Old Jun 05, 2008, 06:59 AM
RC Flying Rules!
Winchester, VA.
Joined Feb 2004
211 Posts
Discussion
EL-MOD Good?

Hi and Hello to all!

I just purchased a Heng Long Tiger 1 tank (my first - I have other RC cars, planes), love the tank!

My question: How are the EL-Mod products?
I would like to update the sound and future radio system to a better FM system, plus a battle system.

Thanks!

VRF201(Roy)
VRF201 is online now Find More Posts by VRF201
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2008, 11:43 AM
TAS, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
Elmod are great, another alternative is Darkith's new RC2HL (LINK) so you can use aftermarket radio with the stock circuit boards, with heaps of extra features like momentum simulation, battle system etc. It's basically got everything El-mod has, except custom engine sounds (it does have custom firing and hit sounds), and is cheaper than El-mod.
wackywheelz is offline Find More Posts by wackywheelz
Old Jun 05, 2008, 03:39 PM
RC Flying Rules!
Winchester, VA.
Joined Feb 2004
211 Posts
wackywheelz

Thanks for the info!

Are they (EL Mod), pretty easy to install?

Thanks!

VRF201(Roy)
Old Jun 05, 2008, 06:25 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRF201
wackywheelz

Thanks for the info!

Are they (EL Mod), pretty easy to install?

Thanks!

VRF201(Roy)
Hello Roy,

EL MOD has good PDF manual to help you with installation and of course here at RCTankWars.com we will help with any questions of for those that do not want the Hasstle we will install for you! The Sound is amazing and the range of sounds is adds a lot to the realism feel and drive of the tank after it is installed! Darktihs system is great but does not come close to touching EL MODs' sound!

The Blitz
Blitzkrieg65 is offline Find More Posts by Blitzkrieg65
Old Jun 05, 2008, 11:00 PM
RC Flying Rules!
Winchester, VA.
Joined Feb 2004
211 Posts
Thanks Blitzkrieg65!

Question: Do they make a gun recoil component?
Thanks!

VRF201 (Roy)
Old Jun 06, 2008, 12:07 AM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
You can use any Tamiya recoil unit, with EL MOD! Karen at the Danville PX can get them for a very fair price!

Here is a video of my King Tiger with Tiger sound bcause they had not release the KT sound set that they have now, but it is still very cool all the different sounds they have added to the movement of the tank!
I am going to add recoil to mine sometime this month, I will post pictures and video of it!

KING TIGER 0n the move (3 min 0 sec)

The Blitz
Old Jun 06, 2008, 01:37 PM
RC Flying Rules!
Winchester, VA.
Joined Feb 2004
211 Posts
Thanks Blitzkrieg65!

I take it that you like the EL-MOD alot? Is the sound super good?
Do you use the version that works with HL electronics or the prop version?

Thanks!

VRF201(Roy)
Old Jun 06, 2008, 06:10 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRF201
Thanks Blitzkrieg65!

I take it that you like the EL-MOD alot? Is the sound super good?
Do you use the version that works with HL electronics or the prop version?

Thanks!

VRF201(Roy)
Roy

I should disclose that I am your North American EL MOD distrubutor! The sound is excellent! There is larger tank forum on RC Universe more guys there have EL Mod installed in their tanks! You are welcome to post there and get their reaction!
I am using the Prop version, only because I wanted to go with larger motors and a better radio, but you can still get the awesome sound with the standard radio!

The Blitz

RCTankars.com
Old Jun 27, 2008, 01:24 PM
Florida
Joined Jun 2008
4 Posts
el mod

I just blew my rx 13 board and was very interested in the el mod. I sorta like the performance of the rx 13 board. However I want to upgrade my tank to some better rc stuff. Performance and the idea of better motors is a plus. I have a HL tiger with metal upgrades. I put a cooling fan on however I ran into some problems with my wireing. No biggy though. My question is which web site should i use for el mod and what upgrade should I get. Im not to concerned about the sound thing just yet. "im sure that will be next though" Any advise on motors and el mod systems.
Panhead56 is offline Find More Posts by Panhead56
Old Jun 27, 2008, 02:52 PM
UK soon NZ :)
Lancashire
Joined May 2008
96 Posts
The Blitz is your dealer for North America, the minimum item is this, the think tank booster, them you can add the other modules as required, when your ready for them.
http://www.el-mod.de/product_info.ph...69e2893caa703b

I'm getting this + turret control + sound module very soon
ste b is offline Find More Posts by ste b
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:13 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead56
I just blew my rx 13 board and was very interested in the el mod. I sorta like the performance of the rx 13 board. However I want to upgrade my tank to some better rc stuff. Performance and the idea of better motors is a plus. I have a HL tiger with metal upgrades. I put a cooling fan on however I ran into some problems with my wireing. No biggy though. My question is which web site should i use for el mod and what upgrade should I get. Im not to concerned about the sound thing just yet. "im sure that will be next though" Any advise on motors and el mod systems.
Hello Panhead,

RCTankWars.com is my site but you can just e-mail me at fluegivation@gmail.com and we can discuss what you want to do and go from there!

The Blitz

Phil
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:50 AM
Florida
Joined Jun 2008
4 Posts
thank you

thanks guys you have been very helpful.
Panhead56 is offline Find More Posts by Panhead56
Old Jul 03, 2008, 02:05 PM
Lancashire
Joined May 2008
96 Posts
El Mod - Think tank booster, turret control and sound blaster in transit, Gotta say i'm very excited now
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:23 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
What does the EL MOD system do for me?

Basically EL MOD adds more realism to your tank for you and for someone observing the tank, it also is very reliable and I have not heard one case of someone blowing a board other then from neglect or abuse. Back to the realism part, they have designed the drive chip to control your motors to sense the surface drive conditions to optimize the power to the motors, that combined with a sound for almost every different move that you make with your transmitter, it is extremely realistic! Some of the sounds are, cannon blast, machine gun, turret sound, elevation, recoil, reload, and chain sounds for your drive wheels that change with the speed of the tank. The engine sound that has been recorded off of the real tank or a recording of the real tank that also changes with the speed you are driving or if you are making a turn slow or fast, it reflects that in the engine! Let me give you an example of how detailed they are with the sounds, you can shut your tanks engine off and still use the turret and shoot the cannon just like you can in a real tank! In a real tank you would have to use the hand crank if your engine is off! EL MOD changes the turret sound to a hand crank turret sound when the engine is off!
Every movement responds better, it is tuned in much better even if you stay with your Heng Long radio! So you can add it on to your Heng long electronics and keep your Heng Long radio & smoker unit or you can get one of the Prop systems and use a High-end radio and completely remove your Heng long electronics! Another cool feature is with the Afterburner or the BIG Booster, it gives you the ability to run larger motors without blowing up your boards! It is pricey, but it is comparable to Tamiya electronics and it takes the realism way beyond Tamiya. EL MOD CSI IR Battle unit is fully compatible with Tamiya IR and EL MOD has an Extended battle mode that goes way beyond Tamiya where your sensors can sense if the IR shot hits the turret then only the turret motor goes out, if the shot hits the left side, then only the left track weakens or is disabled. This is a long explanation but it is a very complex system, and I am sure that I missed something!

the Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:25 PM
Lancashire
Joined May 2008
96 Posts
Correct,,, you forgot one thing Blitz,,, it turns your legs to rubber when you connect it to a BIG speaker, it's awesome