SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Dora Nine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 02, 2008, 06:51 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,658 Posts
Discussion
E-Flite Taylorcraft

Here's my E-Flite Taylorcraft.

Set-up:
E-Flite 480 940KV
10X8 Prop
Electrifly SS-25 ESC
4 HS-55's
JR Sport Micro RX
TP Extreme V2 2100mAH 3 Cell Lipo

Flight times are around 10-15 min.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2008, 04:40 PM
Chino, CA
Joined Dec 2006
140 Posts
Hey John,

Nice looking t-craft. How does it fly. Always wanted a real one. There is a guy here locally that puts on a aerobatic demo in a clipped wing t-craft (1 seat mounted in the center instead of the normal two seat configuration). It is a blast to watch....not very high energy like a pitts or extra but cool.
Slow lazy aerobatics ..... does yours fly that way?

Tom
Chino Tom is offline Find More Posts by Chino Tom
Old Jun 20, 2008, 05:17 PM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,658 Posts
Tom, My T-craft is powered with the lower end 480, which is more than enough power. The climb out from take off is pretty strong. I'd imagine that if I had the 450, she'd be a bit more tame, but she can do all sport aerobatics. Any manuver which needs rudder--wing overs, hammerheads, spins... are all done with ease. The rudder is very effective. I don't do a bunch of aerobatics with mine, mostly loops and rolls. My new thing with this plane is aerial photography. I have a Flycamone V2 and for the cost, it's great fun. Easy to use and takes a decent vid. I've been procrastinating on my video editing with Windows Movie maker, but I hope to have something posted soon.

Landings are a thing of beauty. Super smooth three pointers are the norm. Just keep a touch of power on all the way to touch down. Although not needed at all, flaps would be a nice thing to play with here.

The real fun is on skis. I have a set of Du-Bro skis. Good times.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:49 PM
Chino, CA
Joined Dec 2006
140 Posts
Thanks. I may have to get me one of these..... but the 190 with retracts
looks really nice too. Would love to see video from your t-craft.
Chino Tom is offline Find More Posts by Chino Tom
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:34 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,658 Posts
Anytime Tom. I'll see if I can get it edited up between now and Wednesday when I get off my boat. My internet connection here at work isn't fast enough to do an upload to U-tube.

The T-craft is a fantastic plane--and it builds very easily. Take a spin though the thread on the plane in the Park flyers section. I posted a couple pics of the interior I made up for the plane--I'm pretty happy with my effort.. Since it was so easy to build up, I had "extra" time to do other things. If you are decent with using your rudder it'll be even better, I can do cross wind landings like a champ with this plane. My paved runways are really nice, but the wind doesn't always flow right down them.

I hear you on the 190. I really hope they come through with that one.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:57 PM
Central Kentucky
Joined Jul 2008
70 Posts
Beautiful Model and more great Photography.
KentuckyRanger is offline Find More Posts by KentuckyRanger
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:00 PM
Central Kentucky
Joined Jul 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Tom, My T-craft is powered with the lower end 480, which is more than enough power. The climb out from take off is pretty strong. I'd imagine that if I had the 450, she'd be a bit more tame, but she can do all sport aerobatics. Any manuver which needs rudder--wing overs, hammerheads, spins... are all done with ease. The rudder is very effective. I don't do a bunch of aerobatics with mine, mostly loops and rolls. My new thing with this plane is aerial photography. I have a Flycamone V2 and for the cost, it's great fun. Easy to use and takes a decent vid. I've been procrastinating on my video editing with Windows Movie maker, but I hope to have something posted soon.

Landings are a thing of beauty. Super smooth three pointers are the norm. Just keep a touch of power on all the way to touch down. Although not needed at all, flaps would be a nice thing to play with here.

The real fun is on skis. I have a set of Du-Bro skis. Good times.

Hope this helps.
Can't wait to see some Video from this Plane, looks like a real slow, smooth mover.
KentuckyRanger is offline Find More Posts by KentuckyRanger
Old Aug 01, 2008, 12:40 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,658 Posts
Yeah, I've been having trouble with the editing of Windows movie maker... If anyone has some experience with it. I'd be interested in hearing from you. I also have some vids from my H9 Cub while float flying...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 04:33 AM
bid
Norway, Rogaland, Sauda
Joined Jan 2008
9 Posts
Here is a short video of E-flite Taylorcraft

Hello

Here is a short movie of my E-Flite Taylorcraft. My setup is a Turnigy 3530-1100, 3s Lipo 1200mAh, Turnigy 40A Esc, APC 10x5 and HTX 9g servos.
Great flying and lots of power the AUW is 870g.

E-Flite Taylorcraft on ice (1 min 25 sec)
bid is offline Find More Posts by bid