SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 04, 2008, 10:37 PM
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
1,954 Posts
Cool
flying a mcclain wing cores 36" wing at sunset - kill devil hills NC mile marker 6!

I know I am a "cheater" using a slermaler but . . man I had the first nice slope flying I have had in over 10 years tonight and thought Id share it with all of you since the motor was only just "cracked open" most of the time...more sloppy sloping than I care to admit to but fun none the less and great plane!

Video - flying a mcclain wing cores 36" wing at sunset - kill devil hills NC mile marker 6!

on vacation - found a wifi connection so here is my first powered / slope flight with a mc clain wing cores 36" flying wing.
Hey guys

finally got tired of searching for a site and just put down and flew near my hotel on the beach . .found an area that was relatively clear and asked a passerby to run the camera....best I could do.

If there was any question about how this plane would slope, it was ended tonight.

All the flying in this video was done using only a 2s 1700 30c lipo and with the exception of the launch and two passes, the entire flight is being flown at half throttle or less!

The conditions were not "good" for sloping either, the wind was blowing at 22 kts with gusts to I dont know what wind direction at approx 30 degrees to the face, not straight on and the wind was gusting as the front had just scooted through earlier in the evening.

At one point in the video, I had almost full down elevon and was still going up, took the speed boost then rolled out of the turn then looped and still had energy to keep things going!

Great time .. . . workin the whole time being on the bottom of the slope and with the winds but . . . had a blast and so did everyone on the hotel balconies that were behind the dune watching the show!!!

I will try again tomorrow for a little better video, I started charging way too late to get what I wanted before it got too dark to fly.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...59#post9895377
pval3 is offline Find More Posts by pval3
to remove ads between posts