HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2009, 11:07 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Not seasonal here in Utah. We flew this past Saturday with temps in the 20's and it was snowing when we started.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2009, 11:15 PM
parkflyer
Bay Area, CA
Joined Aug 2009
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91 View Post
Not seasonal here in Utah. We flew this past Saturday with temps in the 20's and it was snowing when we started.
How do you keep your TX safe?
macdaddy1199 is offline Find More Posts by macdaddy1199
Old Dec 07, 2009, 11:25 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1199 View Post
How do you keep your TX safe?
I do my best to teach it to not hang with the wrong crowd and always buckle up....Oh wait, I am the wrong crowd. It wasnt snowing heavily when we started just light snow. Some of our guys have transmitter mits. I dont have any yet. My wife and her buddy sew, and I have asked them to make me one, because I am too cheap to buy one. But it has been a month since I have asked, I guess I will have to buy one. I have to find the right one though since I hand launch some of my planes and I am right handed, which means the elevator/aileron stick will be unattended if I cant get it in the mit quick enough.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Dec 07, 2009, 11:59 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1199 View Post
My motor shaft was bent from some crash that I had that was nearly fatal. Whenever I give it throttle, it goes up and to the left but WOT it glides fine. Would you reccomend putting wood between the screws or something to make it straight? Thanks.
I'd recommend getting a new shaft or a new motor.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Dec 08, 2009, 01:33 AM
Northernly Inverted
MN USA
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
Can the wings on this be glued up easily like the SC ?? or are they to thin??
Are the wheels decent sized or should they be changed for bigger ones (which size if yes)??
Thanks
LouBoxer is offline Find More Posts by LouBoxer
Old Dec 08, 2009, 01:51 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBoxer View Post
Can the wings on this be glued up easily like the SC ?? or are they to thin??
Are the wheels decent sized or should they be changed for bigger ones (which size if yes)??
Thanks
Yes the wings can be repaired very easily. Wheels work fine but I have seen people put bigger ones on also. Does help with longer grass. Like 1 3/4" or so
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The family continues to grow
Old Dec 08, 2009, 03:20 AM
Joined Aug 2009
18 Posts
I've put these on as the grass is a little long where I fly even after it's been mowed :http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9855

I actually took off with the undercarriage for the first time the other day instead of hand launching it. Went pretty well taking off and touch and goes until the fateful last landing (if that's what ya want to call it). It was rather windy but it landed on the nose gear and broke the firewall a bit. I pulled all the undercarriage off and kept flying. Shouldn't be a problem to fix though. I'm so jealous of you guys that have big concrete/bitumen areas or nice grassed areas to takeoff and land at. Landing on the wheels just adds another dimension (and element of danger if ya saw my landings) to flying. My belly landings are quite smooth so I obviously need more practice
hrtpaul is offline Find More Posts by hrtpaul
Old Dec 08, 2009, 07:43 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,939 Posts
Video of my Trojan in Toronto at the weekend. Cold and windy but sunny for a while

Parkzone T-28 at Downsview (8 min 44 sec)

It was too windy to use the flaps, too bad as the keyfob camera was perfectly placed on the horizontal stab.

Cheers !!

Toppers
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Dec 08, 2009, 07:54 AM
Yeah it's me, Glacier Girl
Lakeland, Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2009
216 Posts
Something else you folks should think of when winter flying. Condensation.
You know when you walk outside and your glasses fog up.

Guess what else does the same? The components you fly with. And it works both ways.
You take a nice warm bird and tx outside to bitter cold conditions and they will fog up inside also. When you are done and take the chilled equipment back inside it's just like cold soda sitting in a hot room, condensation forms. Electronics don't like water.

To help allieviate the problem you might want to think about keeping your stuff in maybe an unheated garage, so it's not being abused by the drastic temp changes and what it does to them.
The Scarecrow is offline Find More Posts by The Scarecrow
Old Dec 08, 2009, 08:44 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Toppers!

Wow, I never have thought that the wing flexes that much!

Nice Video and interesting
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Dec 08, 2009, 09:30 AM
MN
Joined Jun 2006
392 Posts
Wing Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000 View Post
Toppers!

Wow, I never have thought that the wing flexes that much!

Nice Video and interesting
I think most of what you see as wing flex is actually the fuse rocking side to side. Mine rocked side to side so bad I choose to glue mine on. Since then I've noticed some serious wing flex, performing high performance maneuvers. Gonna pull the tape off this winter and make sure the spar is firmly glued in place.
geekmedic is offline Find More Posts by geekmedic
Old Dec 08, 2009, 03:15 PM
We can still hand launch it !!
Hampstead, NC
Joined Mar 2009
56 Posts
wing flex

I am new to RC but as an experienced pilot can tell you this. A wing that does not flex tends to break off. If you happen to fly in an airliner sometime check out what happens to the wing tip during turbulence. I would assume this to be true no matter what size the airframe. RC or not
captjoey42 is offline Find More Posts by captjoey42
Old Dec 08, 2009, 04:51 PM
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,352 Posts
Cool video! Looks like you almost lost the canopy (pops up at about 4:46).

Flew mine for the first time last Saturday, and it met/exceeded my expectations. Stock power system flies so nice! 2200 25C packs no doubt help! Ground handling is awesome, not a hint of tip-stalling on super-slow approaches, and very controllable when flaring. Best ARF I've ever had.

--Doug
dk944s2 is offline Find More Posts by dk944s2
Old Dec 08, 2009, 05:21 PM
Northernly Inverted
MN USA
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
This thread is so long its making me dizzy lol so..
Could someone please suggest or point me to a list of "Must Do's" for the T28.
Example... should I tape the leading edges etc???
LouBoxer is offline Find More Posts by LouBoxer
Old Dec 08, 2009, 05:53 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjoey42 View Post
I am new to RC but as an experienced pilot can tell you this. A wing that does not flex tends to break off. If you happen to fly in an airliner sometime check out what happens to the wing tip during turbulence. I would assume this to be true no matter what size the airframe. RC or not
Like I said, Wing Flex!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000