SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 05, 2008, 03:42 PM
Magic Blue Smoke costs to much
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Build Log
CMPro Ventus 2HX ARF

Well this afternoon after work i'm off to my LHS to pick up a new kit by CMPro, it's the Ventus 2HX. After having and flying the CMPro Discus for over a year now and keeping up with the build thread started by Salisbug here on RCG i'm pretty sure I know what i'm gunna be in for.

Some of the feature that come out with the Ventus as standard is scale airbrakes and a retractable wheel with open and closing retract doors. Here's a link to some pix as there isn't much else I can tell you until I get the model tonight.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...pro_ventus.htm

ps. with all the cheap chinese scalies out there now at 2.6 mtr maybe it's time we had a "Mini Aerotow" day with electric tugs and 2.6 scalies.
jason H is offline Find More Posts by jason H
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2008, 04:44 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Well it's here, I have it....I have pulled all the parts out of the box for alook and all seems fine. As always the model was packed well in the box with lots of light foam wraped around the parts and sealed in plastic bags. I've take a fair few pix for you all to see.

Let the slide show begin.....
Old Jun 06, 2008, 04:53 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Here's a pic for the Ventus's canopy and cockpit. Not much different here from the Discus.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 04:58 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Next up is some of the fun parts. Here you'll see afew pix of the retract mech and the gear door. Both are made from ABS plastis and seem to be strong although there seems to be alittle slop in the parts. The retract has a good positive lock down feel to it and i doubt that it would close up on landing.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 05:06 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Well the wings are the same as the Discus, ply balsa built up type covered with white plastic film. The quality is fairly high for such a cheap kit. Note how thin the tip section is, the section they have used looks like it might have a good turn of speed.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 05:10 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Well this is a great suprise, CMpro have upgraded the wing joiner bar from a carbon tube as used in the Discus to a 8mm steel rod. This has a much better feel to it and I have aready great faith in the Ventus over the Discus.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 05:13 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Here's a pic of the stab and rudder. The Stab is of a built up nature that has a foil built into it.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 05:31 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
The airbrakes are made from ABS also and are of the blade type. These also have a fair bit of play in them but seem to work just fine. The only thing that I don't like about them is when they are in the wing they are red on top, I think that i'll be covering them with white profilm.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 05:34 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Here is the hardware package. Parts seem ok but I think i'll be upgrading some of it to Dubro etc.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 05:38 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
The best saved to last, Bench Fly shots. Looks pretty good for a cheap 2.6 scalie.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 06:15 AM
Melbourne
Joined May 2004
1,709 Posts
Jas. I like the look of that. i might have to get one for myself
excelpoint is offline Find More Posts by excelpoint
Old Jun 06, 2008, 07:40 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,698 Posts
Why is the left wing at such an odd angle? The model looks like it has anhedral in it. ( opposite of dihedral).
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old Jun 06, 2008, 07:47 AM
Joined Jul 2004
2,595 Posts
I've got the tug end sorted, are we towing on Monday??
Big Nuts 181 is online now Find More Posts by Big Nuts 181
Old Jun 06, 2008, 02:39 PM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Thanx Matty, I think you won't go wrong "Bang for Buck".

s2000- if you are referring to the first photo on post #6 then it's just the camera angle. Look at the pix in post #11, no Anhedral....

Ross- gotta work Monday.