HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:13 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre33 View Post
After a great day of flyin I have a question for the group. Wanting to get faster rolls I increased the travel adjustment on the ailerons to 125%(DX6i) This did help but would like it even faster. I have now moved the clevis to the bottom hole of the control as in the pic's. This seems to give me almost another 1/4" of movement. Seems to move pretty fast too, maybe I need some exponential now.Am I crazy to try this or has someone else already done this who could give me some advice?
Not crazy.. I did this a long time ago on both my corsair and t28.. maxed mechanically and on the radio. when I upgraded servos to HS65 it was a bit too drastic so backed it off some. I fly with +25 expo all the time also....

If my memory serves me correct in this vid I had everything maxed... it is from this past summer. You can see it has a pretty good roll rate but not unmanagable. Plane has come a long way since this vid and is not one of my favorites at about 700 watts with retracts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWTpUqXqEbs
IEATSRT is offline Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Last edited by IEATSRT; Feb 02, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:16 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I finally maidened my T-28 today. I got it for christmas and it sat in the box until last week when I put it together. I ordered some 2200mah 3s 30c batteries and was waiting to get them before I flew my T-28 but I just couldn't wait any longer so I dug out an old 2200mah 3s 15c battery that I have not used in months. I charged up the battery and did a range test. All was well so I took her up. Once I trimmed it out I had a grin on my face from ear to ear. I think I'm in love.
Congrats!!!
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:16 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Hi all, well i have tried a little research and i am just super confused it seems most talk about 3 blade props is on non stock motors

i am doing an order from Hobby King and i want to try a 3 blade prop on my dead stock T-28D, so what prop should i get? #

10X5
10X7
11X7

or is there another i should be looking at?

anything else i should know before i fly with a 3 blade?

cheers and thanks, chuck

PS also want to pick up a 2 blade prop, they are so cheap, so what size is the stock prop too please?
Chuck.... I have never measured the there blades on a stock system.. however, it is my understanding that the 3 blades give more thrust and sacrifice speed. For that reason I wouldn't bother with the 10x5. I would go with the 11x7x3 or an 11x8x3 if I were you. An 11x8 2 blade APCe prop should work great also
Last edited by IEATSRT; Feb 01, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:21 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
Couple of questions:

First: I am fitting my second Trojan with a 3536C Turnigy 1450Kv motor. I will be using 3300Mah 30C batteries with this one.
Should I still get a 40a ESC, or should I move up to 60a?

(I currently have a Turnigy 1100Kv on my first Trojan, with a 40a ESC, I am wondering if 1450Kvs requires more a's in the ESC than 1100Kvs)

Second: Trojans come with AR500 rx's. Is it worth considering 6200's as an upgrade? The reason I am considering them is because I have experienced a brown out with the AR500 that made me lose a fuselage. Just would like to avoid that sort of thing again.

tmsn... if your anything like me.... eventually you will out grow the 3S 30C with upgraded motor and want even more. I did this with my power 25... it was faster... and better.. but not wow factor. I had put this motor in both my corsair and t28 and went with power 25 and phoenix 45. Then when I wanted more... I had to upgrade esc's again... so now I'm on the phoenix 80. If you are ever planning on going 4s go with the 60 amp... should be plenty. I ended up spending about an extra $300 on ESC's where I could have went with a bigger one in the first place and it would have cost me about $20 more. With that system though you should be ok on the 40 amp if your not planning on ever pushing it harder... might want to plug it into a calculator though...

http://www.brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp

As for the AR500 brown out.. if you want install an external bec and should solve the problem.. cheaper than an AR6200. Here is an interesting video about spektrum technology and a bit about brownouts.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwnM9pBH9QM Castle creations makes a good one for about $20.00 or so. If you are planning on modding flaps.. and some day in the future retracts you'll need the bec and AR6200.
Last edited by IEATSRT; Feb 01, 2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2010, 12:07 AM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Feb 2005
110 Posts
Quote:
Hi all, well i have tried a little research and i am just super confused it seems most talk about 3 blade props is on non stock motors

i am doing an order from Hobby King and i want to try a 3 blade prop on my dead stock T-28D, so what prop should i get? #

10X5
10X7
11X7

or is there another i should be looking at?

anything else i should know before i fly with a 3 blade?

cheers and thanks, chuck

PS also want to pick up a 2 blade prop, they are so cheap, so what size is the stock prop too please?

