HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:04 AM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
Here is my T28 at the flying field yesterday. I need to have someone video my flights now. Im actually getting good enough where its probably entertaining to watch.

DaveG99 is offline Find More Posts by DaveG99
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:21 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlewter View Post
The clips was one issue...the second was it made me really nervous to stick the motor in the vice and drive it through. The press fit was much greater than I expected. I was sure I was going to ruin the brand new motor...but really the toughest part of all, as you noted was getting that flippin clip off! However, everything worked out okay and I have been impressed with the 3536C motor. Again, as noted by others, the stock motor doesn't even compare at twice the cost.

Tom
Yea its a real treat, youre all nervous to begin with and then youre thinking "man this isnt right, it cant be this tight, OK I will tighten the vise just a little more" And then the first POP!! Your heart kinda drops out your rear end (just know I just broke it) But all is well, its just tight. I remember it well.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Dec 17, 2009, 06:28 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
went out to the field after work today and got a few flights in. My flying buddy Juan has an air force t28. Today he skimmed the top of a tree while flying upside down and lost his canopy but kept on flying and actually landed it. We found the canopy and the only damage was a few nicks on the wing. Amazingly it hit a few branches and kept on flying. Then later that day he smashed it nose first from about 10 feet up luckily going slow. No damage on that crash either. And then he stepped on his horizontal stabilizer and broke it in half. He taped it up and kept on flying. This plane is indestructible.

Also talked to an old timer who was also flying a navy t28. He used to fly T6's back in the late 40's early 50's while he was in the military. Really nice guy and he loves his t28 too.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 08:48 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,273 Posts
Been following this thread since my eventual T-28 delivery date was discovered. Should be in 7 days and a wake up. Theres been 214 posts added since the 9th. Have been quietly acquiring extra stuff I'll need. A couple new 3s-2200 25c lipos. Extra props. New rx. Just waiting for the big guy in the red suit to show up. Will keep on reading the new posts.
Rick

Dave,
I like the sign behind your truck.
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Dec 17, 2009, 09:29 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyhead View Post
Been following this thread since my eventual T-28 delivery date was discovered. Should be in 7 days and a wake up. Theres been 214 posts added since the 9th. Have been quietly acquiring extra stuff I'll need. A couple new 3s-2200 25c lipos. Extra props. New rx. Just waiting for the big guy in the red suit to show up. Will keep on reading the new posts.
Rick

Dave,
I like the sign behind your truck.
yeah it says no parking but its an area with nothing around. They built a road and planned on putting a shopping center there but its been a grass field for 6 years. Today a cop actually pulled up behind my truck and watched us fly for a bit then waved at us and left.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 09:46 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91 View Post
accidentally posted this in the other Trojan thread. Ididnt want to re-trpe everything all over again with the attachements, but I thought you guys might want to see it anyways.

Here is a hint though----Floats

look what I found...

Parkzone T 28 on Floats Flight Video (0 min 56 sec)
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:11 PM
I have to land it??$#%@!!
Mc Calla, Alabama
Joined Aug 2009
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
That was pretty cool! The take off and landing were quite good. I was wondering how the T-28 would do with floats. I would probably nose over on the landing

Tom
tlewter is offline Find More Posts by tlewter
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:17 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Let it snow!!!!

LET IT SNOW!!!! Wow love the way the T-28 looks without gear. Have another outfitted with skis. Will see how that goes too
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:38 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
LET IT SNOW!!!! Wow love the way the T-28 looks without gear. Have another outfitted with skis. Will see how that goes too
I bet it flies better without the gears too
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:41 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
I bet it flies better without the gears too
Flies pretty darn good without the gear. Cowl made a strange (but cool) noise with the gear off. Must have been increased speed
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:48 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Quote:
look what I found...
Yeah, I saw that. Mine wont be in the water for quite some time. The reason I did it was for the snow....Everyone does the ski's, I wanted to be a little different. I have a water plane in my blog, and I may have a Polaris soon, but I just thought the T28 looks so cool with the floats.

Buzz kill, I agree, I need some more snow so I can do some real testing. It hasnt snowed since last week and with the freeze thaw cycle, it is super crusty in the mornings and super sticky in the afternoon. Not so sure I can get a good test flight in with the floats on in either condition, But I may get a chance this weekend, if my field isnt too tracked up by morons.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:17 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
That looks like a great scheme / paint job! Do you have any closer photos of it?
tmsn is online now Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:19 AM
Alberta
Joined Mar 2009
18 Posts
New bird for me. Maiden with skis and flies fabulous. 4 bat's and couldn't be happier.
tre33 is offline Find More Posts by tre33
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:46 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Yea its a real treat, youre all nervous to begin with and then youre thinking "man this isnt right, it cant be this tight, OK I will tighten the vise just a little more" And then the first POP!! Your heart kinda drops out your rear end (just know I just broke it) But all is well, its just tight. I remember it well.
Man don't stick anything in a vise!! Get a couple soft 2x4's and double them up, drill a hole in them. Let the motor case sit on the wood(softer the better) and drive the shaft down with a brass hammer then punch. I have a lip on my workbench and drive it through that hole. No nicks or scratches.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:06 AM
Soon to be CrashMasterPhil
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
729 Posts
Where did you get thoughs Skiis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre33 View Post
New bird for me. Maiden with skis and flies fabulous. 4 bat's and couldn't be happier.
divemasterphil is online now Find More Posts by divemasterphil