SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2003, 04:12 PM
Joined Feb 2001
2,818 Posts
Question...what's it worth?

Or maybe I should ask "how much will I lose?" I'm putting out this question here so I can get some idea of what to expect.

Here's the situation...I have a complete Helistar kit with 2.4 gram servos, HF-100 twin esc, and Kokam 560 cells. I also have a GWS PG-03 gyro, it is the standard type and I planned to change out the connectors to JST.

Anyway, receiver/crystal troubles have left me frustrated and I want out. I am pretty much totally annoyed and the helicopter has lost it's appeal to me. Since I am not into the super micro stuff, I don't have any other receivers to substitute while troubleshooting. The heli has been carefully assembled but is not completely ready to fly yet. Main frame is basically done, servos installed, tail boom assembly is basically done but not attached. All that needs to be done is glue the boom on and wire it all up.

I'm hoping someone will offer up their opinion on the value of a half-assembled kit vs. a fully assembled, flight-tested, and RTF helicopter. I am just trying to minimize my losses here and figure out if I should order another rx and/or crystal.

Thanks in advance!
ScotY is offline Find More Posts by ScotY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2003, 08:15 PM
Joined Nov 2002
33 Posts
I have a piccolo fun for trade if you're interested.
Snef73 is offline Find More Posts by Snef73
Old Jan 21, 2003, 01:06 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
ScotY. Don't give up. I've got mine flying and it's a hoot. Get the rcvr and xtal and give it another go. You will take a real beating trying to sell it as is. A GWS rcvr with JST connectors won't set you back that much any way. I have a product review on the Helistar submitted for publication here and recommend this heli for folks with some building and flying micro experience. It flies a lot like an FP Piccolo or FP Hornet. Let me know if you run into other challenges. One outcome of my product review was a redesigned flybar control piece. This is important as a safety issue, so check David Lewis' Homefly.com site for information.
Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup