HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2008, 03:19 PM
Joined May 2008
6 Posts
Discussion
Radio Shacks Tiger 1 Tank

Hi All,

New here to the group.
I have a Tiger 1 tank that my wife got me a few years back from radio Shack. I think it's 1/48 scale, maybe someone knows for sure, it's prety small. I like it, cause it was a gift for one and it has some neat features. Was wondering if anybody knows anything about these tanks from radio shack? recently i had to replace the battery and after I did that the sound part quit working. Any suggestions or where to get parts would be much appreciated.
skitt is offline Find More Posts by skitt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2008, 08:32 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
its not about parts..you have an open circuit in the audio section. check the wires to the speaker.

I have 2 of these tanks and I removed the radio gear from one and installed it in a Tamiya 1/25th scale tiger and it is powered by a single lipo cell.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old May 28, 2008, 11:05 PM
Joined May 2008
6 Posts
Hmmm....Ok that sounds good. Should mention that the LED for the cannon also does not lite up. But like I said it recoils....I will check the speaker a little closer. Got any more info on the Lipo cell? Not familiar with that one. I don't like the batteries that came with it. They die out too quickly. Thanks for the info....

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
its not about parts..you have an open circuit in the audio section. check the wires to the speaker.

I have 2 of these tanks and I removed the radio gear from one and installed it in a Tamiya 1/25th scale tiger and it is powered by a single lipo cell.
Old Jun 02, 2008, 04:31 PM
Joined May 2008
6 Posts
Good stuff....thanks for sending that. I like the idea of being to get to the batteries when you want to.
Not sure if I should go back to Batteries plus and get a new battery for it or find another battery like you have here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly