SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 07, 2008, 01:46 AM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Daves Beach 7-6-08

I headed to daves beach around 5:30 and the wind was like 3 to 5 mph...not good..for flying wings I almost packed up and left but I waited as the waves were getting bigger and around 6 pm the wind kicked in and I am guessing 10 to 15 mph were hittin. Toss the raider and had some fun on the frontside..flew my adopted wing which is called zipper now and it was flying better than the raider..thats about till 7:30 and the wind died..I had fun for what it was.

Dave

Who is planning on going to poway next weekend?..The moth should be ready to go. I would like to at least 50 mph this time
radioglitch is offline Find More Posts by radioglitch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2008, 01:13 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,264 Posts
I flew Blossom yesterday... lots'a fun on the frontside with some big thermals and some smooth air. Then I took the "hike of fame" to the backside and had a blast DS'ng the Predator Bee, using the DS energy to whip it around the frontside for some fast VTPR and then back into the backside for some more energy.
Then I flew the 2M Whisper which was able to dive in deeper and further back for some big backside circles... I was able to fly some big figure eights on the backside and found that clockwise (entering down the hill and flying up the slot) was faster than the normal CCW circuits, probably got it up into the 80-90mph range on a few tight circles. Wish some of you guys coulda made it out there...

-James
got his fix for the weekend
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jul 07, 2008, 02:49 PM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
James

Sounds like you had a great time....I wish I could of been there instead of being "on call" incase an emergency at work comes up..If I was free I would of came up with you...

I can only be 15 mins away if on call ...I can make it to daves beach and back in 12 mins at 79 mph...

Dave
Old Jul 08, 2008, 07:08 PM
San Diego
Joined Mar 2003
2,314 Posts
Parker 7/5/08

Dan (dc812) and I headed up to Parker, and had the whole place to ourselves all day. Wind was light, maybe 15-20 mph until 5:00 and then settled into a silky smooth 5 mph 'till sunset. We flew Raiders, Turbos, a Super Scooter, a new JW 60,and a couple of homebrews. Great fun!

Parker7_5_08 (2 min 7 sec)
Ward Hagaman is online now Find More Posts by Ward Hagaman
Old Jul 08, 2008, 07:35 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Hagaman
Dan (dc812) and I headed up to Parker, and had the whole place to ourselves all day. Wind was light, maybe 15-20 mph until 5:00 and then settled into a silky smooth 5 mph 'till sunset. We flew Raiders, Turbos, a Super Scooter, a new JW 60,and a couple of homebrews. Great fun!

Looks like you guys had a great time Ward.

The DS Junkies need to plan a Parker Field Trip soon.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2008, 10:40 PM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Great video and the probe sounded killer DS'ing

Dave

[QUOTE=Ward Hagaman]Dan (dc812) and I headed up to Parker, and had the whole place to ourselves all day. Wind was light, maybe 15-20 mph until 5:00 and then settled into a silky smooth 5 mph 'till sunset. We flew Raiders, Turbos, a Super Scooter, a new JW 60,and a couple of homebrews. Great fun!
Old Jul 08, 2008, 10:42 PM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Vote me in Ray!!...sorry had the names mixed up lol (Chris!!) That is a nice location and no bushes to get cut up by like poway lol

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Looks like you guys had a great time Ward.

The DS Junkies need to plan a Parker Field Trip soon.
Last edited by radioglitch; Jul 09, 2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2008, 11:46 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Love the new DS videos!

Paul in CO great DS exploring video. Nothing like DSing a spot you found and seeing if it works. Looks like a fun score. Love the scenery as well.

Then theres Ward at Parker, getting it all to yourselves is sweet. Looks like good times were had by all!

Keep the videos coming.

Chris
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jul 09, 2008, 01:19 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,264 Posts
I still need to post the video I took a couple weeks ago at Poway of Alex with his Moth, Ward with his super scooter, and Chris with his carbon bird (?). My internet is down (neighbors went on vacation and turned off their wireless ) and I don't have so much time at work to post videos. I'll get them up when I can guys. Wish I had a helmet cam this past sunday at Blossom doing backside figure eights with the 2M Whisper... what a Blast (oh yah, I just bought one of those too )

-James
wr_mizzard is offline Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jul 09, 2008, 02:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Last edited by Arbo; Apr 14, 2011 at 06:02 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 09, 2008, 10:49 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
James I saw that you picked up that Blast. Sweet bird. That thing is really going to top off you DS quiver, especially seeing how well you are flying your new Wizard in your previous video. Can't wait to hear it sing. I hear you on the video. I have quite a bit to find time to edit and post.
Old Jul 09, 2008, 10:59 PM
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Paul, looking forward to seeing videos from your future ds explorations. It's good to have friends with 4x4's. I have a couple that are my best DS buddies. And actually, not just because they have the equipment to get there, they are just my favorite to fly with. Even if they did just blow my ds record out of the water last weekend. I was more stoke to see them do it then it was for me to post it.

You probably have more open access to the sites you want to explore there in CO than we do in CA. Alot of great hills here with roads to the top, just everything is gated off anymore. Not like the good old days when I was a kid around here and you could go anywhere offroad. Oh well we still have access to some of the best spots, for awhile at least. I may be joining you in CO in a few years when all our freedoms are taken away here.

Keep up the search!

Chris
Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:53 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,009 Posts
I bet that you find your Blast to be THE best flying plane you've ever flown!

Albeit small, it really is something special in how it flies.
Mike the Snake is offline Find More Posts by Mike the Snake
Old Jul 10, 2008, 06:02 PM
Original Jackass
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Headed up to Blossom now if anyone's interested.
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:04 AM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,633 Posts
2 new JW60's getting close to being finished

I made it to my favorite point of the build.
Can't wait to go trim these in. They are both very stiff and much heavier then I have ever built a JW before. Still a lot of work to do. Haven't covered the fuses or glassed the elvons. Plus my new futaba 10C and Rx haven't arrived. I'm excited to finally move some planes onto 2.4
deputybuzz is offline Find More Posts by deputybuzz
Last edited by deputybuzz; Jul 11, 2008 at 01:19 PM.