The stock prop is 9.5x7.5 - i cant answer anything else for ya tho - someone will chime in =)
danhfvcsd is offline Find More Posts by danhfvcsd
Old Feb 02, 2010, 01:11 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,406 Posts
thanks for that guys, have been told to ask Carlos so hopefully will find out the best 3 blade, for the stock motor from him here tonight if not i'll PM him

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Feb 02, 2010, 04:41 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
thanks for that guys, have been told to ask Carlos so hopefully will find out the best 3 blade, for the stock motor from him here tonight if not i'll PM him

cheers chuck
Just go back a few pages and you will see which one

Here!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7259&page=1181
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Feb 02, 2010, 05:38 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000 View Post
Just go back a few pages and you will see which one

Here!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7259&page=1181
hahaha Carlos that took me to "This!" page hahaha

i have looked back tried using the search but it seems everyone is always talking about having a different ESC and Motor, i just want one for my stock plane, i'm not interested in speed, i like more scale type flying myself

cheers chuck

PS Carlos that was a good vid from the other day with you flying low around your field
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Feb 02, 2010, 09:17 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,000 Posts
Quote:
hahaha Carlos that took me to "This!" page hahaha

i have looked back tried using the search but it seems everyone is always talking about having a different ESC and Motor, i just want one for my stock plane, i'm not interested in speed, i like more scale type flying myself

cheers chuck

PS Carlos that was a good vid from the other day with you flying low around your field
Hey Chuck, I found this
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1159972
FIXXIN2FLY is online now Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Feb 02, 2010, 09:47 AM
I call it a creative landing
Texas Hill Country
Joined Jan 2010
32 Posts
Rudder Tape

Hi guys,

i am new to the hobby and this forum, and just recently purchased a pre-owned T-28. I actually went a little nuts and picked up 3 planes over a couple days, bringing my total to 5. I have been poring over the forums for a few weeks, picking up tips and tricks, and I have a question about the tape on the rudder of the T-28. The plane I purchased has not been flown for a year, and today when I bound it to a radio and checked the control surfaces, I discovered the tape which connect the rudder to the tail section is peeling off. It appears this is because the tape is old. There is orange over-spray on the tape which leads me to believe this is the original tape.
In this thread, and some others I have searched, I have read that some recommend using Blendum, hinge tape, and if I remember correctly, packaging tape.

Is one better than the other from a strength, longevity and aesthetics perspective?

From the description of the blendum tape, I haven't seen it yet, it sounds like this is a fabric tape. Does the blendum tape detract from the appearance?

I realize that I will probably wad the plane, but after seeing what some members have done (i.e. rivets), I would like the option to paint it and add some finishing touches to improve the appearance.

Thanks,

Scott
scottxxxxx is offline Find More Posts by scottxxxxx
Old Feb 02, 2010, 10:15 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,380 Posts
It's spelled Blenderm and made by 3M - you'll get better Google results with that spelling I think. It's really good - sticks great and is flexible. Soft translucent plastic, not fabric. I use it a lot. Hard to find (my exp.) in pharmacies, but Dubro sells exactly same product. Ask at LHS

I never tried painting it
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Feb 02, 2010, 11:08 AM
I call it a creative landing
Texas Hill Country
Joined Jan 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
It's spelled Blenderm and made by 3M - you'll get better Google results with that spelling I think. It's really good - sticks great and is flexible. Soft translucent plastic, not fabric. I use it a lot. Hard to find (my exp.) in pharmacies, but Dubro sells exactly same product. Ask at LHS

I never tried painting it
Thanks for the reply, I found a few threads on the Blenderm tape, including a debate about whether it was discontinued or not. You are right, there does appear to be at least one alternative. Do you know if what comes stock is similar to packaging tape?
scottxxxxx is offline Find More Posts by scottxxxxx
Old Feb 02, 2010, 11:49 AM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
I wouldn't trust packing tape for hinges. I found Blenderm at my LHS just a few months back packaged as Dubro hinge tape.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Feb 02, 2010, 12:00 PM
Joined Jan 2010
7 Posts
I cracked up my t28 the other day, lost control at about 50-60 ft up and went straight in on the nose, busted the cowl, motor mount, bent the prop and split the fuselage seams in a couple of places. Superglued the seams back together and as soon as the new parts arrive in the mail I will have it back in the air. I also ordered the 3 bladed prop from the PZ F4U Corsair, think it will look more like scale and the prop is sized correctly for the motor and airframe. One thing that I wonder about is that the canopy/battery hatch seems to fit a little more snugly than before the crash, it still fits but takes just a little more pressure to install or remove it, wondering if I bent the fuselage or have hidden damage?
Peace
Spike
Spike B is offline Find More Posts by Spike B
Old Feb 02, 2010, 12:03 PM
Faith Alone...In Christ Alone
USA, AR, Brookland
Joined Sep 2008
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottxxxxx View Post
Thanks for the reply, I found a few threads on the Blenderm tape, including a debate about whether it was discontinued or not. You are right, there does appear to be at least one alternative. Do you know if what comes stock is similar to packaging tape?

hey there,

i recently used some clear packing tape on my elevator for a repair on the hinge and it worked just fine- you just have to be careful when you apply it and allow for the hinge to more freely.

i then purchased some blenderm tape off of ebay - it was only like $6 for 2 rolls shipped to me - a quick search there should yield some results -

the blenderm does not go on clear it is more translucent looking but is not bad - it seems to stick very well and gives the hinges the flexibility they need which is why i am going to use it from now on.

hope some of that helps!
faithalone is offline Find More Posts by faithalone