HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2008, 07:00 PM
Altadena, CA
Joined Mar 2008
133 Posts
Discussion
DX6i USB cable & Throttle Hold?

I just got this usb cable for my DX6i - http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=3171

It works fine for the main stick control, plus one of the channels (x rotation) is tied to the "gear/F Mode" toggle switch on the DX6i. However, what I really need is to enable the "Throttle Hold" switch to practice with CP helis. I'm not sure how much this could be changed via software (cable uses built in windows game controller interface) or if it's possible to somehow remap this with the DX6i itself.

Any help appreciated.
mitchfx is offline Find More Posts by mitchfx
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2008, 10:41 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
"Throttle Hold" switch tells the Tx to switch to another set of Throttle and Pitch curves that are used for auto rotation. All this happens internally in the Tx and the cable does not transfer any information for the event to the simulator. If your Tx have the ability to assign a real Tx channel to a switch, you can assign for example channel 5 or 6 to that switch and then assign that channel to control the Idle Up in the simulator.
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old May 25, 2008, 08:32 AM
Altadena, CA
Joined Mar 2008
133 Posts
Stefan,

you are exactly right, I see that now. One thing I'm not sure about at this point is when setting up the controller for CV for use with a cp heli is do I calibrate and use the dx6i when already SET for that specific heli mode inside the tx? Or do I want to calibrate the ranges with the tx in some type of "generic/basic" mode, then switch to the heli program mode after calibration? Or possibly stay in a basic mode the whole time and let CV do the "program" curves? All this is very confusing to say the least.

thanks,
Mitch
mitchfx is offline Find More Posts by mitchfx
Old May 25, 2008, 09:47 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
ClearView implements Tx simulation and provides all curves on per model basis. Therefore, ClearView needs to read only the 4 stick positions from your Tx. ClearView generates the pitch curves (channel 6 on heli Tx) based on throttle stick position and flight mode you are in. That way, you can use any 4 ch Tx and fly CP helis in 3d mode (which normally requires 5 ch radio). As practical matter, you must have a single model on the Tx that is used for all models in ClearView. Typically, you create a new default plane model in the Tx and name it "sim" or whatever, so you know what the model is. Then, you callibrate in Windows, and after that you use that model for ALL ClearView models.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz