Old May 22, 2008, 11:08 AM
USA, NE, Minden
Joined May 2008
148 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone Spitfire and Hobbyzone Supercub Transmitters

Hello,

I have a very "noob" question I'm sure

I just got into RC aircraft and I LOVE IT! I started with a supercub and have now moved up to the parkzone spitfire which is tons of fun!! My question is, can I use the spitfire transmitter to fly the supercub? They are on the same frequency. What would I need to buy or need to do to make this work? Keep in mind I am very new to the world of RC

Thanks for your help!!
rohdem is offline Find More Posts by rohdem
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,679 Posts
The SuperCub uses the proprietary 5-wire servos, while the Spitfire uses the industry standard 3-wire units. To fly the SuperCub using the Spitfire transmitter, you would need to replace the ESC/Receiver and the two servos. If you don't have any problems with your SC, its probably not worth the effort.

If you are looking toward the future and want to stay with the ParkZone planes, a great plane for you to consider next is the Typhoon. The Typhoon comes with a very nice 6-channel transmitter that can be used to fly numerous planes. Extra receivers are around $26. If you plan on going to brushless motors and LiPo batteries, its a chaep way to outfit your whole hangar. I currently have six planes that I fly with the Typhoon transmitter, including two that are equipped with retractable landing gear.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L
Old May 22, 2008, 04:59 PM
High Wycombe, UK
Joined Apr 2008
439 Posts
Even though the RX is wired differently, Im pretty sure the TX is the same, you should be able to use either TX on either model if their on the same frequency.

Im using my spare Parkzone TX to fly my HZ Swift, it's basically just the same and works because the frequency is the same.
Radweld is offline Find More Posts by Radweld
Old May 22, 2008, 05:17 PM
USA, NE, Minden
Joined May 2008
148 Posts
Thanks for your responses. I was kind of hoping that since they were the same frequency, it would just work with no problems, but I turn on the Spit Transmitter and plug in the battery for the SC, no responses from any inputs on the Spit Transmitter. Not a huge deal, just would be nice to only carry around one transmitter.
Old May 23, 2008, 02:27 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,373 Posts
Are they on exactly the same frequency? Or is it just the first couple of digits that are the same? My guess is that the last couple of digits will be different.

The other difference you may find (if you did get it to work) is that one of the controls may move in the 'wrong' direction. Better transmitters allow you to reverse channels and a 'computer' radio will remember the settings for a number of models.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old May 23, 2008, 03:04 PM
USA, NE, Minden
Joined May 2008
148 Posts
Actually, yes they are the exact same frequency. The transmitters look very similar, both are single stick with a slider on the left for throttle. I did a little more testing, if I turn both transmitters on at once, the control surfaces on the SC start twitching, so the Spit transmitter must be interfering with the signal.....when I turn the Spit Transmitter off, it stops.
Old May 23, 2008, 06:02 PM
Frederick Maryland USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,042 Posts
I think that the newer Z10 radio system advertises that it uses 10-bits of information for 1024 levels of response (probably more like a decent quality standard system). The older systems are cruder although how many bits is not specified. Even if your radios are the same frequency I doubt they are speaking the same language.
Duetto is offline Find More Posts by Duetto
Old May 23, 2008, 07:04 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I believe the new ParkZone 3 wire stuff WILL work with a different brand RX as long as it's "single-conversion" (PPM) and from what I've read, negative shift (but Berg and VampowerPro will work on positive or negative so no worries there).

Just be careful to get the same freq (27 Mhz or 72 Mhz) since ALL of these ParkZone controllers from the 3-channel to the 5-channel, 27 or 72 are ALL called ZX10 Transmitters. How confusing!!!
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)