HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 05:15 AM
Arvada, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
33 Posts
Bill,
I too have the new airspeed sensor with problems, the airspeed is always zero. The PC software is version 6.82 and I have upgraded the firmware of the V3. I have the sample rate set to 10 Hz and configured to record airspeed along with voltage and current on the V3. I have double checked all connections, including the rubber tubes to the pitot tube. Does the airspeed unit need to be plugged into the V3 unit when downloading data? Also what is the best approach to test the unit on the ground? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Terry
ssTerry is offline Find More Posts by ssTerry
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2008, 01:38 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Terry,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue. Though the problem you describe will likely not be affected by it, the latest software (with an additional fix for airspeed) is located here:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...beta/setup.exe

This does correct a problem when downloading data from the recorder without the airspeed connected, but I believe you would get incorrect airspeed data, rather than zero airspeed data, if this were the problem.

Does the LED on the airspeed sensor blink when powered by your elogger? It should.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:48 PM
Arvada, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
33 Posts
Bill,
I updated the PC software to version 6.89 and the firmware in the V3 unit is updated to 5.51. The small LED does blink both when on battery power or when the USB interface cable is connected, which during this time the battery is then disconnected from the V3 unit. The 7-segment indicator is always off. The LED blinks 3 times on, pauses then repeats. The velocity is still zero after downloading data, thoughts?
Terry
Old Nov 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Terry,

Something is definitely wrong if the 7 segment is off. it should always be flashing the max, even when connected to the eLogger. Does the 7-segment flash the max when connected to a battery, with the standalone cable?

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:18 AM
Arvada, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
33 Posts
Hi Bill,
My error in my previous message, the 7-segment LED on the altimeter unit is a steady zero. The display shows zero either on the battery or when the battery is disconnected but the V3 and altimeter are all hooked together and on the USB cable. The LED on the V3 flashes as mentioned in my previous email.
Terry
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:06 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Terry,

I apologize, but something has gone wrong with your altimeter. A steady zero indicates that it cannot initialize. Could you please email support@eagletreesystems.com, for RMA information?

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2008, 05:46 AM
Which way is it going now
Australia, SA, Golden Grove
Joined Mar 2003
439 Posts
Altitude Switch

Hi Bill,

I have a altimeter and was wondering if it would be posible, with upgarded firmware, to use the device as an altitude switch.

I would like to be able to program the unit to turn my motor off when the glider reaches a preprogramed height.

Thanks

Mark
mstone is offline Find More Posts by mstone
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:55 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Mark,

Right now we don't have plans to do that.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:23 AM
Joined Sep 2004
253 Posts
I have same problem as Mark, what was the conclusion for this problem?

Bill i send you an email.

Michael
absolute-zero is offline Find More Posts by absolute-zero
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:52 AM
Suffolk
Joined Dec 2008
294 Posts
Hi Bill
I have sent you a couple of emails but not had a reply? I have recieved the automated reply but thats it.
Its regarding the Alt sensor and if it would work with the circuit board made in spain, to use the unit as Altitude hold?

Russ
russdelaneyuk is offline Find More Posts by russdelaneyuk
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:16 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Russ,

Sorry you are not getting our emails! At this point, we do not have plans to support the airspeed and altimeter microsensors with other companies' products. However, it is something that we have considered, and will continue to consider.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2009, 05:35 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,272 Posts
Hi Bill, I have two questions for you.
I saw the quesion above about high speed DLG applications but what is the high end of the altimiter unit ? ie: acceleration or G limit. Can these do double duty in mid power model rockets ? Say 10 G's ?

Second question is do you offer any package deals ? Like Logger plus 2 or three sensors in a special package pricing ?
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:58 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Kevin,

There should not be a problem with 10G's. The limit of the standalone unit is about 10K feet.

We should have some package deals, but don't. I'll bet some of our distributors/dealers have this though.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 07, 2009, 08:48 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,903 Posts
Bill,
should the eLogger software show altitude on the PC in Live mode when the altimeter is connected? I have this setup with GPS expander, all GPS data is showing fine (including GPS altitude) but the barometric altitude is always zero, even if I take it for a drive up the nearest hill (GPS altitude reports a climb from 450 feet to 720)

The altitude senser LED flashes and displays the height from the hill, so it appears to be working OK.

The eLogger software is 6.93, eLoggerV3 firmware is 5.51

Adam
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
Old Mar 08, 2009, 08:47 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Adam,

Yes, live mode should be displaying altitude. It sounds like the eLogger is not detecting the altimeter for some reason. Could you post a photo of your connection of the altimeter to the eLogger? Also, note that the elogger has to be de-powered before plugging in the altimeter, for the eLogger to see it.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor