HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
Certified ground locator.
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Nov 2008
167 Posts
crashed and burned a few months ago. Rebuilding brand new today. all the electronics survived except 1 servo. can i use an eflite s75 in its place?
Ompapamowmow is offline Find More Posts by Ompapamowmow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:44 AM
Faith Alone...In Christ Alone
USA, AR, Brookland
Joined Sep 2008
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ompapamowmow View Post
crashed and burned a few months ago. Rebuilding brand new today. all the electronics survived except 1 servo. can i use an eflite s75 in its place?
I just went through this this week as a matter of fact -

it depends on which servo you are talking about? if it is one of your aileron servos then it will not work unless you use a reverser on the servo because the eflite and parkzone servos go in different directions.

also if it is for the aileron you will need a 12 inch extension with the eflite as well.

if for another servo (rudder or elevator) then it should work just fine with no hassles.

good luck
faithalone is offline Find More Posts by faithalone
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:55 AM
Certified ground locator.
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Nov 2008
167 Posts
ok oh...well i have 4 of each servo and plenty of extentions. which is better the stock servos or the eflite s75?
Ompapamowmow is offline Find More Posts by Ompapamowmow
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:13 AM
USA, AR, Brookland
Joined Sep 2008
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ompapamowmow View Post
ok oh...well i have 4 of each servo and plenty of extentions. which is better the stock servos or the eflite s75?
i would prefer to stay with stock - but again this would depend on which servo is out - for example - on ailerons i always like to keep the same servo on each wing so the torque - travel etc. is the same -

if it is the rudder or elevator i woudnt mind putting another brand of servo such as the eflite in there and if necessary you can reverse it on your transmitter.

personally i also dont like to use extensions whenever i can get away with it because it is just one more point that it could possibly fail - the stock parkzone servo for the aileron comes with the long servo wires -

it is part number pkz1081

have fun
Old Jan 23, 2010, 05:25 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Feb 2005
110 Posts
Hey guys, I only get a chance to fly mainly in the late arvo, so needed a paintjob to brighten it up so I can see it better...

It's a REALLY dodgey job, totally backyarder, but it's good enough for me - I will never notice the problems when it's flying - I just need to get a better idea of orientation...

I just used "white knight" brand gloss acrylic enamel paint... 'cherry red' and 'sun yellow' - I use a sharpie to go over my rush job and cover up my lines as I didn't mask anything... I'm lazy and live in a 1bdrm aprtmt so it's easiest for me to do this way without mrs cracking it lol

The paint shop guy recommended it as I took a piece of foam in with me. I think I should have gt a decent brush tho, as the bristles on the little cheapo one I got were a bit stiff and hard to paint with... Not that I'm a picasso of any type hehehe

Anyways, sorry bout the useless blabbering, I have a habit of that... Here's my plane now

this is the picture I stole ideas from

danhfvcsd is offline Find More Posts by danhfvcsd
Old Jan 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhfvcsd View Post
Hey guys, I only get a chance to fly mainly in the late arvo, so needed a paintjob to brighten it up so I can see it better...

It's a REALLY dodgey job, totally backyarder, but it's good enough for me - I will never notice the problems when it's flying - I just need to get a better idea of orientation...

I just used "white knight" brand gloss acrylic enamel paint... 'cherry red' and 'sun yellow' - I use a sharpie to go over my rush job and cover up my lines as I didn't mask anything... I'm lazy and live in a 1bdrm aprtmt so it's easiest for me to do this way without mrs cracking it lol

The paint shop guy recommended it as I took a piece of foam in with me. I think I should have gt a decent brush tho, as the bristles on the little cheapo one I got were a bit stiff and hard to paint with... Not that I'm a picasso of any type hehehe

Anyways, sorry bout the useless blabbering, I have a habit of that... Here's my plane now
Hi Dan,

You don't do yourself justice... the top side looks awesome, the bottom side...hmm .... I prefer the top.

A great paint job to up the visability, nice one.
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Jan 23, 2010, 06:38 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Feb 2005
110 Posts
Hahaha yeah, the bottom is a bit wrank, I know lol... but I figured I'd make it 'busier' so I have no doubt which side I am looking at - I have had a few mishaps due to this problem with my eyes... One such incident just a week ago sent me into snake country, about 35 meters in, and with reeds about 7-8 feet tall - was a real Steve Irwin experience hehehe

I'm just starting out with planes, but have been playing with cars and trucks for a few years now - I'm really surprised at just how much cheaper these planes are than their land RC counterparts, I love em and am having so much fun with this Trojan...

I'm a bit of a tinkerer, so I added flaps to this aswell which are really fun to play with... I smashed the motor on a previous flight (-lol- that was a good one) so the LHS gave me a turnigy edrive 2820/07... A bit big I thought, but all he had that would fit, and it runs well and cool with an apc 10x7... I also added a taller front wheel cause I can run an 11x5.5 aswell
danhfvcsd is offline Find More Posts by danhfvcsd
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:34 PM
Winter is getting closer!
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
thanks to all who helped with battery location / CG. Flew it today. wow! what a difference, flew great. if weather holds out I will hit the sky's again tomorrow
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:38 PM
Winter is getting closer!
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Thank you ,

The T-28 is my first plane and its still going ... but now it has an Axi 2808/20.

It hauls , fastest one at the field ... not bad for a 15 year old bozo.

I am going to build a nice Leadfeather Yak 55 if the weather is bad tomorrow.
you will like the Yak! one tip, light
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Jan 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
you will like the Yak! one tip, light
I have built one before ... it was a heavy little bugger .... it never flew right.

I instead started on a big glider with an easystar wing ... I might try to tow it up with my T-28.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
thanks to all who helped with battery location / CG. Flew it today. wow! what a difference, flew great. if weather holds out I will hit the sky's again tomorrow
Glad to hear it worked out for ya.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:54 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithalone View Post
I just went through this this week as a matter of fact -

it depends on which servo you are talking about? if it is one of your aileron servos then it will not work unless you use a reverser on the servo because the eflite and parkzone servos go in different directions.

also if it is for the aileron you will need a 12 inch extension with the eflite as well.

if for another servo (rudder or elevator) then it should work just fine with no hassles.

good luck
If you use like(the same exact kind, installed facing each other) servos you do not need a reverser.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:36 AM
USA, AR, Brookland
Joined Sep 2008
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
If you use like(the same exact kind, installed facing each other) servos you do not need a reverser.

thats exactly what i was trying to say - thanks for simplifying that for me -
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:55 PM
Granby,Quebec,Canada
Joined Aug 2009
145 Posts
Hi guys...i got my new t-28d ready today..installed a 6200 rx...and adjusted everything...she is ready to fly....

I bought 2 Flightmax 2200 30c lipos....now should i set my timer to 5 minutes or more???I have no idea how long a flight will last on these lipos..

Thanks
*Voodoo* is offline Find More Posts by *Voodoo*
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:54 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,145 Posts
Stock prop and motor? Then probably closer to 7-8 minutes assuming you're not WOT 100% of the time.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem