SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:08 AM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
No prob, Funny hes not a regular here as it seems he like his Trojan. I just dont get some folks. Either take a liking to the bird and dont seek out the places to get the best ideas/knowledge or have alot of knowledge and dont spread it around, or dont know where to spread it to. I hope Wayne finds us, I think he fits in well here.
Oh I think he is just an older fella and not too up to speed with computers and such. Heck if you'd of asked me ten years ago how to post a youtube link I wouldn't have a clue... and I'm only 30. I'm sure he'll find us and jump right in.... but your right he would fit in great here.
IEATSRT is online now Find More Posts by IEATSRT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:22 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
Oh I think he is just an older fella and not too up to speed with computers and such. Heck if you'd of asked me ten years ago how to post a youtube link I wouldn't have a clue... and I'm only 30. I'm sure he'll find us and jump right in.... but your right he would fit in great here.
Oh I know, no disrespect intended. Im 45 and struggle thru everything on this puter thing the first time but its self explanatory and un intimidating once you getter goin. Like I said no disrespect intended and look forward to chattin with him. Another brain to pick!!!
I help out alot of my club members that are "above me in age" with the puter stuff. Links are very helpful. I just send em to them and say "click on this" and they getter done. LOL showing them how to "favorite" or "bookmark" really helps alot too.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Feb 01, 2010, 04:52 AM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belem View Post
Haven't seen one of the new Texans yet. And I haven't been back to Randolph since '87, but my brother might be stationed there when he gets back from the sand.
There is a B model the Navy is flying. Only difference is cockpit avionics mods.
fuzzyhead is offline Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Feb 01, 2010, 05:46 AM
Winter is getting closer!
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyhead View Post
Turned out to be a cold, dreary day but I felt the need to fly. In the lower 30's and breezy. For us old south Texas folks thats on the dog gone cold side. Got a a 12 minute flight in before the paws froze up. Managed 10 or so landings with only a few bounces. Put 720 mah back into a 2200 mah battery flying mixed throttle. Looks like 10 minute flights are the rule. Worth the trip out despite the weather. You folks up north flying in the snow and frigid cold are my heros.
Not sure if hero's is the right word.
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Feb 01, 2010, 10:08 AM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,277 Posts
You're right. More like die hard got to fly no matter what flyers. Once you got the bug little will stop you.
fuzzyhead is offline Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Feb 01, 2010, 10:10 AM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyhead View Post
You're right. More like die hard got to fly no matter what flyers. Once you got the bug little will stop you.
When I want to go flying in the cold .... My dad calls me insane ....
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Feb 01, 2010, 01:57 PM
scunthorpe/england
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
dont now if it been suggested but ther are sum rc plane locaters like this

http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=sh...ditem&item=984

only 5g and can play tunes and u can make your own im sure i seen a siren on there (followed the stuka thread) and it checks voltage as well as plane locater and can play in flight as well
foxy29 is offline Find More Posts by foxy29
Old Feb 01, 2010, 07:57 PM
Joined Dec 2008
181 Posts
A question that's been bothering me. Just got a T-28 PNP and got it set up to fly but I'm baffled by the battery locations I see in all the posted pics. My Trojan came out of the box quite nose heavy with no battery installed. CG is about 1.5" aft of LE 1" out from fuse. In order to get it back to the 2.25" most people report preferring, I have to mount the battery as far aft of the CG as I can get it. This seems to conflict with all the pics I see which show the batteries mounted well forward of the CG, even protruding into the ESC compartment.

I'm using 2200mah Zippy 3s and a Spektrum 6100rx. Everything else is stock, no changes. Am I the only one who got a nose heavy plane?
mandoman is offline Find More Posts by mandoman
Old Feb 01, 2010, 08:02 PM
Winter is getting closer!
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoman View Post
A question that's been bothering me. Just got a T-28 PNP and got it set up to fly but I'm baffled by the battery locations I see in all the posted pics. My Trojan came out of the box quite nose heavy with no battery installed. CG is about 1.5" aft of LE 1" out from fuse. In order to get it back to the 2.25" most people report preferring, I have to mount the battery as far aft of the CG as I can get it. This seems to conflict with all the pics I see which show the batteries mounted well forward of the CG, even protruding into the ESC compartment.

I'm using 2200mah Zippy 3s and a Spektrum 6100rx. Everything else is stock, no changes. Am I the only one who got a nose heavy plane?
can you take a pic of your battery location?
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Feb 01, 2010, 08:14 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Couple of questions:

First: I am fitting my second Trojan with a 3536C Turnigy 1450Kv motor. I will be using 3300Mah 30C batteries with this one.
Should I still get a 40a ESC, or should I move up to 60a?

(I currently have a Turnigy 1100Kv on my first Trojan, with a 40a ESC, I am wondering if 1450Kvs requires more a's in the ESC than 1100Kvs)

Second: Trojans come with AR500 rx's. Is it worth considering 6200's as an upgrade? The reason I am considering them is because I have experienced a brown out with the AR500 that made me lose a fuselage. Just would like to avoid that sort of thing again.
tmsn is online now Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Feb 01, 2010, 08:22 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,604 Posts
Out of the box my plane was nose heavy too. Once I put the receiver battery in place back where the indentation is, that sort of evened everything out.

I noticed that my ParkZone battery can fit either vertically or horizonitally in the battery space. I place my horizonitally so that I can slide it a bit further into the area behind the engine. This gives me the best balance.

-Stone
Stone1295 is online now Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Feb 01, 2010, 08:34 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoman View Post

I have 1oz of lead on the tail (horizontal stab) and secure my battery 1" into the foam bumps towards the RX tray (space). The forward end of the battery is barely under the 'foam bridge'.

I substituted the motor for a Turnigy 35-30 SK 1100kV but otherwise stock.
Toppers is online now Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:27 PM
Alberta
Joined Mar 2009
18 Posts
After a great day of flyin I have a question for the group. Wanting to get faster rolls I increased the travel adjustment on the ailerons to 125%(DX6i) This did help but would like it even faster. I have now moved the clevis to the bottom hole of the control as in the pic's. This seems to give me almost another 1/4" of movement. Seems to move pretty fast too, maybe I need some exponential now.Am I crazy to try this or has someone else already done this who could give me some advice?
tre33 is offline Find More Posts by tre33
Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:56 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,428 Posts
Hi all, well i have tried a little research and i am just super confused it seems most talk about 3 blade props is on non stock motors

i am doing an order from Hobby King and i want to try a 3 blade prop on my dead stock T-28D, so what prop should i get? #

10X5
10X7
11X7

or is there another i should be looking at?

anything else i should know before i fly with a 3 blade?

cheers and thanks, chuck

PS also want to pick up a 2 blade prop, they are so cheap, so what size is the stock prop too please?
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Feb 01, 2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: want more info
Old Feb 01, 2010, 10:52 PM
Foamies are my homies!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
401 Posts
I finally maidened my T-28 today. I got it for christmas and it sat in the box until last week when I put it together. I ordered some 2200mah 3s 30c batteries and was waiting to get them before I flew my T-28 but I just couldn't wait any longer so I dug out an old 2200mah 3s 15c battery that I have not used in months. I charged up the battery and did a range test. All was well so I took her up. Once I trimmed it out I had a grin on my face from ear to ear. I think I'm in love.
Captain Ron is offline Find More Posts by Captain Ron