SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2010, 07:03 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
You can buy props direct from APC and the prices are in line with many LHS.
I took your advice and ordered six new props to try. I got some 9x9, 10x10 and 12x12 APCe props from Tower. 6 Props for almost 1/2 what my LHS charges for them.

I think the 9x9 will be good for the 4S setup, the 10x10 and 12x12 will go on a lower kv 3S setup I have in another T28.

Should be fun.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2010, 07:09 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofevr View Post
here is my friend tearing up his stock trojan!! He really starts to hate the plane about 4:20 in, even clips a tree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vF4xT-f74
WOW !!

That is incredible flying.... the inverted 30 foot diameter circuits at 7 feet off the ground were a first. Very impressive control and an unbelievable recovery after the wing clip. Nice one

Toppers
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Feb 08, 2010, 07:46 PM
Alberta
Joined Mar 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
Hi 333,

I don't have direct experience with a 10x5, but if I had to guess, I think it would be like the Corsair 3-blade (9x7), slower but with more thrust. I regularly fly the 3-blade and like the slow speed authority the extra thrust provides. The speed is plenty for my flying.

Give it a whirl and let us know.

Toppers
Thanks for the reply Toppers. I screwed up and drilled the prop out of center a little and wasn't happy as it vibrated alot at 3/4 throttle, so needless to say I never tried it and stuck to the stock prop and did alot of super slow flying just off the ground. It is sooooo stable, I love it. One cool thing today was an eagle that chased my plane and my sons mustang around for a few minutes. Kept us entertained anyway.
tre33 is offline Find More Posts by tre33
Old Feb 08, 2010, 10:59 PM
Joined Aug 2005
180 Posts
Blue Lipo 2650mAh?

Hey guys, I've been hearing good things about the blue lipo batteries. I like to try some on my new T28-D. But the only thing they have left in stock now are the Blue Lipo 3-Cell 2650mAh 3S1P 11.1v 25C. Can you guys advise me if the that battery would be ok for my Trojan? Or would that be too much juice, or too heavy. Thanks in advance.
lamcam is offline Find More Posts by lamcam
Old Feb 08, 2010, 11:14 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamcam View Post
Hey guys, I've been hearing good things about the blue lipo batteries. I like to try some on my new T28-D. But the only thing they have left in stock now are the Blue Lipo 3-Cell 2650mAh 3S1P 11.1v 25C. Can you guys advise me if the that battery would be ok for my Trojan? Or would that be too much juice, or too heavy. Thanks in advance.
It would probably work just fine. I run 2650 and 3000 in mine. You just have to move it back to maintain CG.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2010, 11:28 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamcam View Post
It should be fine, the weight difference isn't going to greatly affect the flying characteristics of th T28 provided you adjust to the the current CoG your using.

I've flown my T28s on 2100,2200,2650 and 3000mAh 3S batteries along with 2200 ans 2650mAh 4S batteries. All of them (while slightly different) flew great without an issue. However, I can tell a difference with bigger batteries, after hundreds of flights on a T28 I can tell if there's even a small change in the setup but again, it still flies great.

As far as "too much juice" that depends on your current configuration and the quality of the "Blue LiPo". Some batteries like the Hyperion G3 (CX/VX) will maintain higher voltage curves throughout a flight, even at initial peak loads, so if these particular batteries hold voltage better than your current batteries and your already pushing your ESC/Motor thresholds then they might have "too much juice". I seriously doubt they will be an issue though.

For example: if your current battery produces 25a at 262watts then your cell voltage at that point is around 10.5. If the "Blue LiPo holds 11.1 volts with the same setup then you'll be producing considerably more watts/amps than your current pack and may exceed your ESC/Motor rating. These numbers are just examples (not actual data) to demonstrate the advantage of better batteries but, I think you get the picture.

The only way to know for sure is to use a watt-meter or data logging device that will show you what your actually drawing. I think you'll be ok though, as long as you don't over prop.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Feb 09, 2010, 04:52 AM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Ok Guys

Need some advice or links to pages that has this info.

Iam looking at making some mods to the Trojan.

1. Install Retracts - installation ideas , best ones etc.
2. Flaps
3. Landing Lights LED

I know there is a few link on the first page but Iam sure there is a alot more idea and and information on people doing these things so can you guys give me some insight

Cheers

Matt
grizzlymatt is offline Find More Posts by grizzlymatt
Old Feb 09, 2010, 08:45 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymatt View Post
Ok Guys

2. Flaps
3. Landing Lights LED

I know there is a few link on the first page but Iam sure there is a alot more idea and and information on people doing these things so can you guys give me some insight

Cheers

Matt
Try the search button.... also search on youtube.
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Feb 09, 2010, 09:51 AM
Joined Jan 2008
113 Posts
Quote:
WOW !!

That is incredible flying.... the inverted 30 foot diameter circuits at 7 feet off the ground were a first. Very impressive control and an unbelievable recovery after the wing clip. Nice one

Toppers
It was actually the vertical stab that got hooked. Here is a pic.

Here in about a week or so we will be shooting more video but we expect it to be the death of this bird so I will post when done
nitrofevr is offline Find More Posts by nitrofevr
Old Feb 09, 2010, 05:56 PM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Quote:
Try the search button.... also search on youtube.
I knew I would get that response.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:34 AM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,145 Posts
There's a retracts thread for the t28 on the warbird board.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:02 AM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belem View Post
There's a retracts thread for the t28 on the warbird board.
Thanks just what Iam looking for
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:10 AM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymatt View Post
Ok Guys

2. Flaps
3. Landing Lights LED

Matt.. here are a few build vids of I did on retracts and flaps for both my T28D and Corsair. If you go to my youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/IEATSRT and search through all my vids you will find all 6 videos. I didn't do flaps for the trojan in the vid but the corsair I demonstrated how to build flaps... feel free to ask away or pm me if you have any questions... hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT8_swfU-70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=215XTB9Gz2g
Matt
Brandon
IEATSRT is online now Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Last edited by IEATSRT; Feb 10, 2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 05:47 PM
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
Hi guys would this motor be a good replacement for the stock motor while still using the stock esc and motor mount. If not what would you reccomend. http://www.hobbypartz.com/alpha-480-...ess-motor.html
nathan3009 is offline Find More Posts by nathan3009
Old Feb 10, 2010, 05:50 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,662 Posts
ok guys, I finally got my T-28 back together after it's last unfortunate meeting with the ground. The one that resulted in a lipo fire which consumed my souped up power system and the better part of a fuselage...

Anyway, here is a vid that I shot from the plane yesterday in Red Hook, Brooklyn. She's back to the stock power system, and flies like a pig with my big old Sony cybershot strapped to the top, but it was a fun day nonetheless.

T-28 Flying over Red Hook, Brooklyn NY (7 min 7 sec)
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Last edited by Irg; Feb 10, 2010 at 05:55 PM.