HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by spinup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 05, 2009, 01:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
sticky sticky this
fcuk is offline Find More Posts by fcuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:12 AM
hover happy
over under
Joined Aug 2007
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuk View Post
sticky sticky this
This thread is already sticky.

And...it could probably use an update or two. Product development is moving more slowly these days, but still, there is a bit of new stuff.

So...does anyone have any new heli manual links or data that should be considered for the first post?

Happy holidays all.

-Jeff
spinup is offline Find More Posts by spinup
Old Jun 04, 2010, 02:54 AM
Joined Dec 2009
221 Posts
good post
flying lx is offline Find More Posts by flying lx
Old Mar 05, 2011, 07:53 AM
Michigan's U.P.
Joined Dec 2003
472 Posts
R/C Micro World

For the past year, I have been contributing articles on micro helis to R/C Micro World.

Former AMA president John Worth started this online magazine after the print version discontinued and has done a great job of reporting on this specialty area of our hobby. A recent issue is free for the browsing and an annual subscription is modestly priced.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RC-Micro-World/

Check out an issue to see if your appetite might be whetted:

www.co-op-plans.info/rcmw/rcmw-visitor.pdf

Here is the May issue, which includes the mCP article:

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/1116264995...66597b838783ac

This month's article is about the mCX Tandem Rescue. (An index to heli articles available is included at the end of each article.) Last month's article showed how to tame the mSR with the use of negative exponentials. (Dated, it's now May!)

Dick

Ps: the attached photos and cartoon should give you a flavor. The first tandem designed by Frank Piasecki, the father of the full scale Tandem Rescue, was called the flying banana, which begged the cartoon. The tale of the mSR includes a chapter where we learn that even indoor helis can be grabbed by trees!

PPs: the mCP MUST be added to this list! What an astounding piece of engineering. The May issue of RCMW has a full article with contributions from two VERY accomplished CP heli pilots (I am NOT one of them! But I do add my design for "training floats" which sure helped this fledging CP pilot.) I am up to 142 flights without breaking anything other than blade links since I added the training floats.

Update: The July issue of RCMW can be downloaded by joining the group. Last month's issue is available to review for no cost. In the July issue, I review the 120 SR and show readers how to make a very simple set of training floats! This is a great outdoors fixed pitch heli.
Dick Adams is offline Find More Posts by Dick Adams
Last edited by Dick Adams; Jul 03, 2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: July update
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:46 PM
RC Connectors dot com
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2008
1,142 Posts
Micro Heli Tail motor wires w/connector

Due to customer demand I now have the tail motor wires with connector available.

These work on the MCP-X and others that use a micro 2-pin male connector. (120SR? MSR? Not exactly sure, I'm not a heli guy.)

Available at RC-Connectors.com:

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=309

Your choice of either 26 or 28 gauge

Glenn
glenn2626 is offline Find More Posts by glenn2626
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Eye One amp usage
Old Apr 10, 2013, 07:12 AM
Certified Heli Addict
Joined Apr 2011
683 Posts
subscribed