2,021 Posts
Wind

Anyone spot any wind out there???
Indubitably is offline Find More Posts by Indubitably
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2008, 01:06 AM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
as far as I know poway is on for saturday. i'll check the wind tomorrow and see what it looks like out there.
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot
Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:19 AM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indubitably

Next Thursday at weldon is the best I see..

N
Jantar2A is offline Find More Posts by Jantar2A
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:25 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,266 Posts
Raw Uniedited Video

Quadshots Poway Video (39 min 7 sec)

Link to Chris's Video - Raw Uniedited Video.

Chris I'll get you a copy so you can edit. But for the mean time here is the vid.

Also the Weasels are about 14 mins into the vid. Note that the camera guy had a hard time following my weasel - its just a blurrrrr going by................

Ray
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ADSJ Parker 4th of July Trip
Old Jun 27, 2008, 01:00 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot
as far as I know poway is on for saturday. i'll check the wind tomorrow and see what it looks like out there.

"Hi, my name is James"

Well it turns out I'm not going anywhere this weekend so I'll plan on meeting you out at Poway this Saturday... as long as I can get some work done on the bench tonight.
Let's see, new elevons for the beeee... troubleshoot the mini-salto, replace a servo in the floh.... charge batteries. I think it can be done

If Poway's not working maybe we could go somewhere like Bill's Hill or the bump, or if we want to go south we could try something like the Grossmont college slope that Gosta was talking about or maybe even blossom... Hodges?

-James

remind me to pick up some streamers for some fun DS chasing/combat
wr_mizzard is online now Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jun 27, 2008, 01:27 PM
Original Jackass
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
I think I'll be fiddling with my plane and the CG with the tow hook on but other then that I am good to go for Poway. Looks like a fairly good sized get together too - should be pretty fun.

- Alex
Stoked.
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Old Jun 27, 2008, 03:23 PM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
ALL RIGHT, LOOKS LIKE POWAY TOMORROW! And 10-4 James on everything else you said. The wind is pushing 10 mph right now at 1pm (usually not till 3pm lately)! It does have a little south factor in it, so bring your bungy gear (I'll have the bungy). (coat hanger, pliers, strapping tape). When the wind is too west or south there can be a lot of frontside sruggle to get high enough for the dive in, but once going the dsing is great. So that is where the bungee really comes in up there. Launch into the perfect dive in spot and start your curciuts.

Oh I can't wait! Didn't get my DS fix last weekend, plus I just maidened my new (used) mini JW at Daves beach at lunch, and its a screamer. Should ber very DS friendly.

Anyway, back to work, so I can get off and get home and fix up my list of planes (like James) for tomorrow.

Chris

PS> James, don't forget the streamers!
Old Jun 27, 2008, 03:26 PM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
Oh Yeah Ray, thanks for posting the video!

Check it out everyone, to see all the fun we have at Poway!

The more the merrier!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:41 AM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,024 Posts
Quote:
Looked like Vincent was booming yesterday and if you can't stand the heat Grass sure would have been some fun flying...

Both Already look flyable today and should be very good.
daboz is offline Find More Posts by daboz
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:11 PM
Is it DS'able?
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Feb 2007
2,248 Posts
Here's a little inspiration to wet your appetite for today at Poway... my Weldon video!

Weldon-June 21, 2008 (3 min 27 sec)

-James
wr_mizzard is online now Find More Posts by wr_mizzard
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:43 PM
Original Jackass
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
headed out to poway now
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:51 PM
Original Jackass
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Just got back from Poway. Was forced to go home early because of radio problems, attributed to my Berg receiver (fairly sure). I will need to figure out a way to make $30 to go get a new receiver.

Hopefully it won't be too long...

The flying was awesome though. Had a blast DSing and I think I finally got the hang of it. It is definitely an addiction.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:52 PM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,021 Posts
Video

James, I want you to know that i really enjoyed watching your video. I even watched the Keys View video. And that looks like a great location. Any back to Keys view? And where is it?
Indubitably is offline Find More Posts by Indubitably
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:02 AM
Original Jackass
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Any back to Keys view? And where is it?
Key's View is in Joshua Tree National Park, just North East of Palm Springs in California. It's just over a 3 hour drive from San Diego.

It is in the desert so it's too hot to fly there during the summer. I'd say it's too far away to be worth it anyways.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:15 AM
Joined Apr 2007
583 Posts
Great day at Poway today everyone. We had decent frontside lift pretty much all day. Backside was a little bumpy at times, but great fun.

Gotsa found his groove and was flying some really great curcuits.

Mr. Roberts showed up with his box of goodies, and broke out the Shua. That thing loves the backside. But his Moth performances were amazing.

Wr Mizzard, then joined us and was making his Predator Bee do some remarkable DS circles especially with the bumpy conditions. Then he busted out the Flow (sp), and all I have to say is he is bringing goovy back, it was sweet on the darkside. Never did see the noodle/poodle/flying skateboard (or is it a snowboard) launch. Can't wait to see it fly.

James was there dsing his halfpipe with smooth moves like he always does.

And finally, radioglitch, was our desigated ds virgin, with his unknown flying wing. With learning how to DS with the hardest wing out there to do it with, his perserverance and flying skills paid off. By the end of the day, he was rockin these perfect little ds circles. It was amazing to watch.

And for me, my new/used mini JW was so sweet in the groove, until I pushed it so hard I snapped the wing and it went down in a tangled spiral of glory. It will definitely fly again, I just need to strengthen it so its not so old a brittle.

Great fun had by all. Definitely going back tomorrow. Especially, since I forgot and left my bungee on the slope. Hopefully, it will still be there tomorrow when I show up. Looks like the other DS Junkie founding members Mark and Ray will be up there as well (Ray with the radar gun!)

Chris