HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by crashEMhard, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
Moline IL
Joined Sep 2007
115 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Wanted
AIRHOG's to ship to soldier in iraq please read responses

i have a buddy who wants to learn r/c and is stationed in Camp Arifjan Kuwait
ARCENT-ARA Retention for the next 2 years. i have been sending him care packages and though this would be neat, but getting expensive. ANYONE HAVE A NEW one for somewhat cheap? reflex/bipe/jet? trying to save a little extra cash. he though he would like one to fly on time off in the desert. and its small enough to send in the military boxxes. otherwise toys-r-us here i come..

thanks

nick
a100dork3@yahoo.com

or if i could get 1 or 2 donated , i could send them to my friend to give to a few other guys over there. id pay shipping there.
crashEMhard is offline Find More Posts by crashEMhard
Last edited by crashEMhard; May 30, 2008 at 05:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2008, 01:42 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,118 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Hey nick, that's a nice thing your are doing.

Try target, this $5.00 off should help.

[attachment]1840482[/attachment]

KC

Edit: Coupon no longer available.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Last edited by KC; Jul 06, 2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old May 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
Moline IL
Joined Sep 2007
115 Posts
thank you. its my close friend. he called the other day from iraq and said his step dad was doing r/c and it was something he wanted to do. so i shipped him a stack of model avaition mags and going to send him a airhog to mess with. when he gets back i got a trainer waiting for him also.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:16 AM
Moline IL
Joined Sep 2007
115 Posts
Wow. i just had a guy here, on the site offer to pay for most of a airhog to send overseas for me to help my buddy out. This just tells you the kind of suporters and nice people that are here on this site. and i cant thank you enough. My buddy terry says its hard to go from having alot to nothing over there. alot of soilders dont even get care packages. this is why i am doing this. he likes reading my model avaition mags i send over there. there is alot of them in iraq now. lol spreading the joy!!!

if you would like to help please contact me.Terry has many people under him over there and he can pass stuff on too. and they say seeing stuff from here helps them through the days. having a friend over there really makes you want to help more on top of already helping.

thank you
Last edited by crashEMhard; May 30, 2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old May 30, 2008, 01:00 PM
Milaca, MN.
Joined Nov 2007
32 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Better check and see if he can use it there..............I have a friend that went to Iraq and I shipped him a plane and they would not let him fly it anywhere at any time.......Something about unauthorized transmitters and possible interference
p40nut is offline Find More Posts by p40nut
Last edited by p40nut; May 30, 2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: added text
Old May 30, 2008, 01:01 PM
Moline IL
Joined Sep 2007
115 Posts
he said he could fly something small. might get him a reflex to fly in his tent. Where he is at, they might not mind from the sounds of it.
Old May 31, 2008, 01:51 PM
Moline IL
Joined Sep 2007
115 Posts
I was just told he said it was fine. he said they have a small r/c place others fly over there, so anything would be cool. his boss said that the radio equipment of the r/c wont effect there equipment. so i guess its fair game. im trying to get him to find the r/c field and send pictures. if i get some i will post for sure!

FULL ADDRESS BELOW. JUST PUT FROM A NEW FRIEND ON THE BOX AS FOR HE DONT KNOW I AM DOING THIS.

THANK YOU

SFC Terry A. Timmons
Theater Retention Operations NCO
ARCENT-ARA Retention
APO AE 09306
DSN (318) 430-7323
Last edited by crashEMhard; Jun 03, 2008 at 10:25 AM.
Closed Thread