Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 25, 2001, 12:16 AM
Independence, MO, US
Joined Jul 2001
5 Posts
got my new rocket wing

I've been flying a soarstar for some time now and decided to try a zagi. After doing some research I decided to go with a rocket wing instead. It's awesome. Since it's all EPP (including the canopy) it has handled all of the abuse I've given it. And it's fast. Since I'm new to this type of plane I can't compare it to a zagi, but I think I made a good choice.
Jim Brown is offline Find More Posts by Jim Brown
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2001, 06:42 PM
La Honda CA USA
Joined Oct 2000
208 Posts
please post more info - construction ideas/problems, flight exp. - weight - pwr/bat/prop - covering - etc. i am on the fence and would welcome some user exp.
too bad you are not an experienced zagi pilot. you could do "combat" and get lots of support if you won.
my biggest concerns are
1. its new
2. its fast. can it go as slow as a zagi-x
i'm up to 1 soarstar flight with an instructor (neil)
ez
ezekiel is offline Find More Posts by ezekiel
Old Jul 27, 2001, 11:54 PM
Independence, MO, US
Joined Jul 2001
5 Posts
Construction was no problem because I purchased it pre-built. It flys pretty fast, but seems stable. I was able to gain control after a few flights. It's still quite an advancement from the soarstar, so I wouldn't recommend it as a first plane (even though it could probably take the abuse). I'm not sure of the weight but it's pretty light. It's powered by a speed 400, KR-1700AE battery, Gunther prop, and covered with tape (just like the Zagi 400X). The guy that built this for me also does Zagi's. I can't compare it's slow flight speed with a 400X, because I've never seen one in action. Nobody around here flys wings.
Jim Brown is offline Find More Posts by Jim Brown