dark-side of the slope
Verona Italy
Joined Jul 2005
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydevriendt
Yves
Cosmopolitan F3K Flyer
Nonononono...Yves...you're simply a mad traveller.

Fantastic when you came in Cremona with the cabrio opened and the models on the backseat....did you do all the 700km with the top opened?!?!?

BTW:
-I totally agree for the Eurotour contest in the USA...select July or August and you'll see a lot of Europeans.
-I think that WAG doesn't have to be considered as a WC...the rules and the selection are made to show our sport to the general public. So I think the formula is not that bad...Who is the best pilot will be seen in 2011...
twentynine is online now Find More Posts by twentynine
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2008, 07:45 PM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,513 Posts
The Eurotour F3K contest in the states idea is interesting. Why July or August? Why would that get more interest from Europe? Why would Europeans come just because it is a Eurotour event? There are so many contests in Europe they can choose and they only need to attend a few to get full Eurotour points. Maybe they would be coming in an attempt to get an easy Eurotour win, but again, there are so many Eurotour events in Europe that they could find a few easier contests in Europe to attend. After all, Ralph, Roland and Schulte don't attend all of them

Our biggest contests are in June (Polecat and Poway). Third largest is in North Carolina in October. There aren't any F3K contests in July or August over here that would justify the transatlantic flight. Our larger contests have traditional dates that would be very hard or impossible to change.
Phil Barnes is online now Find More Posts by Phil Barnes
Old May 26, 2008, 08:55 PM
Gustavo Exel
Switzerland, GE, Geneva
Joined May 2003
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Barnes
Third largest is in North Carolina in October.
Not that it makes any difference in your argument but for the records, the ECHLGF 2008 will be in september 26-28
gustabmo is offline Find More Posts by gustabmo
Old May 27, 2008, 02:38 AM
COSMOPOLITAN
Joined Oct 2005
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentynine
Nonononono...Yves...you're simply a mad traveller.
Fantastic when you came in Cremona with the cabrio opened and the models on the backseat....did you do all the 700km with the top opened?!?!?
Yes, I did. It may seem crazy but with a good "Windschott" i.e. windbreaker that prevents the air from flowing back into the car from the backside, driving at 100 mph++ (this is merely a figure to mislead the highway patrol in case they read this and my real driving speeds remain a secret) on the Italian highways with the top down is just like a walk in the park: no turbulence, nice temperature. When the thermometer hits 75°F++ I close the top and switch on the aircon. On the M3 the DLG's are safely stowed into the BMW's built in "skibag", accessible via the trunk.

[Quote=Phil Barnes]

The Eurotour F3K contest in the states idea is interesting. Why July or August? Why would that get more interest from Europe? Why would Europeans come just because it is a Eurotour event? There are so many contests in Europe they can choose and they only need to attend a few to get full Eurotour points. Maybe they would be coming in an attempt to get an easy Eurotour win, but again, there are so many Eurotour events in Europe that they could find a few easier contests in Europe to attend. After all, Ralph, Roland and Schulte don't attend all of them

Our biggest contests are in June (Polecat and Poway). Third largest is in North Carolina in October. There aren't any F3K contests in July or August over here that would justify the transatlantic flight. Our larger contests have traditional dates that would be very hard or impossible to change
.[quote]

I think that the Europeans are way overdue in attending contests in the USA. As a matter of fact the European pilots mostly attend competitions in their backyard.

I have succeeded over the last few years to make people look beyond their backyards and the French F3K flyers for instance now go to competitions in Italy and Germany. Personally, I find it very rewarding to visit F3K competitions in Austria, Germany, Italy, Slowenia. It is not just a matter of winning and scoring points. The main purpose is to enjoy the flying and have fun. And believe me I do.

Flying has become very cheap - cheaper and safer than traveling by car - so everything is within reach. When in Münich for the German Open coming July, it will be a good opportunity to incite people to go and fly Poway and Carlisle in 2009, all the more that many Americans set the example by coming to Münich. If Schulte, Roland and Ralph can't make it's still allright because we can't beath them anyway
ydevriendt is offline Find More Posts by ydevriendt