SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2009, 07:21 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
There should not be an issue with extending either the wiring, or the tube.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2009, 03:30 AM
Joined May 2008
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
There should not be an issue with extending either the wiring, or the tube.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Thanks Bill
EL_Loco is offline Find More Posts by EL_Loco
Old Apr 08, 2011, 02:16 AM
Public Nuisance
Joined May 2010
6 Posts
Hi Bill
In regards to extending the tubing instead of the wiring (for me this is cosmetics - i'd rather keep it looking clean, in my set up extending the power/data cables would mean putting the board external on the fuselage) is there any consideration to tube size? I need a tubing run of 1m on the positive and negative side (so 2m total). I am finding it hard to obtain 1.5mmID/2.5mmOD (or even 1.5mmID/whateverOD)...would a 2mm ID effect calibration/accuracy?
Thanks
satanstrousers is offline Find More Posts by satanstrousers
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, no, the larger tube should not affect accuracy.
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2011, 12:33 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5 Posts
stand alone altimeter

Hi,i am Bruno from Belgium and i have the folowing question,is it posible to reset the altimeter and the speedmeter to zero when used as a stand alone unit,thanks by forehand greetz Bruno.
Bruno Henderyckx is offline Find More Posts by Bruno Henderyckx
Old May 18, 2011, 01:25 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Bruno, no, there's not a way to set the display to zero. It will always flash the last max height/speed.
Site Sponsor
Old May 19, 2011, 05:01 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5 Posts
Altimeter

Hi there,thanks for the reply,but i have another qustion,what is the reset hight for the altimeter i used it in a fireworks DLG now but it keeps telling me the hight of my 4 meter lunak where it was in before and doeing a great job.
Greetz Bruno.
Bruno Henderyckx is offline Find More Posts by Bruno Henderyckx
Old May 24, 2011, 11:58 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Bruno, the reset heights, and what triggers a reset, in standalone mode, are described here in the manual.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:40 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
I hope it is ok to ask this here, but whats with buying either of these items through Hobbyking? I do most of my buying through there as it is a one stop shop but I have been trying to get an altimeter through there is impossible . It's they either never have enough stock or the stock goes quicker than i ever notice ... either way i just wish they didnt list it anymore~
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:39 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,587 Posts
The altimeters have been in short supply. Most sites state that they won't get them back in until mid-July. Tower Hobbies has them cheaper than anywhere else I can find but they too are out of stock. I went through ExperienceRC http://www.experiencerc.com/store/in...cturers_id=137 to get mine.

I just checked that link and their stock is going down too.

-Mike
Stone1295 is offline Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:28 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
WHY CANT WE GET THESE THINGS!!! I asked a local dealer and he said over 4 weeks away .... bah!!! Kinda makes me wanna jump ship to another system that i can actually find in stock.

Work harder and make stuff available!!!!!!!!!!

Bah!!!!!!!!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:31 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
All, sorry for the altimeter delay. One of the required parts had an unexpectantly very long lead time, but the altimeters are scheduled to ship to us this coming week.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:06 AM
Munich
Joined Jul 2008
7 Posts
Altimeter MicroSensor V4 (ALTIMETER-V4)

quick question: on http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/micro.htm you list an "Altimeter MicroSensor V4 (ALTIMETER-V4)"; I can't find a manual for V4 ... what is the difference to V3?
Thanx,
Wolf
rceagle is offline Find More Posts by rceagle
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Wolf,

The altimeter V4 manual is here.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:11 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,042 Posts
Hi Bill, I notice on the picture of the new Altimeter V4 in the new manual there doesn't seem to be the little pressure sensor to connect the silicon tube from a pitot tube.

Can this sensor infact still be connected to the pitot tube?

Or does the sensor become subject to random placement somewhere in the aircrafts fuselage that may or may not be subject to Ram air pressure variations regardless of altitude?

I really like they way the v3 sensors both get connected to the pitot tube as it gives very consistent and reliable results both for altitude and airspeed.

thanks
Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2