HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2008, 12:29 AM
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Joined Sep 2003
933 Posts
Discussion
Flyrc Futaba Sweepstakes only valid for US citizens

Hi All,

I live in Canada and subscribe to Flyrc and also buy other various rc mags.

The latest issue of Flyrc is promoting a Futaba sweepstakes but the rules state that only US and District of Columbia Citizens can only enter the contest.

I e-mailed Flyrc customer support yesterday but haven't received a reply yet.

My point is I support Flyrc with a subscription and have bought Futaba products so how come Canadian Citizens are disqualified from entering the contest?

Thanks,

Gord.
gwong is offline Find More Posts by gwong
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2008, 08:03 AM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,449 Posts
Don't know Gord, unless there are legal restrictions placed by the U.S., Canada or one of its provinces or perhaps by Futaba themselves.

I would think that it would make zero difference where on lives as long as you are a subscriber or have bought the magazine.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
If you are willing to pay the import duties, then there should be no problems. But most contests and promotions like this are subject to the same terms.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old May 27, 2008, 11:01 PM
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Joined Sep 2003
933 Posts
Well Gents,

Looks like the Canadian Gov't puts a damper on this....

Thank you for contacting us. We're sorry sorry that you’re not able to enter the sweepstakes. When we researched it, there seemed to be various Canadian sweepstakes statutes, including regional ones, and compliance was unclear to us, so we were forced to limit participation. Hopefully with the next sweepstakes we'll be able to include Canadian entries. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us

Cheers,

Gord.
gwong is offline Find More Posts by gwong