SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by acampfield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 10:15 AM
PropLess in Seattle
Seattle, WA
Joined Mar 2007
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Sold
Gabby 3.2M 3 Piece Wing - Like New (Well... Almost)

Top is Yellow with Red tips and leading edge of the tip panels, all Yellow on the top of center section, solid red bottom on all panels.

Ever wonder why it's always the last flight that does all the damage and hurt. Anyway sad story short, wrecked my new Gabby 3.2E. Had 2 great flights, then that last one. Bottom line... fuse and tail were damaged beyond my repair abilities or desire.

After close inspection of the wing, was surprised to find no structural damage, no scraps, scratches or breaks except for ( here it comes ) the right aileron hinge was torn for about 8" to 10" from the inboard end. The servos have been removed.

Looking for $ 250 obo + freight
or Trade for Supra or TD H. Stab. & V. Stab. w/Rudder

No camera/No pictures will gurantee condition as stated.
For info on plane w/pictures go to:
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=5564

Thanks for looking

Archie
archiealc@yahoo.com
acampfield is offline Find More Posts by acampfield
Last edited by acampfield; Jun 09, 2008 at 10:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2008, 10:25 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Why don't you just order a new fuselage & tail assembly for it?
Jeffrito is offline Find More Posts by Jeffrito
Old Jun 06, 2008, 10:27 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
...Or elaborate on the damage to the fuse and tail for those who might be interested.
Jeffrito is offline Find More Posts by Jeffrito
Old Jun 06, 2008, 11:50 PM
Joined Nov 2003
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
How did the first two flights go?
dougalert is offline Find More Posts by dougalert
Old Jun 07, 2008, 09:09 AM
PropLess in Seattle
Seattle, WA
Joined Mar 2007
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougalert
How did the first two flights go?

Gggreaaat...
Did several hand throws for trim, first power launch was ok, found cg to be a little to neutral or tail heavy, at least out of my comfort zone so added weight to bring the cg forward a bit and thru it again and all was ok. Powered it up again and it climbed out at about 60/70 degrees or so into a gusty wind. Shut it down and had about a 8 to 10 min flight. Did more trim testing, etc. On the next power launch the plane went out and up about 50', made a large high loop, came over the top and straight down under full power. What a mess, the fuse was shattered in two places, the tail feathers were probably ok or salvageable but in my frustration and disappointment, I just removed the electronics and threw it in the dumpster.

The wings I but back in the bag and took home. Several days later, finely calmed down enough to take a look at them. Except for the damage mentioned they are in new condition. It looks like the hinge could be easily repaired. Thought someone out there could use spares, I have no use for them. I know the plane is not that popular and parts are not in great demand. And I'm here to tell you, those wings are h--- bent for strong.

Archie
acampfield is offline Find More Posts by acampfield
Old Jun 07, 2008, 01:12 PM
New Jersey
Joined May 2004
311 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acampfield
Top is Yellow with Red tips and leading edge of the tip panels, all Yellow on the top of center section, solid red bottom on all panels.

Ever wonder why it's always the last flight that does all the damage and hurt. Anyway sad story short, wrecked my new Gabby 3.2E. Had 2 great flights, then that last one. Bottom line... fuse and tail were damaged beyond my repair abilities or desire.

After close inspection of the wing, was surprised to find no structural damage, no scraps, scratches or breaks except for ( here it comes ) the right aileron hinge was torn for about 8" to 10" from the inboard end. The servos have been removed.

Looking for $ 250 obo + freight
or Trade for Supra or TD H. Stab. & V. Stab. w/Rudder

No camera/No pictures will gurantee condition as stated.
For info on plane w/pictures go to:
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=5564

Thanks for looking

Archie
archiealc@yahoo.com
I sent you a PM.

Alan
alan7037 is offline Find More Posts by alan7037
Closed Thread