamies on retrieval. This is the kind'a stuff we need to be posting about in this thread.

-James
and his two pennies
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:45 AM
Terry Harner AREA-52
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined May 2007
593 Posts
Call it Bills Hill. Per Harris Nelson, that is the name of the spot. Tie your bungie off of the pole on the west side of the road. Stand on the lump on the East side of the road a tad down from the pole. I've watched the original Moth crew bungee off there and just crank DS laps. One time, at band camp, ...well at Bills... some dude showed up with a glass ship and told me to keep it secret. He ripped the place apart DSing figure 8s, and for the first time in my life, I hid behind my car.

The backside is going to be filled with garbage, as in LANDFILL because all of San Diego voted to allow it to happen.

At one time, yes, anyone who was shown was sworn to secrecy because they could gate the place off in a heartbeat. I've flown it a ton alone, and it is where I taught myself to DS.

I found the place on my own many years ago. When I talked to Harris about it, he told me it was Bills Hill, and it was a secret spot. I thought I discovered something on my own, but it was well known to very few.

I don't know what to think about it all. Maybe, because the land has been allocated for a landfill, it doesn't matter anymore.

It amazes me how fast a "secret spot" will become not so secret. I think it is one thing to take some friends up and show them. I think it is another thing to just advertise the place.

Like I said, at this point it may no longer matter.

But future "secret spots" may need to stay "secret"....
The End is offline Find More Posts by The End
Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:51 AM
Terry Harner AREA-52
Joined May 2007
593 Posts
Oran DSing....

WOW!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 04:02 AM
Aerobatics!
United States, CA, Big Bear Lake
Joined Nov 2007
2,494 Posts
Don't read this because it's "not cool"

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot
Alright everyone, I am getting tired dsing the new San Diego site all by myself the past couple days. It is so much more fun DSing with others. Sorry Mark, Ray and James (

Wait, what? You get mad at me because you thought that I posted information about the site, and then you do this like 24 hours later

Quote:
Justin, please stop. Geez. My post above was before I saw you at Oran's. I apologized to you directly, and I though we agreed to disagree, and called a truce.
The thing is, after you did that, I thought everything was "good." I figured my DS speed would be posted back on the first page of this topic, like it should be and you would back off. Then we'd forget about it and there wouldn't be any issues.
Quote:
Just let it go. Thats how us men deal with these things. Usually, it turns into a better friendship. So that is what I am offering you. You can accept that or not, But I'm not going to allow my thread to be hijacked by you over this.
You're not letting it go. Had you "let it go" my DS speed would be in the first post because like I said before there isn't any logical reason for it to be edited out.

Quote:
You can accept my apology or not. If not no big deal, you can start your own DSing thread and
Quote:
make your own friends
. This is my thread and my friends, The choice is yours.
You don't seem to understand, you never apologized for anything. You're still claiming ownership over things, and apparently, people too (

Now, maybe I'm understanding this wrong, Chris- but this sentence doesn't really make sense to me
Quote:

This is my thread and my friends, The choice is yours.
Would you mind explaining "The choice is yours" part of that sentence? I think this choice that you're talking about is as non-existent as the apology that you mentioned.

I really don't appreciate the idea that you think it's right to tell me something like "Make your own friends." It seems like you're speaking for "your" friends again- I'm pretty sure the conflict was between me and you.

It was made public because of what you put in your first post:

Quote:
So anyway, this thread is dedicated to all the amateur ds'ers out there who are not trying to fly 300 mph, and are thrilled just to dive into any backside no mater what the speed for the fun of the game.
or rather, was made public when you decided to take my speed out of the thread.

So Chris, it's "Your Choice", either put my speed up in the first post- I delete any of my negative posts and we're through with this, or you "ban me from the thread" because you're the BIGGER MAN

Sorry folks, young or not, I'm not about to be talked down to by someone who doesn't have a good reason to talk down to me.

Justin
JGAF is offline Find More Posts by JGAF
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:13 AM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,030 Posts
lame!
daboz is offline Find More Posts by daboz
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:00 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,471 Posts
:coffee:
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:24 AM
Slope Stud
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,278 Posts
Justin,

We have been friends for a while now and when I tell people who you are, I say he is a good guy/ good kid who just needs someone in his life to give him a hug when he deservs it and someone who will put a foot in his a$$ when he needs it too....
If you don't stop doing what you are doing, I am your friend and will do the later for you then give you a hug and try to explain to you why you needed it.

Please as I said to you face to face "let it go"

Please do not post in this thread again.
Please do not PM Chris again.

Your friend,
Oranator
now back to the "coolness"
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2008, 04:28 PM
Terry Harner AREA-52
Joined May 2007
593 Posts
Glad I have no idea what that is about...

So, back on track!

WOW, Oran DSing!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:25 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,267 Posts
...other memorable moments of our ADSJ holding court last week.

At the end of the day, one handed (other hand holding a beverage) lazy foamie DS circles/combat over the road...

Ray: "Sh$t! There's a BEE in my beverage!"
Everybody: "Chuckling"
Chris: "Did you drink your beverage?"
Ray: "Yes..."
Chris: "Then, more importantly, that would mean there's a bee in your MOUTH!"
Everybody: "Laughing"... a couple planes go down.
Ray: "Yah, it stung my lip!"
Everybody: "Laughing harder"... more planes go down.

...or something like that

-James
trying to restore the coolness
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:36 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Hey guys, I went ahead and edited the directions out of my post. Thanks The End and James for the history and insight. Totally want to respect the place and history.

On the flip side, this is going to be my new local dsing spot, and there is no way I can not stop talking about it, posting picture, and videos about it, since it is so much fun. But I figure talk, pics, and vids, still won't tell anyone how to actually get there.

As James just posted we had so much fun and last weekend with the San Diego chapter of the ADSJ's. He just forgot to mention how I laughed so hard, I blew beer out my nose onto my DX7 transmitter and shorted the buttons out.

Ah yes Oran dove into the backside, and it was GOOD! He was tearing it up with his Samari. He thought for sure he could rock 100mph, but we really didn't give him the opportunity. Plus the plane was so pretty I couldn't handle seeing it crash at 99mph )

Oran if your philosophy on DS'ing turns out to be true we can always start a DS addicts support thread to support each other in the recovery process.