HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:31 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,905 Posts
Bill,
thanks for the quick reply - I didn't get an alert for some reason (?) so apologies for not replying.

The Altimeter is connected either -

eLogger->Altimeter->GPS5

eLogger->Alitimeter with no GPS5

In both cases, the chain starts on the GPS/Upper port on the eLogger. All GPS stats work fine.

I am only powering the eLogger from the USB port at the moment (from a laptop) to test - is it possible that the Altimeter doesn't like this for some reason?

The Altimeter works in Standalone mode, as per the instructions.

Any help much appreciated. I am currently hooking up a video link so I will see if the Altimeter reading will show via the OSD.

Adam
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:56 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the information. The altimeter should connect into the LOWER port of the eLogger, rather than the GPS port. If you are using the OSD, the altimeter should connect to the same port as the OSD (with daisy chain).

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:49 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,905 Posts
Sorry Bill - a clear case of RTFM, and I used to write technical manuals !

Adam

update - just connected everything as it should be and all works fine now
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
Last edited by Ginger Adam; Mar 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old May 07, 2009, 09:28 AM
There's no crying in RC!
Denair, CA
Joined Feb 2008
316 Posts
I have the Airspeed Microsensor. Can I use a 6 in. servo extension connected between my receiver and the unit itself? And also, do the rubber lines need to be as strait as possible or does it matter if they are coiled? Do they have to be fastened down or can they be loose in side the fuselage?
northchim is offline Find More Posts by northchim
Old May 07, 2009, 03:29 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi,

It should be fine to extend the lead of the Airspeed sensor. Of course, any time you change wiring, do an antenna-down range check.

The rubber lines can be coiled, but not kinked. In general, it is best to fasten them down, so that in-flight movement would not cause pressure variations in the lines.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old May 07, 2009, 04:24 PM
There's no crying in RC!
Denair, CA
Joined Feb 2008
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Hi,

It should be fine to extend the lead of the Airspeed sensor. Of course, any time you change wiring, do an antenna-down range check.

The rubber lines can be coiled, but not kinked. In general, it is best to fasten them down, so that in-flight movement would not cause pressure variations in the lines.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Thanks
northchim is offline Find More Posts by northchim
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:38 AM
Joined May 2003
60 Posts
Hey Bill... I've noticed during a few flights that the LED display will show a lower max altitude than the Elogger records. It usually isn't much (30' or less) and doesn't really matter, but why isn't the LED showing the correct max altitude?
BlitzK is offline Find More Posts by BlitzK
Old Oct 05, 2009, 08:18 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Could someone comment on the accuracy of the ASI? I am thinking of getting one to compliment my EloggerV3, OSD Pro and GPS... but would like to know how accurate the Airspeed actually is.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Oct 06, 2009, 02:46 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Blitz, looks like I missed your question before. The slight difference between the LED display and the eLogger data is due to the difference in the way the two collect and process the data. I have intended for us to "fix" this so that they show the exact max value, and will eventually.

Cralis, the speed accuracy of the sensor varies with the speed. The higher the speed, the more accurate/precise the readings. Generally, readings above about 10-12 MPH should be within about 1MPH. Of course, the pitot mounting can affect accuracy.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 06, 2009, 05:17 PM
Sir Jasper
Christchurch - New Zealand
Joined Jan 2003
787 Posts
I am about to put in my order for both the air speed indicator and altitude indicator and am wondering if the powerpanel LCD display just hooks up to them both to display the data and does it log as well or do I need the "MicroPower E-Logger" as well?

The Eagletree site is down at the moment so I can't get any good info about the LCD display use.

I am on a pretty tight budget so don't want to blowout on bits that I don't require right now - only want to get speed & altitude readings really.

Thanks - Mark
zl3vml is offline Find More Posts by zl3vml
Last edited by zl3vml; Oct 06, 2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2009, 05:59 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
I think you need the e-logger to log. Powerpanel just shows current (and max?) values.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Oct 06, 2009, 06:18 PM
Sir Jasper
Joined Jan 2003
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
I think you need the e-logger to log. Powerpanel just shows current (and max?) values.
So if I hooked the airspeed unit to it it would display the max for that flight?

That sounds good enough if someone can confirm it.
Also - can I hook both the airspeed and altitude units to it at the same time?
Old Oct 07, 2009, 02:36 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi zl3vml,

Sorry about our website being down today. Our ISP (a BIG company) went down for at least 30 minutes, and probably longer, but it's up now.

The airspeed and altimeter sensors have a built-in 7 segment LED which display the max values during your flight, once you land. So, those two sensors may be all that you need, unless you want to see complete graphs of your flights.

The powerpanel only works with the eLogger. If you need to see logged data from the entire flight, you'd need the eLogger. The powerpanel displays live or max data with the sensors connected to the eLogger.

Let me know if that doesn't clear things up!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2009, 02:56 AM
Sir Jasper
Joined Jan 2003
787 Posts
Ah Thanks Bill.
I think so - I have ordered the two units only for now - I will likely get the logger & display unit in a month or two.

I will go browse the website and read up now that it is back online again.

Mark
Old Nov 05, 2009, 06:27 AM
Joined May 2008
13 Posts
Is it possible to extent the sensor wires to mu Elogger?
And if so, by how long. I am building a 1/5 scale warplane, wich means I have about 1.5m to cover from pito to logger. So either I extent the wiring, or the tube.
what should I do?
EL_Loco is offline Find More Posts by EL_Loco