SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 13, 2010, 07:49 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,277 Posts
I finally decided to try the APC 10x7 prop thats been in the drawer for a while. After reaming it out to fit the prop adapter I find that there is about an 1/8" gap between the prop hub and the adapter with it tightened down (stock setup). Should I be using the APC 10x7E or is there a spacer required? Nothing in the prop package fits the adapter. Basically need a thicker prop hub.
Rick
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2010, 07:53 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyhead View Post
I finally decided to try the APC 10x7 prop thats been in the drawer for a while. After reaming it out to fit the prop adapter I find that there is about an 1/8" gap between the prop hub and the adapter with it tightened down (stock setup). Should I be using the APC 10x7E or is there a spacer required? Nothing in the prop package fits the adapter. Basically need a thicker prop hub.
Rick
Thats why I dont use the stock prop adapter on any of mine. Youre stuck with stock props or come up with a washer setup of some kind. I experimented but didnt like any of the setups I came up with.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Mar 13, 2010, 07:53 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Rick
Buy a normal collet. I have no idea why Park Zone used the stupid collet they did, other than to keep people from buying props besides theirs.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Mar 13, 2010, 07:54 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
Buy a normal collet. I have no idea why Park Zone used the stupid collet they did, other than to keep people from buying props besides theirs.
Yep you nailed it on the head there
Old Mar 13, 2010, 08:00 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,277 Posts
Sounds simple enough. Thanks for the info.
While were on the motor subject, several flights ago I could here a noticable growl at lower rpms. Seemed to fade away above half throttle. I swapped stock motors and the growl went away. The only difference on the meter was a .5 amp more draw on the non-growler with 3-4 more watts. Not concerned. Just curious.
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Mar 13, 2010, 08:12 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
Just a quick question for those that are flying their T28’s with the Dx7 transmitter… and I realize I could post this in the radio section but since it does in fact pertain to our beloved T28, I figured you whom have taught us all so much with the wealth of knowledge & experience could offer a word here.

I just bought a Dx7 and have a single receiver, a AR6100e… I bound it and flew it and it flew great like she should … but, when I took the receiver out to plop in into my other PZ Warbird, I had to rebind it to fly it… then put it back in the T28 and had to do it again (bind it)… is that normal?

I need to buy a few more receivers to have one in ea bird, but I thought once the receiver was bound to the transmitter (regardless of which plane it was in) it didn’t need to be bound again, and again…

Any thoughts?

-Mark
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Mar 13, 2010, 08:23 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,631 Posts
You can get them brand new for $40 at BigSkyHobby.com
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Old Mar 13, 2010, 08:43 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
Just a quick question for those that are flying their T28’s with the Dx7 transmitter… and I realize I could post this in the radio section but since it does in fact pertain to our beloved T28, I figured you whom have taught us all so much with the wealth of knowledge & experience could offer a word here.

I just bought a Dx7 and have a single receiver, a AR6100e… I bound it and flew it and it flew great like she should … but, when I took the receiver out to plop in into my other PZ Warbird, I had to rebind it to fly it… then put it back in the T28 and had to do it again (bind it)… is that normal?

I need to buy a few more receivers to have one in ea bird, but I thought once the receiver was bound to the transmitter (regardless of which plane it was in) it didn’t need to be bound again, and again…

Any thoughts?

-Mark
If you are flying on the same "model name" on the tx you should NOT have to rebind but if you are switching the rx and then switching from "T28" to lets just say "F4U Corsair" on the tx you WILL have to rebind. Its called model match on the tx and is designed to keep you from flying the wrong model with different trims and control directions by accident when using multiple planes and rx's with the same tx. Make sense?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:19 PM
Joined Feb 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Rick
just take electrical tape and do even wounds around the prop shaft until the prop fits snug...thats what i use and then i stick the prop on and use a razor plade to cut the access off so the spinner will screw all the way up to the prop
gr1ffstr is offline Find More Posts by gr1ffstr
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:21 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
yes sir flyboy, just like you said, $40 ea shipped, pretty decent... looks like I am gonna have to order up a couple here tonight

thanks!

-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy321 View Post
You can get them brand new for $40 at BigSkyHobby.com
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:22 PM
Joined Feb 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Not real happy with HC right now. Still waiting on a small order shipped 2/21/10
ditto...i did however recieve an email saying they were behind because of some hong kong holiday
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:25 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
thanks Fixx...

I'm a little slow on some of this stuff so let me rephrase this (sorry for the duplicated question)

so in the case where I used a different plane ‘profile’ for each… plane #1 was the T28 and plane #2 was the Corsair… after I have gone through the binding ritual for each plane (moving the rx between the two), then I shouldn't have to rebind them the second time...?

-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
If you are flying on the same "model name" on the tx you should NOT have to rebind but if you are switching the rx and then switching from "T28" to lets just say "F4U Corsair" on the tx you WILL have to rebind. Its called model match on the tx and is designed to keep you from flying the wrong model with different trims and control directions by accident when using multiple planes and rx's with the same tx. Make sense?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:27 PM
Joined Feb 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam28 View Post
All,

Not sure where else to post, just a heads up, I recently received my credit card bill and there was a foreign transaction fee. It turns out that based on a recent order from HobbyKing PayPal passed on this charge. I called my credit card company and they confirmed it was PayPal. This was the first time I saw this charge as I have ordered many times before from HobbyKing using PayPal. I plan to call PayPal.

Thanks.
was it like 1% because you get charged 1% if you pay using credit card instead of a bank account set up through paypal
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:42 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
thanks Fixx...

I'm a little slow on some of this stuff so let me rephrase this (sorry for the duplicated question)

so in the case where I used a different plane ‘profile’ for each… plane #1 was the T28 and plane #2 was the Corsair… after I have gone through the binding ritual for each plane (moving the rx between the two), then I shouldn't have to rebind them the second time...?

-Mark
No, you will still have to rebind. The bind is only good for one plane at a time. I guess what Im saying is one rx bound on T28 is only good for T28. When you switch the rx to the second plane, you will have to rebind it when you switch the profile on the tx over to the other model.
IF all the controls are the same direction and travels, expo, and everything else is identical you could switch the rx to the other plane and leave the tx on the first model and fly without rebinding but thats very rare when all the trims and everything are identical. Im afraid your stuck rebinding until you get the second rx. The system is set up for multiple planes AND multiple rx's Is that clearer?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:45 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Quote:
thanks Fixx...

-Mark
You will have to rebind it everytime. They have what the call Model Match that keeps you from flying the wrong plane with the wrong 'profile'. I know you know that you are flying the right plane, but the electronics only know the rules that were programmed in it. It may seem silly to you right now, but as soon as it saves one of your planes from a potential reversed aileron servo or something, you will thank it.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G