SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:31 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Yeah, you are welcomed!

I have David (Dwhart24) that has a new T-28D Trojan "Airforce" and has bought some Park Zone 3-Blade propellers as he just Loves the way my T-28 Looked when I had the 3-Blade. I don't think he is ready for the GWS 4-Blade Propeller as of yet because he wants me to fly my model a little longer and pass certification.
Hi Carlos,

So are you using the Corsair 3-blade props ?

I've seen a lot of people put them down... the video looked good. What sort of throttle position (takeoff and cruising) were you flying compared to the stock prop ?

Thanks

Toppers
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:42 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers
Hi Carlos,

So are you using the Corsair 3-blade props ?

I've seen a lot of people put them down... the video looked good. What sort of throttle position (takeoff and cruising) were you flying compared to the stock prop ?

Thanks

Toppers
Toppers,

I don't recall why they Put them Down only to remember something about not being balanced and this was perhaps just a very few if it was the fact but, Horizon Hobby challenged those who did post to send them in so, Horizon could take a look for themselves and I really do not recall what happened to that as at that time I was just flying with the 2-blade propeller and really did not pay too much attention.

About 4 months ago, I tried the Park Zone 3-Blade propeller that came with my Park Zone F4U Corsair and placed it on my Park Zone T-28 Trojan and it zoomed upward with additional thrust and perhaps a tiny bit slower but, when I placed some fresh (NEW) generic 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25C, Li-POLYs the model flew just as fast as the 2-Blade.

Does it make some noise at Full Throttle, you bet as these propellers are made of Plastic and alignment is perhaps not the best but, adaquate for the STOCK power system. EDIT: Park Zone 3-Blade Prop: THrottle was nothing over 3/4 setting for take-off and for easy curising at 1/2 and for slightly spirited curising at two clicks above 1/2.

Heck, if you like to really see Noise at Full Throttle you guys should wait for my up and coming recent Video that David (DwHart24) recorded just last night when I commanded my T-28 Trojan NAVY with the GWS 4-Blade 10X8X4 propeller! Being that I have had this GWS 4-Blade for over 5 years now, the blades were not aligned at all and it still wobbles just a little but, it pulls my model along just great and makes this cool sound!!

Just wait later today for the Video using the 4-Blade GWS Prop!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Sep 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:46 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Toppers,

I don't recall why they Put them Down only to remember something about not being balanced and this was perhaps just a very few if it was the fact but, Horizon Hobby challenged those who did post to send them in so, Horizon could take a look for themselves and I really do not recall what happened to that as at that time I was just flying with the 2-blade propeller and really did not pay too much attention.

About 4 months ago, I tried the Park Zone 3-Blade propeller that came with my Park Zone F4U Corsair and placed it on my Park Zone T-28 Trojan and it zoomed upward with additional thrust and perhaps a tiny bit slower but, when I placed some fresh (NEW) generic 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25C, Li-POLYs the model flew just as fast as the 2-Blade.

Does it make some noise at Full Throttle, you bet as these propellers are made of Plastic and alignment is perhaps not the best but, adaquate for the STOCK power system.

Heck, if you like to really see Noise at Full Throttle you guys should wait for my up and coming recent Video that David (DwHart24) recorded just last night when I commanded my T-28 Trojan NAVY with the GWS 4-Blade 10X8X4 propeller! Being that I have had this GWS 4-Blade for over 5 years now, the blades were not aligned at all and it still wobbles just a little but, it pulls my model along just great and makes this cool sound!!

Just wait later today for the Video using the 4-Blade GWS Prop!
Thanks Carlos. I'll pick a couple up next time I'm at the LHS then and give them a try.

Cheers !!
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:29 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Toppers,

I don't recall why they Put them Down only to remember something about not being balanced......

I recall folks saying they broke easy. That didn't seem like to hard of a landing in your video. Maybe there was something to it.

Rob
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:59 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
I use the MAS 10x7x3 blade on my T-28. Have close to fifty flights on the same blade, not even a nick in it.
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:12 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawk
I use the MAS 10x7x3 blade on my T-28. Have close to fifty flights on the same blade, not even a nick in it.
Same as me, these are pretty strong even though I have 2 just sitting there that I do not use anymore.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:16 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Hey guys!

