HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2008, 07:19 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Discussion
3-4 ch easy flying Foamy suitable for light winds

I've got a B-less slow stick and will be building a 33" UC Blu-Baby as soon as my Cell foam arrives.

Next I'd like to build something that would handle light winds a little better than either of the above, as very calm days are a rarity where I am this time of year. I'm open to 3 or 4 channel, but if 4 ch it needs to be reasonably docile - something akin to an aileron trainer - or something that bounces pretty well.

I've only got access to Cell foam (Depron) at the moment, as I can't find any EPP here in Australia.

Any suggestions would be great!
blxpy is offline Find More Posts by blxpy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2008, 07:32 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,202 Posts
Stealth Sport...
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Jun 07, 2008, 08:05 AM
ST.LOUIS
Joined Aug 2006
1,999 Posts
Just my opinion from your post info. Seems your looking to get into ailerons? I had good luck with a flat wing for my slowstick. Check out the foamie kits section for slowstick mods.

Or heck just make a top and bottom kf step wing with ailerons. The slowstick makes a great aileron trainer and will hover etc... with the right brushless power. I can "fly" mine in a 10ft circle.
DRITCH is offline Find More Posts by DRITCH