|May 22, 2008, 08:58 AM|
Oh boys, there's a lot of work involved in this...
Josť Bruzual of ECM is really not going to make money with this!
I've read tons of threads about composite construction and molding, all the SG threads, JosŤ's thread about his beta version and so on.
So since i wanted badly that Apogee i had to scratchbuild it cause I am a scratchbuilder but if you don't have time...:
Last year i built the beta version wich was flying well but was a bit overweight
(about 135g...145g after lots of crashes)
With the beta under my belt i could see what to improve or to try.
I changed about everything...kevlar pod instead of FG, core materials, glassed depron tailfeathers instead of balsa, V-mount instead of two parts stab and 0,5mm carbon pushrods instead of dyneema and elastic.
And I struggled to achieve those weights wich are far from perfection anyway
Now that is final assembly time i feel very pleased of my work and i feel very confident about results.
I'm looking forward to post some completed photos and maiden shots as well.
ImagesView all Images in thread