HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by spinup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 07, 2008, 06:34 PM
Chef, Snowboarder, WEEEE!
Latham NY
Joined Apr 2007
276 Posts
SPinup, I got a Walkera 4G3, its instructions are missing an exploded parts diagram and assembly/part # list. is there one online somewhere ? i've been looking for an hour and can't find one.

ALSO the Firefox 100 has a smaller Head rotor blade size than the 200 Gaui, you may want to make note of it as it is different than a 200.
DaveESPI is offline Find More Posts by DaveESPI
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2008, 03:24 PM
hover happy
over under
Joined Aug 2007
1,140 Posts
1) I dunno. Maybe ask in the 4G3 thread? If you find a better 4G3 manual, please post the link here and I'll update it.

2) I don't have the Firefox 100 specs. If someone can post them here (along with a ref to where you found them), I'll add them to the lists above.

Thanks!
-Jeff
spinup is offline Find More Posts by spinup
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:41 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
I don't know why they are all missing from the Walkera manuals, but if you go to Walker.com's support board they have them posted there.

Let me see if I can find it again quick to post a link.

Hummm they have exploded view for most everything else but the 4G3.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Last edited by MakMov; Dec 23, 2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2009, 07:23 PM
Erk
All thumbs, no scents
Vallejo CA
Joined Nov 2005
597 Posts
As a new owner of a HoneyBee FP, I have to say there's just too much 411 for ease of access, even with the forum's search tools. If I was a patient sort, I'd figure out how to filter out all the outdated information, questions and commentaries to simplify. I know, I know, it's a monstrous task!

I"d like to add a request for this sticky, too: for those of us with computer radios, it would be nice to have a basic guide to programming. I'm "stuck" with a Futaba 8U non-super, and while I realize I won't need any of its abilities with a fixed pitch heli, it would be nice to have a reference for those of us with more gear than smarts.

Off to start a thread...
Erk is offline Find More Posts by Erk
Old Jan 05, 2009, 07:41 PM
Erk
All thumbs, no scents
Vallejo CA
Joined Nov 2005
597 Posts
But first... I found a post on setting up REVO mixing for separates and the 8U:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...73&postcount=7
Erk is offline Find More Posts by Erk
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:43 PM
hover happy
over under
Joined Aug 2007
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erk
As a new owner of a HoneyBee FP, I have to say there's just too much 411 for ease of access, even with the forum's search tools. If I was a patient sort, I'd figure out how to filter out all the outdated information, questions and commentaries to simplify. I know, I know, it's a monstrous task!
See post #26 above. eflightwiki has a very good HBFP page.

Quote:
I"d like to add a request for this sticky, too: for those of us with computer radios, it would be nice to have a basic guide to programming. I'm "stuck" with a Futaba 8U non-super, and while I realize I won't need any of its abilities with a fixed pitch heli, it would be nice to have a reference for those of us with more gear than smarts.
That would be nice, but the features and programming for each radio are different. Probably your best starting point is the manufacturer's manual, which you can download here: http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/notes-8u.html. If you search the Radios forum or google for something like "futaba 8u programming" you might find some other guides.

Jeff
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:35 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1 Posts
The link under "Other Resources" after LiPo battery guide is no longer avaliable. I have been able to find an archived copy of that page. The information has been saved to a word document which can be downloaded via this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?lgmlv2vs4bj
spikezxb is offline Find More Posts by spikezxb
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:07 PM
hover happy
over under
Joined Aug 2007
1,140 Posts
Thanks spike. I've replaced the old link with links to the "Battery University" site (lots of general battery info) and the fmadirect "Lipo Expo" (lots more info about lipos).

The link to Colin Mill's helicopter theory articles also stopped working, so I added links directly to these articles. These are a great read for anyone who wants to modify their heli. Especially the articles on servo geometry, flybar properties, and main blade construction.

-Jeff
Old Mar 13, 2009, 02:35 PM
hover happy
over under
Joined Aug 2007
1,140 Posts
Added Trex 250 and SRB Quark info.

If anyone has better links to the manuals for these helis, lemme know.

-Jeff
Old May 04, 2009, 03:34 PM
ivc
helixpteron
Japan, Osaka Prefecture, Osaka
Joined Aug 2008
30 Posts
spinup:

I received my T-Rex 250 Super Combo today, and scanned the fresh manual. It's the Feb.2009 revision includes the new tail (1x bearing, control arm washer), longer servo ball head, purple T22 threadlock, and a few added notes.

Also scanned the GP750 gyro instruction piece.

Both are scanned at 200 DPI and the PDF is created using JPEG high image compression. Zoom to 200% for the real resolution and details.

Downloads:
align-trex-250-supercombo-feb2009-manual.pdf (13.6 MB)
align-gp750-gyro-manual.pdf (1 MB)

Feel free to mirror those.
ivc is offline Find More Posts by ivc
Last edited by ivc; May 04, 2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old May 06, 2009, 06:13 PM
hover happy
over under
Joined Aug 2007
1,140 Posts
Cool...thanks for scanning the latest! I updated the Trex 250 manual link above. Now you just have to keep your website up forever. Haha.

If anyone wants the older manual, it was at: http://trexmad.co.uk/mag/images/down...0%20manual.pdf.

-Jeff
Old May 10, 2009, 03:24 PM
ivc
helixpteron
Japan, Osaka Prefecture, Osaka
Joined Aug 2008
30 Posts
Thanks spinup. No problem, I plan to keep it up.
ivc is offline Find More Posts by ivc
Old May 12, 2009, 11:14 AM
near Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Dec 2007
27 Posts
Kestrel 500SX

Hello Spinup,
very interesting and helpfull. Congratulations!
What about the micro FP Kestrel 500 SX from NineEagle.
www.nineeagle.com
With kindests regards and thanks
Pewe from switzerland
pewe is offline Find More Posts by pewe
Old May 15, 2009, 07:24 PM
hover happy
over under
Joined Aug 2007
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewe
What about the micro FP Kestrel 500 SX from NineEagle
I've seen a few posts from guys who sell this kit (or mods for it), but not much else...

Do you fly one?

What do you think about it?

Can you provide specs and manual?

Thanks!
-Jeff
Old May 16, 2009, 05:27 PM
near Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Dec 2007
27 Posts
Nine Eagle Kestrel 500 SX

Hello Spinup,
as I mentioned in my proposal you can get specifications, manual and pictures
on www.nineeagle.com
I am still studying the opportunity of having one. You will find a lot of comments and critics on this site (RC Groups) and mini-how to.
This heli is also known in europe under Merlin Tracer 240. See my post 28th of april, Micro-Helis.
with kind regards.
pewe
pewe is offline Find More Posts by pewe