to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:39 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Man don't stick anything in a vise!! Get a couple soft 2x4's and double them up, drill a hole in them. Let the motor case sit on the wood(softer the better) and drive the shaft down with a brass hammer then punch. I have a lip on my workbench and drive it through that hole. No nicks or scratches.
O c'mon wheres your sense of adventure?!! It works fine, good actually. Its a steady pressure vs tapping and taking a chance at bending it and jarring everything loose. Its just frightening when it breaks loose. You get that "Oh now" feeling in your belly, followed by a "whew" when you see its all good. I dont push mine anymore anyways. Just tried it once to give someone else here some advice on how it was done.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:14 PM
Joined May 2009
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
O c'mon wheres your sense of adventure?!! It works fine, good actually. Its a steady pressure vs tapping and taking a chance at bending it and jarring everything loose. Its just frightening when it breaks loose. You get that "Oh now" feeling in your belly, followed by a "whew" when you see its all good. I dont push mine anymore anyways. Just tried it once to give someone else here some advice on how it was done.
I used a deep well socket,next to motor in the vise was easy to do.also dont think about trying to remove the retaining clip,just get it out of the groove,then as you slide the motor it pushes the clip along until you get to the next groove.I used a small screw driver between the ends of clip,give it just a little turn and clip pops up on to the shaft.
my2cents is offline Find More Posts by my2cents
Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:36 PM
Soon to be CrashMasterPhil
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
702 Posts
I did the Dubro skiis today and two of them broke on soft powder landings. Time to try the floats or thoughs Canadian Aluminum Skiis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91 View Post
Yeah, I saw that. Mine wont be in the water for quite some time. The reason I did it was for the snow....Everyone does the ski's, I wanted to be a little different. I have a water plane in my blog, and I may have a Polaris soon, but I just thought the T28 looks so cool with the floats.

Buzz kill, I agree, I need some more snow so I can do some real testing. It hasnt snowed since last week and with the freeze thaw cycle, it is super crusty in the mornings and super sticky in the afternoon. Not so sure I can get a good test flight in with the floats on in either condition, But I may get a chance this weekend, if my field isnt too tracked up by morons.
divemasterphil is offline Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:49 PM
I have to land it??$#%@!!
Mc Calla, Alabama
Joined Aug 2009
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Man don't stick anything in a vise!! Get a couple soft 2x4's and double them up, drill a hole in them. Let the motor case sit on the wood(softer the better) and drive the shaft down with a brass hammer then punch. I have a lip on my workbench and drive it through that hole. No nicks or scratches.
I did the exact same thing...2 x 4's with a hole with the motor case against the wood...worked great! And I didn't have to beat on the shaft with a hammer! The vice worked very nicely...it was just that the press fit was more than I expected. I actually got this idea from someone else's suggestion on this this thread some time ago. At least I think it was here...it could have been on the Corsair thread. I figured pressing was better than beating. I have sure been wrong before.

Tom
tlewter is offline Find More Posts by tlewter
Old Dec 18, 2009, 05:44 PM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,385 Posts
Question?

I have a new big eflite 40 amp esc with pro switchmode bec. It has the wire that goes to the receiver wrapped through a small metal cylinder. I think this is to minimize interference with receiver. I used to know what that do-hickey was called. Can I remove it since I use 2.4 ghz?
NOTAR 600 is offline Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Old Dec 18, 2009, 07:45 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,266 Posts
Ferrite ring maybe. I looked at the Radios forum and there seems to be varying opinions whether or not to use them. Most say not required. Some say it can't hurt.
fuzzyhead is offline Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Last edited by fuzzyhead; Dec 18, 2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 08:33 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
flew my t28 today in 15mph wind. Though it wasnt as fun as flying in low speed wind it still did well.
DaveG99 is offline Find More Posts by DaveG99
Old Dec 18, 2009, 08:42 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
flew my t28 today in 15mph wind. Though it wasnt as fun as flying in low speed wind it still did well.
Still fun in the air as long as you are careful with the ground effects turbulence on landing huh?
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Dec 18, 2009, 08:46 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by divemasterphil View Post
I did the Dubro skiis today and two of them broke on soft powder landings. Time to try the floats or thoughs Canadian Aluminum Skiis!
I am testing mine tomorrow. The snow is crusty now, so not a powder test, but I will let you know how it goes. Though I MAY suggest other than the super cub floats because of the slight nose down attitude, even after I hogged out the rear mount as far into the wing as I dare. i will let you know for sure tomorrow afternoon sometime.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:22 AM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Still fun in the air as long as you are careful with the ground effects turbulence on landing huh?
I was actually landing like I was hovering. Pretty cool.
DaveG99 is offline Find More Posts by DaveG99
Old Dec 19, 2009, 01:01 AM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
I am testing mine tomorrow. The snow is crusty now, so not a powder test, but I will let you know how it goes. Though I MAY suggest other than the super cub floats because of the slight nose down attitude, even after I hogged out the rear mount as far into the wing as I dare. i will let you know for sure tomorrow afternoon sometime.
I flew the Dubro skis yesterday. LOTs of fun, no powder (wish there was) it was "hard" snow but, still no issues at all. Some drag was noticed but it was negligible.

Can't wait for Crystal Lake to freeze thick enough to get out on it. Set some tip-ups and fly
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,627 Posts
GOT 2 INCHES OF SNOW LAST NIGHT!!!! SKIS!!! HERE I COME!!!!!! Check my blog for the skis I just made. They were super simple and worked real good! -Tyler
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:01 AM
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Going to go test the floats now. Unfortunately someone elses maiden trumped my float maiden, so I have to fly in a different location. (Weeds too tall in the other location and the snow hasnt knocked them down yet.) I probably wont have any photos or videos to post but I will let you know who she did later.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 05:54 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Wow, who would have thought that after 7 hours, I would do a double post. Anyways, I did the Maiden of the T28 on floats. I WAS able to get photos and videos too as other flyers plans changed...so Here is the link to my blog where the pics and vid is.