HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:59 PM
low'n'slow is the way to go
United States, MN
Joined Sep 2008
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
AMA membership? Rockets? Homeland Sec? What happened to the T28?
started when someone posted some cool rockets strapped to his plane and grew into this lol
DeepEastKilla is offline Find More Posts by DeepEastKilla
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:07 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,801 Posts
I saw that. I think rockets are cool. I think safety is cool also. I think everyone has a valid point so lets just call the score even and move on. I knew this would happen when I first saw the pics of what I personally thought was a dangerously controversial but very cool mod. Nice job on the mod and lets just say that they are photoshop designs. Too bad someone couldnt really have them and play games like the military does.
FIXXIN2FLY is online now Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The family continues to grow
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:08 PM
United States, MN
Joined Sep 2008
734 Posts
Quote:
I saw that. I think rockets are cool. I think safety is cool also. I think everyone has a valid point so lets just call the score even and move on. I knew this would happen when I first saw the pics of what I personally thought was a dangerously controversial but very cool mod. Nice job on the mod and lets just say that they are photoshop designs. Too bad someone couldnt really have them and play games like the military does.

T
R
U
E
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:12 PM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
To help get back on track, here are some recent photos of Slingshot Johnny snapped by Darth Elevator (thanks!!)

GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:14 PM
United States, MN
Joined Sep 2008
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyPilot
To help get back on track, here are some recent photos of Slingshot Johnny snapped by Darth Elevator (thanks!!)

the stock radio uses the switch for dr right? cant do flaps on stock tx?
Old Aug 29, 2009, 12:23 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Quote:
F2F,
That's fine, but let's consider the fact that he is talking explosive tipped rockets with a FPV system!
That will get Homeland Securitys attention! and result in restrictions!
We should all understand that kids also read this thread, and could get hurt trying to copy a dangerous idea.
This is the internet, we should all be careful what we post!
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 12:25 AM
United States, MN
Joined Sep 2008
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFly.
F2F,
That's fine, but let's consider the fact that he is talking explosive tipped rockets with a FPV system!
That will get Homeland Securitys attention! and result in restrictions!
We should all understand that kids also read this thread, and could get hurt trying to copy a dangerous idea.
This is the internet, we should all be careful what we post!
lol tannerite is a legal explosive. it wouldnt explode if he luanched it and it hit something. its not smart to luanch rockets but we dont have to get bent out of shape by it.

i meant to say STAY ON TOPIC sry for keepin it goin
Last edited by DeepEastKilla; Aug 29, 2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 01:04 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2009
994 Posts
Nice pics DeepEast, but they are a bit big!!
Mcdyvie is offline Find More Posts by Mcdyvie
Old Aug 29, 2009, 01:05 AM
United States, MN
Joined Sep 2008
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdyvie
Nice pics DeepEast, but they are a bit big!!

not my pics sry
Old Aug 29, 2009, 01:10 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2009
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEastKilla
not my pics sry
Oops, sorry, you just quoted them...

@Gimpypilot then!!!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:35 AM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
DeepEast, I am running a Spektrum DX6-i so I have a flaps switch and a gear switch. Using the custom MIX controls I get about 15 degrees with the flap switch, and then they go to 40 degrees when I hit the gear switch (just made that mod last night - test flying in about an hour).

I am not familiar with the stock 5 channel Tx but if it is a 5 channel you should at least be able to set up flaps - use a slow down unit to reduce the speed of the flap servos for a more scale and more controllable deployment.
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:00 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyPilot
DeepEast, I am running a Spektrum DX6-i so I have a flaps switch and a gear switch. Using the custom MIX controls I get about 15 degrees with the flap switch, and then they go to 40 degrees when I hit the gear switch (just made that mod last night - test flying in about an hour).

I am not familiar with the stock 5 channel Tx but if it is a 5 channel you should at least be able to set up flaps - use a slow down unit to reduce the speed of the flap servos for a more scale and more controllable deployment.
I have spoilerons and flaps with a DX6i. The only way it would work was to map the flaps to the gears switch and the spoilerons to flap switch. I know, you are saying "huh"??? Trust me, it's the easiest way to do it. The tradeoff is the spoilerons and flaps have one and only one setting of deployment.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:26 AM
Grafton, Oh
Joined Jun 2008
497 Posts
I crashed a pz-t-28 because of the dx6i and/or the ar6100 receiver, just to warn all you guys.
parkpilot101 is offline Find More Posts by parkpilot101
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:29 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2009
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkpilot101
I crashed a pz-t-28 because of the dx6i and/or the ar6100 receiver, just to warn all you guys.
Details please! I am about to put a 6100E in my Depron foamy bi-plane with the DX6i as Tx.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:41 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdyvie
Details please! I am about to put a 6100E in my Depron foamy bi-plane with the DX6i as Tx.
Hmmm, I even fly them with oldie AR6000 which did cost me one crash because it take over 8 seconds to reboot. I have five AR6100's and have absolutely no problems whatsoever. These all have the firmware update and quick reconnenct (1/4 second) should you suffer a 3.5 volt low voltage spike to the receiver.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member