HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scrtsqrl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 31, 2008, 01:25 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,293 Posts
Discussion
The Evolution of a FPV EasyStar

My EZ* has evolved a lot in a year and a half...

Here's how I got started flying RC...I couldn't fly a plane coming towards me to save my life...The light bulb did not turn on until I started to fly FPV. The "Geek Box" allowed me to see things from the airplane, which helped me figure out the airplanes attitude...I still think it's an awesome set-up to learn how to fly and learn how to fly FPV.

RTF EZ, Video Pod, NiMH Batteries...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43315126&hl=en

Here's what it looks like with standard wings, stock motor, LiPos, no gyros. I flew my bird like this for a year...It was a hoot. I got to fly it Day and Night.

My FPV Set-up (3 min 47 sec)

Three Swords (1 min 38 sec)

Here it is whith EG wings, ARC 28-37-3, LiPos and gyros. I wanted it to be able to carry more batteries for endurance/range and be more stable, so that I can fly in stronger winds making more fly-days available...7 kts of wind here...

Summer Day (6 min 46 sec)

Remote Antenna & VTx. It gets cold here. With this set-up, I can fly from the comfort of my car...

Heated FPV Cockpit (3 min 47 sec)

Set-up details below:
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Last edited by scrtsqrl; Dec 06, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,171 Posts
Hi scrtsqrl.
The bag that holds your vrx, do you wear that around your waist when flying? If so, do you have it on your side, back or front?

BTW. Fantastic vids you have made.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC