SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by gp125racer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 09, 2008, 01:42 AM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,917 Posts
Build Log
Alfa Wildcat

Paint:
Factory w/ Factory supplied decals!

Batteries:
3s 1350mah 10 - 15C

Reference Threads:
* http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524087

Build Log:
Build took 3 evenings, about 4 or 5 hours for me w/ decal application. Nothing too crazy, just read the instructions over a few times for each step before you take any action. Motor/Prop combo is pulling 83W after 20second run @ 7.2A. Burst on fresh pack was at 89W @ 8.1A
Day 1:
* Glue the motor mount insert into place
* Install motor mount after epoxy dried
* Adjust shaft length as needed per prop spacing from cowl .... a little too much but its the best I can do w/ this setup. I suspect the mpjet motor is a tad smaller
* Using small amount of glue, attach ESC to rear side of motor mount and glue wires to mount
* Attach prop and test rotation direction
* Install cowl and reinstall prop
Day 2:
* Paint prop (chalkboard spray paint w/ testors yellow)
* Install Elevator servo
* Install aileron servo
* Glue down elevator pushrod tubing
* Mount rx
* Verify throws, and travel direction
* Program tx
Day 3:
* Install battery tray
* Glue canopy into position
* Start application of decals
Flight #1 (maiden) Report:
Temp: 75F
Winds: Steady at 10 - 12kts
Notes:
Decided to have Paul toss her for me, @ about 1/2 throttle. Flew right out of his hands .... wonderful flyer. I did notice I needed a bit more throw on the elevator as I was having to use lots of up. Unfortunately I was involved in a midair collision which resulted in the total of my wildcat, and significant damage to an Eindecker. Sad Day, but all the other planes flew great .... it happens

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by gp125racer; Jan 04, 2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added details and pics
to remove ads between posts