HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 21, 2008, 08:38 AM
Joined Jul 2007
8,680 Posts
Discussion
Adelaide & sa flying & chat

I fly usually at Concorde Club near Angle Vale or in the park infront of my home. Can only use small planes at home or the little T-Rex 450. Where do you fly?
Zootster is offline Find More Posts by Zootster
Last edited by Zootster; Nov 08, 2010 at 02:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2008, 08:41 AM
Joined Dec 2007
31 Posts
Vic racecourse, ssl park, hallett cove and Maslins.

Mostly gliders, but I have some park flyers also.
UgLyPuNk is offline Find More Posts by UgLyPuNk
Old May 21, 2008, 09:48 AM
Australia, SA, Elizabeth Downs
Joined Mar 2007
1,163 Posts
Hi
fly mainly my Rexy at local school oval and front yard
Use to slope at hallett cove but the bloody south westerlies would rack off as soon as I showed up and its a long drive
Wozza
Au_Wozza is offline Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Old May 21, 2008, 04:01 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,680 Posts
Hey Wozza, have u flown the F-5 yet?
Zootster is offline Find More Posts by Zootster
Old May 21, 2008, 04:43 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,066 Posts
Hi all
I fly behind the big basketball stadium in Beverley. Dont know what its called though. I am also going to check out Cheltenham racecourse on the weekend if there's no racing going on there. I am addicted to foam parkflyers and am not a member of any clubs.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Last edited by ozzi supercub; May 24, 2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old May 21, 2008, 06:30 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jun 2004
206 Posts
Hiya, I fly electrics at Holdfast MAC and Doncaster MAC in Melbourne (my wife works there 3 months of the year, I just have fun). I fly indoor EPP planks and helis at the Hub every Sunday morning and ETSA park once a month. I fly slope, mostly at Hallets and Tapanappa. I also fly on an oval in front of my house at Flagstaff Hill. I have 3 aerial photography models, 10 helis, 24 electrics (up to 6Kg) and 12 gliders (I'm retired!), Andy
Gadgetman is offline Find More Posts by Gadgetman
Old May 21, 2008, 08:08 PM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
3,038 Posts
Hey all. I fly slopers. Tried electrics way back, with a speed 600, 7.2v buggy pack, 2m glider combo. Less than ok and haven't tried since. The newer stuff looks cool tho. I'm currently abusing a CS PC9, Weasel and DJ Chrysalis. have a pile of wooden things in the shed that Ill prolly never use (unless anyone wants RE combat???!). I don't fly regularly anymore but that would change if I had some company. Not in any clubs. I'm about to embark on the project of teaching my dad to fly RC after his threatening to do it all these years. Could be interesting. I live in Seaton and fly on the cliffs at the mid coast . Hallet cove SW , Fryer st W-WNW, Refinery cliffs NW, Seaford W-WSW, Snapper Point N, Sellicks W, The Bluff VH SW. And some little sanddunes about 8' at Tennyson W. Got lots of bases covered in Adelaide. I dont fly at Maslins because of the Hang gliders using Ochre Point. I'm a PG pilot so the foam often gets to come for a ride and maybe a fly if its blown out. I really want to try to lose my DS virginity, looks like fun. I was in Byron Bay watching Ezza with his reaper doing 180mph, awesome stuff. But I cant think of anywhere around here suitable. Hallett Hill in mid north might be ok.
Seeya on a slope some time, simon
gizzo is offline Find More Posts by gizzo
Old May 21, 2008, 08:55 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jun 2004
206 Posts
Can I suggest that 2 worthwhile Stickies (I don't know how to do that) at the start of this thread would be 'Slope Soaring Sites', with perhaps GPS coordinates. If you go on Google Earth and make your way to a favorite spot, you can just read off the co-ordinates. I'd add to Simon's list Mt Terrible (magnificent) and Sturt Gorge (EPP only) on a Northerly, Sellicks Hill behind the pub SE, Pumping Station NW. Another sticky would be 'Indoor Flying' which would list ETSA park, Ingle Farm, Mt Barker, Goolwa, Seaford and The Hub events, dates and times. These stickies would be very valuable for fellow RCGroups people visiting SA, cheers, Andy
Gadgetman is offline Find More Posts by Gadgetman
Old May 21, 2008, 10:10 PM
gawler, South Australia
Joined Jul 2006
3,672 Posts
Hi Guys

I am with the Zootster at concorde and any local park, Zootster and myself would like to extend a invite to all to come and enjoy a fly at concorde.
rcozstyle is offline Find More Posts by rcozstyle
Old May 21, 2008, 10:49 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
I fly mainly around the corner from my house at the Kilburn Sports Field. Now the footy season is back you have to get in early if theres a local game on.

Just joined up with the Concorde club and have been going there of late on weekends.

Monarto is a great club but a heck of a drive if the weather isn't right.
I'm hoping for some great weather for the upcoming Jet Action weekend! I won't be flying but am looking forward to the event.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 21, 2008, 11:06 PM
Australia, SA, Elizabeth Downs
Joined Mar 2007
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster
Hey Wozza, have u flown the F-5 yet?
Hi Mate
Not yet,have taxied her but thats all
Wozza
Au_Wozza is offline Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Old May 22, 2008, 12:24 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
Wozza, it looks huge in the air. It flies really well too. If I wasn't focused on my Hawks I would have snapped it up myself! I think you'll enjoy it.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 22, 2008, 03:08 AM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
3,038 Posts
Hmmm, any more tips on finding the SE Sellicks site? Had no idea it was there. Do you head up Old Sellicks Hill rd past the quarry?
gizzo is offline Find More Posts by gizzo
Old May 22, 2008, 03:38 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,066 Posts
I have a day off tomorrow and will be maidening my f-18 and combat delta at the Flinders Park footy club across from my house. Wish me luck.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old May 22, 2008, 04:15 AM
gawler, South Australia
Joined Jul 2006
3,672 Posts
good luck
rcozstyle is offline Find More Posts by rcozstyle
Closed Thread