Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:58 AM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
816 Posts
Toppers , Wonder if ya cud post a pict of the keyfob and how it is mounted ?
thanks ...te
Tom Eutsler is offline Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2009, 12:59 PM
Joined May 2009
298 Posts
Hi all

I'm planning on venturing into the realm of dual rates & expo. Can you post your settings for the T-28, I would like to see what range people are flying with.

Also, do I have to move the control rod from furthest outer hole to inner most?

So, for example you could say aileron settings are:

High rate: 100% expo +10
Low rate: 80% expo +10
All on middle hole (control horn)

N.B My T-28D is completely stock.

This was posted sometime ago and not that many responses...maybe overlooked or no interest

If you are bothered and have the time then please share

thx
G4ORCE is offline Find More Posts by G4ORCE
Old Dec 09, 2009, 02:01 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4ORCE View Post
Hi all

I'm planning on venturing into the realm of dual rates & expo. Can you post your settings for the T-28, I would like to see what range people are flying with.

This was posted sometime ago and not that many responses...maybe overlooked or no interest

thx
I have mine set as follows:

Servo furthest hole out (end of horn)
Control surfaces furthest hole in (close hole to the bottom)

This allows maximum throw. You can then set your dual rates (I dont use them or expo) according to your own skill.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Dec 09, 2009, 02:16 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,645 Posts
yeah, I agree with buzzkill.

you really have to try out different settings and see what you like. I switched to high rates after my second flight and have never looked back.

if this is the first aileron plane for you, I would suggest something like low 60 for ailerons and elevator, and high 100. having the elevator sensitivity dumbed down, especially for your first landings, is a good way to go. You might want to leave the pushrod on the elevator control horn where it is stock (one of the middle two holes I believe) until you get comfortable with it.

My ailerons are in the hole second from the inside, and the roll rate is ridiculous. It could be because I replaced the stock servos with HS 55s and the arms might be a little longer, but this thing rolls like a mother....
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Dec 09, 2009, 02:33 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Nov 2009
394 Posts
Has anyone noticed that most RC suppliers are out of stock on LIPO's? what the F? I have an order on its way from China but its taking forever! I was looking to order a couple batteries locally (USA) but most the cheaper ones are out of stock. My t28 just got here today and I have no batteries!
DaveG99 is offline Find More Posts by DaveG99
Old Dec 09, 2009, 02:57 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
yeah, I agree with buzzkill.

you really have to try out different settings and see what you like. I switched to high rates after my second flight and have never looked back.

if this is the first aileron plane for you, I would suggest something like low 60 for ailerons and elevator, and high 100. having the elevator sensitivity dumbed down, especially for your first landings, is a good way to go. You might want to leave the pushrod on the elevator control horn where it is stock (one of the middle two holes I believe) until you get comfortable with it.

My ailerons are in the hole second from the inside, and the roll rate is ridiculous. It could be because I replaced the stock servos with HS 55s and the arms might be a little longer, but this thing rolls like a mother....
I agree with the others, you really have to see what works for you and keep adjusting until it feel just right for you and your style of flying.

But to help out, here's what I use...

Ailerons - control arm on outer hole, control horn on 2nd inner-most. High rates 100% & 50% Expo. Low rates 80% and 60% expo.

Elevator- control arm 4th hole in from outside, control horn on 3rd hole out from inside. High rates 60% & 70% Expo. Low rates 50% and 60% expo.

Rudder- control arm on 1 hole in from outside, control horn on 2nd inner-most (1 hole out). High rates 100% & 40% Expo. Low rates 70% and 50% expo.

But I have never used the low rates

Toppers
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Dec 09, 2009, 03:12 PM
Northernly Inverted
MN USA
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
I am thinking of getting this charger will this adapter will work with it and allow me to charge 2 batteries at once????
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7028

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6569

Can we use a Rhino 2350mAh 3S1P 25C Lipoly Pack or is that a no no??
Thanks
LouBoxer is offline Find More Posts by LouBoxer
Last edited by LouBoxer; Dec 09, 2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2009, 03:56 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,645 Posts
hmmm, couldn't see the charger from the link.

Are you flying stock? If so, that battery should be fine, 9-12 minute run times depending on flying style.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Dec 09, 2009, 04:33 PM
Joined Nov 2009
132 Posts
Low Rates/High Rates

As a rule when I set up a model, I drop my low rates down to 70%, because the travel of my control surfaces are always extreme, (even though I almost never use them low rates).
Below are 2 pics - 1 with the stock aileron throw, and the other with how I set up my T-28.
(I also make sure my EPAs are set to 125% for maximum throw) -

Todd
Lovin'It is offline Find More Posts by Lovin'It
Last edited by Lovin'It; Dec 09, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2009, 04:40 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBoxer View Post
I am thinking of getting this charger will this adapter will work with it and allow me to charge 2 batteries at once????
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7028

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6569
Yes, these work fine to charge 2 x 3s battery packs. Be sure to use the balancing charge program on the charger. Also I find it take ages for the charge to finish (final balance) with two batteries. I often stop and reconnect each battery to finish off instad of waiting.
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Dec 09, 2009, 04:46 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4ORCE View Post
Hi all

thx

Really a stock T-28 does not need any expo. But if you plan to move up to balsa planes, more aerobatic planes, etc, it's good to get use to and it doesn't hurt anything. I have all of mine set about 30-35 expo. Rates are usually 100% on high, 70% or less on low. Usually I only use low rates for landing.

Work your way up slowly with espo or it will freak you out. your thumb moves, your mind expects the plane to move...but it doesn't. If doesn't seem that big of a deal but my first expo rate was 25, thought I had lost a Rx and was going to crash. Didn't take that long to get use to it.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Dec 09, 2009, 05:05 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
816 Posts
Camera on Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
Here you go...
Thanks for the picts very interesting Video looked good that ya had posted
I spect the velcro is on the Horizonal more or less permanently ? What name does the little camera go by ? Much Obliged te.....
Tom Eutsler is offline Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
Old Dec 09, 2009, 05:30 PM
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,352 Posts
G4orce,

Good luck with your experimentation with control throws/response. I just wanted to point out that, depending on the transmitter, you might want negative expo instead of positive. On my Hitec tranmitter, for instance, dialing in negative expo will make the plane easier to control--i.e., less initial movement of the control surface.

Have fun!

--Doug
dk944s2 is offline Find More Posts by dk944s2
Old Dec 09, 2009, 07:35 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk944s2 View Post
G4orce,

Good luck with your experimentation with control throws/response. I just wanted to point out that, depending on the transmitter, you might want negative expo instead of positive. On my Hitec tranmitter, for instance, dialing in negative expo will make the plane easier to control--i.e., less initial movement of the control surface.

Have fun!

--Doug
Jr Spektrum is positive expo
Futaba is negative expo
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY