HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2009, 08:25 PM
Joined Oct 2009
210 Posts
Small problem

Had a nose over yesterday. The prop adaptor (I think.... Small metal piece on the end of the prop shaft) is a little loose.. It will loose grip at anything about 1/2 throttle. There seems to be a grub screw in the side of it, but it's covered in pink/purple coloured glue.

What's the best way to proceed?
maxwolfie is offline Find More Posts by maxwolfie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2009, 08:26 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBoxer View Post
I am thinking of getting this charger will this adapter will work with it and allow me to charge 2 batteries at once????
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7028

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6569

Can we use a Rhino 2350mAh 3S1P 25C Lipoly Pack or is that a no no??
Thanks
Ive been researching and found this charger to be the best deal. And it comes with all your connections and power cord.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

And the batteries are cheap at hobby king but shipping takes forever! I searching for at least one battery to get my plane flying. One local hobby shop I called wanted $47 for a 2100mah 3s 25c lipo! I was like no thanks!
DaveG99 is offline Find More Posts by DaveG99
Old Dec 09, 2009, 08:30 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Eutsler View Post
Thanks for the picts very interesting Video looked good that ya had posted
I spect the velcro is on the Horizonal more or less permanently ? What name does the little camera go by ? Much Obliged te.....
The camera doesn't effect handling or performance at all, so the velcro will be staying on, the camera switches planes.

I got it from this guy... highly recommended. Here you go.... http://cgi.ebay.com/Spy-Camera-Key-C...item25575f88a4
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Dec 09, 2009, 09:10 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwolfie View Post
Small problem

Had a nose over yesterday. The prop adaptor (I think.... Small metal piece on the end of the prop shaft) is a little loose.. It will loose grip at anything about 1/2 throttle. There seems to be a grub screw in the side of it, but it's covered in pink/purple coloured glue.

Can you post a close up pic?
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Dec 09, 2009, 09:44 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Small problem

loosen the grub screw, pull the adapter off and look for the flat spot on the shaft (if there is one). Re install the adapter and tighten the grub screw up on the flat and get it as tight as you can with a quality wrench. Dont wreck the screw if at all possible. If that doesnt fix the problem you will have to file a flat on the shaft yourself to get it to hold. Youll get it.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Dec 09, 2009, 10:05 PM
Joined Oct 2009
210 Posts
Cheers - I don't how how to actually get the grub screw out though, it's covered in pink/purple epoxy-looking glue (only a small amount, but enough to not be able to see the grub screw at all.)

Should I get the glue off first (with something? Nail polish remover?) - Or just try to get the screw out (which size?)
Old Dec 09, 2009, 10:11 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Cheers - I don't how how to actually get the grub screw out though, it's covered in pink/purple epoxy-looking glue (only a small amount, but enough to not be able to see the grub screw at all.)

Should I get the glue off first (with something? Nail polish remover?) - Or just try to get the screw out (which size?)
Can you get the allen wrench in there securely. you can heat it up with the soldering iron to loosen it
Old Dec 09, 2009, 10:25 PM
Northernly Inverted
MN USA
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Ive been researching and found this charger to be the best deal. And it comes with all your connections and power cord.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

And the batteries are cheap at hobby king but shipping takes forever! I searching for at least one battery to get my plane flying. One local hobby shop I called wanted $47 for a 2100mah 3s 25c lipo! I was like no thanks!
Dave thanks for looking into this.
LouBoxer is offline Find More Posts by LouBoxer
Last edited by LouBoxer; Dec 10, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:05 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
lou that one will work. Id buy at least 2. I think Im going to place an order also.
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:11 PM
Northernly Inverted
MN USA
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
Thanks Dave
How about the charger why is it alot better for the $ ( I am trying to educated so I can justify the extra spendature but am on a tight budget as well so a $35 charger sounds better)
Also will that battery have the proper connectors as the photo doesnt show??
LouBoxer is offline Find More Posts by LouBoxer
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:26 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBoxer View Post
Thanks Dave
How about the charger why is it alot better for the $ ( I am trying to educated so I can justify the extra spendature but am on a tight budget as well so a $35 charger sounds better)
Also will that battery have the proper connectors as the photo doesnt show??
Im not sure. I know the thunder ac6 comes with a bunch of connectors and the power cord. I just needed the charger here by the weekend so I didnt want to wait for hobby king. They take forever to ship.
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:27 PM
Joined Oct 2009
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Can you get the allen wrench in there securely. you can heat it up with the soldering iron to loosen it
Cheers mate - Got it all apart. It appears that the out motor casing has a small crack in the front area, between the two grub screws. After pulling it all apart (except the rear spacer that holds it all together - I couldn't get this grub screw out - too tight!), and putting it back together, it seems as though I've eliminated the issue (for now at least)
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:36 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Cheers mate - Got it all apart. It appears that the out motor casing has a small crack in the front area, between the two grub screws. After pulling it all apart (except the rear spacer that holds it all together - I couldn't get this grub screw out - too tight!), and putting it back together, it seems as though I've eliminated the issue (for now at least)
Good, great to hear it. Yea those motor casings suck. They all crack sooner or later. Thats why I upgraded to the Turnigy 3536c 1100
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:30 AM
Joined May 2009
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Jr Spektrum is positive expo
Futaba is negative expo
Thank you all for your input. I was interested to know what you have as the stock "roll" seemed to be boring and wasn't spinning like a muther like I would have liked it to do. Maybe its not supposed to do that on stock or even this type of plane altogether.....somehting for aerobatics and extra's

I will play around with the control arms and horns and see what I can do as the rates are on 100% already !

Thx anyway
G4ORCE is offline Find More Posts by G4ORCE
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:36 AM
Joined May 2009
298 Posts
On another note....

What is the maximum C rating I can have for a stock T-28D (30A ESC) ?

I'm currently using 20C and wanted to know if I can use this instead:

Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 30C 40C burst Lipo Pack lipo battery
G4ORCE is offline Find More Posts by G4ORCE