Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
yes i know that.. Read again
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:10 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,711 Posts
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWGR1&P=M
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
I just ordered 5.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:33 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
2 for me.. I just need one anyway..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
I just ordered 5.
dont you already have a stash hidden somewhere
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
You can use the airspeed unit on any rx
What airspeed unit are you referring to? And are you talking about a spektrum rx?
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:59 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,557 Posts
OK I realize that AirSpeed Sensor is effected by the wind and that accurate ground speed readings can not be expected flying with or into the wind however how much effect does a cross wind at say 90 degrees to the flight path effect the readings?

Bill If you happen to read this yes I am still around and still flying. A couple of speed test runs this morning using the ET Airspeed Micro Sensor V3 in a wing I am playing with prompted this question.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:29 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,038 Posts
A crosswind won't affect your airspeed at all.
Your aircraft doesn't know how hard the wind is blowing or from what direction.

If you fly (relative to you) upwind and downwind at the same throttle/level flight setting your aircraft will have the same airspeed in both directions.

Of course the ground speed will change by the amount of the wind speed plus the airspeed in the downwind direction, and wind speed minus the airspeed in the upwind direction.

If there is cross wind (relative to you) the ground speed will vary plus or minus by the vector of the wind relative to you but the airspeed of the model at the same given throttle/level flight, will remain the same.

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:35 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,557 Posts
Thank you for the clarification, it seems I have topped out at 76 MPH with my present setup which is not really bad for a 240 watts setup on a 30" ,228 sq.in. 11.5 oz. combat flying wing.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
?v=
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Mar 02, 2012 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2007
82 Posts
Altimeter V3 Drift

Here's a graph from datalogger v4 and altimeter v3.
The aircraft is a quad copter.
The graph covers two ascents to about 30 feet over a short period of time, you can see the ascents in the current plot.
Is the recorded altitude shift over this time period typical?
AlGerbens is offline Find More Posts by AlGerbens
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Jun 2006
131 Posts
Hello

I got an Elogger V4 with speed, altimeter,GPS and G's sensors. My aim is to make measurements on F3F gliders and to use recorded data to compute aerodynamic parameters as CL.

G's sensor works very well and gives good dynamic measurements

GPS works as expected. With numerous GPS loss when rolling and making tight turns ( I never imagine anything else on a carbon gliger making F3F runs !).

But I'm disapointed by the poor dynamic behaviour of airspeed and altitude sensors. Filtering is very important and is not adapted to any dynamic flying including F3F. ( This fliltering seems specially adapted to calm thermaling)

When I submit the altimeter to a sudden depressure (to simulate a high climbing rate) it takes more than 0.5 s to reach the new altitude. Then when the depressure is stopped, the altitude reached is latched during about 2 s or more before begining to decrease to zero. Decreasing takes more than 0.5s.
The airpeed sensor has exactly the same behaviour which is not suited at all to make measurements on dynamic flights.

I tested the dynamic response of these sensors on my F3F plane by making aerobatics and more specifically by making several consecutive loops. Maximum/minimum G's should correspond to maximum/ minimum airspeed and to minimum/maximum altitude. In fact records show more than 2s delay beetwen maximum/minimum G's and maximum/minimum airspeed or altitude!
Moreover altitude and speed variations seems much reduced compared to reality. Consequently it seems impossible to make usable CL calculation. Computed CL during loops can reach more than 2 or 3 !!!

So my questions are :
Is it possible to modify or to suppress the filtering ?
(I would prefer to make my own post filtering on raw data with Excel)

What is the filtering algorithm ? Is it possible to make a reverse computation to reduce filtering ?

TP
Thierry Platon is offline Find More Posts by Thierry Platon
Last edited by Thierry Platon; Mar 23, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Hi Thierry,

Yes, here are a couple of things you can do:
1) I'd recommend logging at 50Hz, if you are not doing so already.
2) Under "advanced, custom hardware options" click "I wish to turn off averaging/smoothing of downloaded data".

let me know how this goes.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
my altimeter took a plung into salt water, I headed back to get a raft. and retrieved my plane. about a few hours later, Lip expanded. 808 keychain cams DO, and returned home cleaned up blew everyting off with a blower, what are my chances that hte Altimeter will work?

BAM! 1 -1-4-3--1-1-4-3...... how sweet it is. have not yet gone back up t osee ifit registers a new height. thank you Eagle treefor making it pritty much water tight. clearly said in the manual.....

I had seen my unit start to work at 59 feet, where as 60 feet is the actual start to read height. not just when you hit the highest. ilike to see it read all levels, and when after 10 seconds of stand still read the highest height reach. for expple

flying 60, 65,70,100, 90,110,75,60,... landed picked unit says 110. this way when a cam is on youactually see the heights flown, after max height reached.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 01, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Jun 2006
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Thierry,

Yes, here are a couple of things you can do:
1) I'd recommend logging at 50Hz, if you are not doing so already.
2) Under "advanced, custom hardware options" click "I wish to turn off averaging/smoothing of downloaded data".

let me know how this goes.
Thank you very much Bill.
I was already logging at 50hz. Switching the averaging off seems to fix the issue. I will try it in fly the next week-end.

Thanks
TP
Thierry Platon is offline Find More Posts by Thierry Platon