I thought I recently saw someone was looking for a T-28 box. If you are, I have one for sale here. Thanks!

-Kevin
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:23 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2009
514 Posts
Just turned my new one on. Servos whistle loudly. Sqweek and squak when moved. Is that normal?
I hope it can rog. Its too heavy to throw. Going to get some big wheels. Any other suggestions for rog? My Scub will rog if you hold it till wot and let go. At least its lite enough to throw if you have to.
I dont like my gasser because its not environmentally good but its nice the way it will taxi like a real plane and not nose in like an idiot every ten seconds.
cgage is offline Find More Posts by cgage
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:25 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgage
Just turned my new one on. Servos whistle loudly. Sqweek and squak when moved. Is that normal?
I hope it can rog. Its too heavy to throw. Going to get some big wheels. Any other suggestions for rog? My Scub will rog if you hold it till wot and let go. At least its lite enough to throw if you have to.
I dont like my gasser because its not environmentally good but its nice the way it will taxi like a real plane and not nose in like an idiot every ten seconds.
ROG's just fine.

And it isn't too heavy to throw once you get that prop spinning. hold the top of hte plane, in front of the tail (that general area) and give it a toss.
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:30 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,001 Posts
Yes whistling servos are normal.

Want to sell your non enviro friendly gasser?
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:51 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2009
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Yes whistling servos are normal.

Want to sell your non enviro friendly gasser?
I dont know. I may eventually. I'll keep your address. Its an Alpha 40.
cgage is offline Find More Posts by cgage
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:55 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
T28 4s

Been following this post for a while been getting a kick out of the stockers and the moders,well i have a few t28s since they came out and i have to say i love to mod them and power them up since the first esc and radio was not up to snuff,but after doing the unlimited vertical and flying a dot in the sky,i go back to the stock system and enjoy the close up flying and mellow touch and goes.so i like it both ways,i guess that makes me bi Trojan LOL ok im out of the closet,but for now its hammer down and speed time,i was out yesterday with the t28 4s and the pulse 25 4s and things were moving along LOL

T28 4s (3 min 20 sec)
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:10 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,997 Posts
T-28 box

Sorry Kevin,

For all the advice I get from the pilots on this thread, I have a t-28 box in my garage for free you the pay shipping.

Thanks - Ron

Hey guys!

I thought I recently saw someone was looking for a T-28 box. If you are, I have one for sale here. Thanks!

-Kevin[/QUOTE]
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Last edited by rdcskkrose; Sep 16, 2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
Joined May 2007
106 Posts
Hey all,

My brother and I fly a T-28 P-n-p. We love it, but have had a few hard landings. We have partially separated the foam from the front canopy notch down through the "exhaust stacks." We've been using foam safe CA, but it keeps cracking along the same lines. Somewhere, in an earlier post, it was mentioned that hot glue might be a better reinforcement. Would this work better? Any other thoughts to reinforce the nose?

Thanks in advance.
K4RT80Y is offline Find More Posts by K4RT80Y
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:33 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4RT80Y
Hey all,

My brother and I fly a T-28 P-n-p. We love it, but have had a few hard landings. We have partially separated the foam from the front canopy notch down through the "exhaust stacks." We've been using foam safe CA, but it keeps cracking along the same lines. Somewhere, in an earlier post, it was mentioned that hot glue might be a better reinforcement. Would this work better? Any other thoughts to reinforce the nose?

Thanks in advance.
EPOXY
My pops had his T28 go in last night. No body saw it go in except him, and he didnt know where it was. Couldnt find it last night but went out again this morning and after 2.5 hour hunt, we found it. The nose was knocked off just like yours K4 and repairs easily with epoxy. The esc was in three pieces but all snapped back together. Battery was down to nothing and wouldnt take a charge. Set charger on nimh setting .1a and brought it back to life. These planes are very hard to beat for durability.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Sep 16, 2009 at 07:39 PM.