Old Jul 03, 2008, 08:03 PM
Original Jackass
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioglitch
Woot I got my moth today the box was by my door damn the y have fast service
Yeah the guy is right up there in Carlsbad so it was probably one day. Pretty sweet huh? Now get building! I bet if you have everything available to you you'll be able to finish it by Sunday.

There are a few different methods for covering the fuse. What I found to be the easiest, cheapest, and the quickest, was to goop the bare foam with several coats, strapping tape it, goop over that, then I used this stuff called PlastiDip. It's a spray on synthetic rubber coating that you can find at Home Depot for about $4-5. Super cheap and the bottle you get will be more than enough, so you have room for repairs should the need arise. After the Plasti-dip I put on one more coat of goop and it was done. Fairly light and very strong. If it rips or tears, rub it down with a little xylene/toluene and spray on some more. Works great.
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Old Jul 04, 2008, 01:07 AM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Thanks Gosta for the information on how you cover the moth

I picked up the servos tonight at hobby people...HS-65MG .....31.00 apiece...I am all set for building now...You guys have saved me from not buying the wrong servos as I hate having to dig them out when they bust lol

I am digging into the moth box and I have one of these on my face....

Dave
radioglitch is offline Find More Posts by radioglitch
Old Jul 04, 2008, 01:37 AM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,125 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Gosta for the information on how you cover the moth

I picked up the servos tonight at hobby people...HS-65MG .....31.00 apiece...I am all set for building now...You guys have saved me from not buying the wrong servos as I hate having to dig them out when they bust lol

I am digging into the moth box and I have one of these on my face....

Dave

Should have gotten HS85MGs.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEG 60 inch P-39 Repaint
Old Jul 04, 2008, 03:50 AM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Hobby people had only one HS85MG so I choose to use the 65's..Im sure hobby town had them...but they mark up everything they sell.

I use standard servos in my wings and have piled them many times into the ground as everyone has seen me do and have no problems. I think the HS65mg will work in the moth.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Should have gotten HS85MGs.
Old Jul 04, 2008, 09:55 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,001 Posts
You'll love those HS65mg's.
Mike the Snake is offline Find More Posts by Mike the Snake
Old Jul 04, 2008, 11:41 AM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
I hope so Mike lol....I feel confident they will hold...

Dave
Old Jul 04, 2008, 11:52 AM
Original Jackass
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
So what's everyone doing this weekend? Thinking of flying at all? If no one's heading out to Poway I'm going to hit up Blossom.
Old Jul 04, 2008, 12:18 PM
Terry Harner AREA-52
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined May 2007
592 Posts
I checked this place out a while back, with the bungee launch it has potential and it is very close to Daves Beach. Could work on Santa Ana too.

Go up Cannon then take the right up the hill where all those newer homes are, and wiggle your way to the Cul d Sac and park.
The End is offline Find More Posts by The End
Old Jul 05, 2008, 12:13 AM
Joined Apr 2007
543 Posts
Hey The End, I have flown at the end of the culda sac but never thought about going farther out on the road. Looks like great potential. Especially, something cooler during the summer than inland.

Probably not making Poway tomorrow, maybe Sunday we will have to see.
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jul 05, 2008, 12:22 AM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
I would like to try that site out chris it looks close to me...are you thinking of going there? sat?

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot
Hey The End, I have flown at the end of the culda sac but never thought about going farther out on the road. Looks like great potential. Especially, something cooler during the summer than inland.

Probably not making Poway tomorrow, maybe Sunday we will have to see.
Old Jul 05, 2008, 12:27 AM
Original Jackass
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Looks like I'll be going to Blossom then. I don't want to drive all the way up to Dave's Beach area. Too far.

Might be able to DS at Blossom a little bit, there's a small spot that's a short walk away from the rugs. James has some videos of him DSing at that spot. I tried it once with my Weasel looong ago but didn't have much success. My weasel didn't hold energy very well though.

Edit: Oh yea, I got the new receiver that James suggested me and it range checked to over 100 feet without glitching at all...good stuff!
Old Jul 05, 2008, 12:17 PM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Alex

Could you tell me what reciever you bought? I might buy a new one for the moth.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosta
Looks like I'll be going to Blossom then. I don't want to drive all the way up to Dave's Beach area. Too far.

Might be able to DS at Blossom a little bit, there's a small spot that's a short walk away from the rugs. James has some videos of him DSing at that spot. I tried it once with my Weasel looong ago but didn't have much success. My weasel didn't hold energy very well though.

Edit: Oh yea, I got the new receiver that James suggested me and it range checked to over 100 feet without glitching at all...good stuff!
Old Jul 05, 2008, 12:30 PM
Original Jackass
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Alex

Could you tell me what reciever you bought? I might buy a new one for the moth.

Dave
It's a Dymond D62011 (that's what i said on the box, couldn't find it on google or anything though). I bought it at Discount Hobby Warehouse over on Clairemont Mesa Blvd just off of Convoy St. $27 + $6 for a crystal (standard size).

I'm pretty sure it's like the only 6 ch dymond receiver that Discount Hobby Warehouse stocks.
Old Jul 05, 2008, 01:10 PM
Santa Rosa,CA
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Thanks Alex....I am glad you got a new reciever...last week or so you did not look to happy at poway...

Dave