HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:07 AM
Acton Ca.
Joined May 2007
239 Posts
Thats the one that got me hooked, I think you recommended that to me early on JOe, the mighty Wild Wing!
Parker Bob is offline Find More Posts by Parker Bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:09 AM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
Thanks Scott for the encouragement.
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:10 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Bob
Thats the one that got me hooked, I think you recommended that to me early on JOe, the mighty Wild Wing!
bang for the buck can not be beat... i built one with a new guy at parker ON the top of the hill while waiting for the wind to build .... took less than an hour, LOL.

JOe
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:18 AM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
Hey JOe that is classic. The Wild Wing! I help a guy at Daves beach convert his to a sloper and was so surprised how well it sloped the frontside, before I even tasted dsing. From your video that thing rocks the backside. I have an extra 20 in my pocket (thats about all so I am going to have to pick one up, and throw some old gear in her.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:35 AM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
664 Posts
Great thread Chris. Nice work on the videos too, they keep getting better.
Just about got the MD back on her feet, can't wait to get my fix Let's keep in touch for the weekend.

Mark
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:41 AM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
Big F3F and F3B's are my fav...

I like DSing my NYX and Stratos most... Not for Speed just for fun Acro stuff, 10-20mph wind speed and 75-150mph airplane speed. I think there is so much more to DS than just speed, way more...

Chris

Vid of the Nyx at Parker in 20 going one fifty or so...
daboz is offline Find More Posts by daboz
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:51 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,273 Posts
Same here. My Fazer F3J has more DS miles on it than any other
crunchie in my hangar, and it flutters somewhere around 100mph.
I was really getting to enjoy my Crossfire F3B at Weldon as a pure DS acro
plane and looked forward to DSing it at Jones Pass later this summer,
until the wind picked up to 25-30mph or so and it blew up in the air. Oh well.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:08 AM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
Rock on Homies!
I always LOVED the simpler cheaper side of this hobby mated with DS. Wacky planes doing cool and sometimes silly stuff.
Loved the PSS DS vid Wister Misard! Saw a Mig do that too once, WAY cool/SUREAL!
And many others, THANK-YOU Ameturs. Excellent IDEA. Now I have a place post!

Here's my BEST advice, find cheap performance ships, like JOe's wild wing, a Bee, or whatever can take a beating, then come back and KEEP you grinning some more! Huge BANG for the buck, next to NO break/heart break. The weasel seems to be a good one too from recent reports.
The speed thing IS AWESOME but, being new, being on a buget, and NOT living next to a WR site make this endevor is limited for me though extremely exciting fun & dangerous. . . .
I've never flown/seen a TRUE WR site myself, I think we may have one site that MIGHT be WR about <10 days a year since access is VERY limited to it due to snow.

I do not fly in a circle that much either. No Need, I've seen 110MPH LOTS and lots of times, the best our sites deliver consistantly. Watching a wing going 100MPH knife edge so low the wing tip is actually below bush top level come SCREAMING up the hill while rolling inverted to CHOP the bush tops off at the lip proper. . . and then see the ship just KEEP screaming along as the clippings come fluttering back to earth is EPIC! I had that happen recently and, I was tickled pink! I exploded that ship an hr. later going WAY TOO FAST on an early down wind turn/entry into cliff face. I think our site was delivering higher speed that day then is usual. It costed me about $35 and 4 hrs to replace the WHOLE build and one shattered servo. It was SOOO worth it! That is the life I hope for with my ships, a blaze of AWESOME glory! and little stress once it finds the ground. If you can perfect cheap easy quick perfomance builds of WHATEVER you'll be DSing to your heart's content and not chillen in front of the build table wondering what the DS homies are up to! and broke!
If you have money to burn on your beloved hobby, THAT'S a different story! Go BIG!
Either way, early on, with common diggers, get something that comes back for MORE just to make the most of ANY good day till you can sort of DECIDE when you want insane flight/crashing happening or NOT. Then fancy cruchie. I never grew out of the "crashing" phase and I only DS foamies. May have a bit to do with vast rock feilds for LZs too?
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:00 PM
Terry Harner AREA-52
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined May 2007
593 Posts
Poway is a blast.... it is a crack up to come up the path and drag a wingtip through some bushes and still pull it off.

I got to find the video of Pismo and I meeting right at the top....Whammoo

Hmmmm..... Whammoo sounds like two cows crashing...
The End is offline Find More Posts by The End
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:17 PM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
Here Here! Perfectly said Mr. Predator
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:21 PM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
Yeah Mr End. No better combo than Pismo and Poway.

It is so cool to be and the bottom of the hill, hear your wing going through the bushes, and pulling it off. (Especially knowing you are not going to have to walk down to the bottom to get your plane which usually happens when your plane makes a bush noise)
Old Jun 11, 2008, 04:43 PM
Del Mar California
Joined Mar 2007
204 Posts
I know! sometimes you even have to climb and roll to get your plane, but still is so much fun.
jduartep is offline Find More Posts by jduartep
Old Jun 11, 2008, 05:12 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,253 Posts
What PREDATOR said above... in pictures!

Photos from Joshua Tree National Park, June 7, 2008.
Hans Hombauer/Photographer
James Mueller/Pilot (still scared of snakes on the backside)

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:54 PM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
Hey james those are some plane eating bushes. Poway's cake compared to those things.

Flip flops, short, in the desert? I think you'll be ok with your rattle snake trama.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:25 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
i found an old video fo me dsing a handlaunch plane?... dont really know the purpose of it but its the Colibri-V from arthobby.com.... i'll post it later.

JOe
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill